Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

47 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He'll be a second choice, as in named in the matchday squad most of the time when fit and getting regular game time. He isn't fit till November though so you're looking December by the time that will start.

Chelsea's three in the middle were Mount, Kante and Kovacic. On the bench they had Jorginho (could be replaced by Rice) and Barkley. At this stage he isn't playing regular football ahead of any of those five options. Needs a decent loan move.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Chelsea's three in the middle were Mount, Kante and Kovacic. On the bench they had Jorginho (could be replaced by Rice) and Barkley. At this stage he isn't playing regular football ahead of any of those five options. Needs a decent loan move.

Again, the same options that were there last season. When he was playing first team football.

Do you realise he's currently injured?

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Nah that's pish, Mount and Barkley don't even play in his position.

23 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I see know reason why not. The positions where they strengened are not in the position gilmour was playing last season. 

Jorginho has also been getting linked with arsenal recently.

Lampard needs to sort out his centre midfield because the Chelsea defence is got-at far too easily and they’re also fucking terrible at defending. I get Lampard’s trying to build his own team, but as it stands Azpilicueta and Rudiger are their best defenders by a mile and not playing, whilst Kante is the only midfielder he has capable of offering their porous defence the protection they need.

21 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Jorginho linked with Arsenal as they want Declan Rice to play centre mid...

Kante >> Jorginho >> Kovacic >> Rice 

Edited by 8MileBU

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Lampard needs to sort out his centre midfield because the Chelsea defence is got-at far too easily and they’re also fucking terrible at defending. I get Lampard’s trying to build his own team, but as it stands Azpilicueta and Rudiger are their best defenders by a mile and not playing, whilst Kante is the only midfielder he has capable of offering their porous defence the protection they need.

Kante >> Jorginho >> Kovacic >> Rice 

The last time I disagreed with you regarding football, you spent to days going back dotting every post you could find. 

So don't quote me as if were gonna have a nice wee chat about football please. Were not, I have no interest. I think your a Muppet.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

15 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

The last time I disagreed with you regarding football, you spent to days going back dotting every post you could find. 

So don't quote me as if were gonna have a nice wee chat about football please. Were not, I have no interest. I think your a Muppet.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

Good grief. If only there were a thread for this sort of overreaction... 

Simplest thing would’ve been to not reply tbh. 

7 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Hickey named in the squad for Bologna btw, only LB in the squad so maybe he starts.

I hope he does, great move for him. Any time I watched him for Hearts I thought he stood out like a sore thumb.

Our national team are crying out for a left back too.

42 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You might want to have a wee read of what I said again.

No. I've named the five midfielders they had in the last match day squad. You've said I'm speaking pish as he plays a different position from than of them. Which of the other three does he keep out if the match day squad?

Just now, Merkland Red said:

No. I've named the five midfielders they had in the last match day squad. You've said I'm speaking pish as he plays a different position from than of them. Which of the other three does he keep out if the match day squad?

Ground hog day again is it.

Its the same 3 that were there last season, when he was playing games.

Its not necessarily a case of keeping any of the 3 out the team or squad.

I'll explain slowly why.

Now get ready for this bit, it will blow your mind.

Over the course of a season players get injured, get suspended. And are rotated due to fatigue.

So I think same as last season, competing against the same players mentioned. He will get games, from the start and from the bench.

I'd actually agree a loan may be good for him. Dependent on the team. It wouldn't be good for him to be overplayed at this point.

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ground hog day again is it.

Its the same 3 that were there last season, when he was playing games.

Its not necessarily a case of keeping any of the 3 out the team or squad.

I'll explain slowly why.

Now get ready for this bit, it will blow your mind.

Over the course of a season players get injured, get suspended. And are rotated due to fatigue.

So I think same as last season, competing against the same players mentioned. He will get games, from the start and from the bench.

I'd actually agree a loan may be good for him. Dependent on the team. It wouldn't be good for him to be overplayed at this point.

So if he's going to be sixth choice and rotated in and out if the squad due to injury, suspension and fatigue then he should be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

It's a simple concept.

Edit:

Look at the games he played last season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/billy-gilmour/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/423744/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Hardly given a chance then played most of his minutes in the actual first team during the return after lockdown where teams played three times per week.

Edited by Merkland Red

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

What are you confused about?

Players playing positions?

They're is 5 positions for CM's in their match day squad based on Saturday. Lpard may choose to use them in a variety of ways. When Pulisic is fit he may even deploy Havertz deeper. 

We've established he won't have much chance of starting ahead of the players chosen at this stage of his career. Hence sixth choice. If one of those players drops out he'll get his chance on the bench. 

If it makes you feel better to suggest he plays a different position than 2 of them then that puts him fourth choice behind 3 established international footballers.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

They're is 5 positions for CM's in their match day squad based on Saturday. Lpard may choose to use them in a variety of ways. When Pulisic is fit he may even deploy Havertz deeper. 

We've established he won't have much chance of starting ahead of the players chosen at this stage of his career. Hence sixth choice. If one of those players drops out he'll get his chance on the bench. 

If it makes you feel better to suggest he plays a different position than 2 of them then that puts him fourth choice behind 3 established international footballers.

I think you have confused your opinion with being something which is "established" a common mistake.

Havertz will not be playing as a deep central midfielder.

Yes so that would put him 4th choice for 2 positions. With the chance to improve his standing in that order. Over a season I'd expect him to play.