Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

30 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I think you have confused your opinion with being something which is "established" a common mistake.

Havertz will not be playing as a deep central midfielder.

Yes so that would put him 4th choice for 2 positions. With the chance to improve his standing in that order. Over a season I'd expect him to play.

Sure.

Anyhoo, I see that Hickey is starting tonight and has been given shirt number 3. You’d think that might suggest he’s at least expected to be involved regularly but no guarantee I suppose.
I had read that either the Bologna manager or president or something said he would be coming in as second choice but I still didn't expect him to start tonight, some buzz for the boy.

26 minutes ago, Aidan said:
1 hour ago, Rodhull said:
Anyhoo, I see that Hickey is starting tonight and has been given shirt number 3. You’d think that might suggest he’s at least expected to be involved regularly but no guarantee I suppose.

I had read that either the Bologna manager or president or something said he would be coming in as second choice but I still didn't expect him to start tonight, some buzz for the boy.

Aye turns out the other left back got sent off in their last game so maybe not that much of a surprise but still wouldn't have been surprised if they waited before throwing him in to the first team.

That was a very good first half from Hickey, always looking for the ball, had a replay-worthy moment when he skinned a boy and has been putting himself in great attacking positions. Almost got onto the end of a cross right at the whistle there as well. Very impressive all things considered.

Aye turns out the other left back got sent off in their last game so maybe not that much of a surprise but still wouldn't have been surprised if they waited before throwing him in to the first team.
Yeah I mentioned further up the thread that I didn't think he would start but fair play to them sticking to their word, if they did actually say that he would be going in as second choice. Hope he has a good game.

I'm fairly certain he's either naturally right footed or very good with both feet so if he keeps getting a good amount of game time and plays well, he could solve the right back problem for Scotland.

59 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

That was a very good first half from Hickey, always looking for the ball, had a replay-worthy moment when he skinned a boy and has been putting himself in great attacking positions. Almost got onto the end of a cross right at the whistle there as well. Very impressive all things considered.

Aye, he's going right to the top like. Not even joking to say wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if he's at Juventus in three years.