Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Rugby and tennis are totally clean too as folk rarely fail tests in those sports.

If you're interested in this stuff this is an excellent site regarding tennis' doping issues - https://tennishasadopingproblemblog.wordpress.com/

Both Nadal and FedEx blood were also involved in that Spanish court case I believe.

If you're interested in this stuff this is an excellent site regarding tennis' doping issues - https://tennishasadopingproblemblog.wordpress.com/
Both Nadal and FedEx blood were also involved in that Spanish court case I believe.
Dr Fuentes had the training schedules of both Real Madrid and Barcelona in his office. There's also a huge amount of smoke around the French '98 winning squad, not surprisingly seeing how many were at Juventus, whose medical supplies counted 281 different drugs and had 23 players on anti-depressants.

4 hours ago, ahemps said:

Gary O Connor claimed that in Russia they would 'clean' his blood before games and he'd feel amazing after it.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1064636/lokomotiv-moscow-deny-oconnor-blood-treatment-claims

"You would get your blood taken out," he said.

"And before the game you’d get it put back in.

"They’d take your blood out, clean it, put it back in, go into the oxygen chamber.

"You felt like a million dollars, ken what I mean?

"See when you were playing, you felt like you could play two 90 minutes."

Have to say I'm on the side of Lokomotiv here. 

I remember when Operacion Puerto went to court and the prosecution were instructed to only look at the cases of cyclists, despite the fact that they made up a minority of Fuentes' clientele. He himself said that if all his files were opened then Spain would have to give back their World Cup. There were a number of tennis players on his books too. I've always had my suspicions about Nadal myself.

On 03/09/2020 at 13:29, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean imagine someone like Ronaldo. How many times do you think he's been tested in his life?  A thousand?  Something like that?  Its just not feasible that he could ever have taken anything and got away with it, he'd have been caught years and years ago.

Maradona tried it in 94 and got done straight away. Sine die. Football at the very top level is ultra clean, much more than almost every other sport, because its the biggest sport by far so its very highly regulated and there's so much money involved. Nobody is taking drugs and getting away with it at a decent level of the game, its just not possible.

“I have never doped … I have competed as an endurance athlete for 25 years with no spike in performance, passed more than 500 drug tests and never failed one.” - Lance Armstrong 

if you think there is no doping in football you are hopelessly naive 

On 03/09/2020 at 21:45, Merkland Red said:

Is that not the sort of thing the top English clubs have been doing?

Most of them freely admit to "blood spinning", to try and help players recover from certain types of injuries quicker, it is legal.

Its an almost identical process to the "blood doping" Garry O'Connor is describing above, which is not legal.

Always felt its quite clear some nations (looking at you, England and France), are quite heavy in their use of drugs in their youth sides, to make their youngsters grow quicker physically. You just have to watch an U17 game and their squads are all monsters compared to every other nation. This maybe needs post in the ridiculous conspiracy thread though.

This thread reminds me of the Jack Harper / Ryan Gauld / Islam Feruz love in on this forum a few years ago.

All very highly rated teenagers who were going to be the saviour of the Scotland national team, all now in their mid 20’s. Not a single senior cap between them

Point is there is really no way of knowing if a player is going to make it at the top level until he has.

I do think Gilmour is a special talent though, unlike the others he’s already performed at the highest level. He’d be the first name on the Scotland team sheet for me whenever fit from this point forward.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

This thread reminds me of the Jack Harper / Ryan Gauld / Islam Feruz love in on this forum a few years ago.

All very highly rated teenagers who were going to be the saviour of the Scotland national team, all now in their mid 20’s. Not a single senior cap between them

Point is there is really no way of knowing if a player is going to make it at the top level until he has.

I do think Gilmour is a special talent though, unlike the others he’s already performed at the highest level. He’d be the first name on the Scotland team sheet for me whenever fit from this point forward.

A Chelsea reserve would be the first name on your teamsheet?

5 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Back on subject

Hickey to Bologna is just a medical away

Not the European Champions but ...

I think that's an excellent move.  Shits all over Sheffield Wednesday or some pish like that, and fair play to him for doing it.  Hope it goes great. He is very young, three or four years there if you do well you could be at Juventus.