Hickey and Hepburn to Bayern

You don't know enough about Bayern Munich?  What are you even doing on a football forum?
Firstly, it's a Scottish football forum and in that regard Bayern Munich are less relevant than Trakai or Birkirkara.

Secondly, although I have a reasonable familiarity with Bayern Munich, I know nothing about their business model regarding teenage prospects which is what is relevant to this conversation.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Firstly, it's a Scottish football forum and in that regard Bayern Munich are less relevant than Trakai or Birkirkara.

Secondly, although I have a reasonable familiarity with Bayern Munich, I know nothing about their business model regarding teenage prospects which is what is relevant to this conversation.

Aye but you know plenty about Bologna's eh ya fuckin tube. 

52 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Considering until a few weeks ago I lived just over an hour from Bologna I actually do.

Seek help, man, or at least take a few days off.

Living just over an hour away from bologna does not qualify you as an expert on their youth system.

I live just over an hour away from many many clubs. Yet I don't have any knowledge on their youth systems.

My nephew played for celtic and is now at St Johnstone. Yet despite being in touch with him I have very little understanding of their youth recruitment, coaches or training.

You were not employed by bologna were you?

So really you just read some stuff in a newspaper. Of which there's going to be ridiculously little info on youth teams. Stuff that anyone would have access to.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Living just over an hour away from bologna does not qualify you as an expert on their youth system.
I live just over an hour away from many many clubs. Yet I don't have any knowledge on their youth systems.
My nephew played for celtic and is now at St Johnstone. Yet despite being in touch with him I have very little understanding of their youth recruitment, coaches or training.
So really you just read some stuff in a newspaper. Of which there's going to be ridiculously little info on youth teams. Stuff that anyone would have access to.

For the sake of f**k, I never claimed to be an expert. I'm not sure why you're being so needlessly argumentative, all I did was point out that interest from Bologna wasn't exactly evidence of him being a world talent. Just admit you were being hyperbolic and move on. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
48 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

For the sake of f**k, I never claimed to be an expert.

Hmmmmm? I'm sure that's exactly what you claimed

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye but you know plenty about Bologna's eh ya fuckin tube. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Considering until a few weeks ago I lived just over an hour from Bologna I actually do.

Boom 💥 

6 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:
Boom emoji95.png 

Knowing plenty means knowing a sufficient amount, being an expert means being very knowledgeable. They are two very different concepts. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Oh DiegoDiego stop wriggling, its over. You've been pumped.

Bologna's reputation is built on inventing the blandest spaghetti sauce on the planet, and a sausage that the Americans use as another word for nonsense. I doubt their assessment of footballing talent is much better.   

More Scots youth getting picked up by european teams is hopefully a sign of green shoots in our football and certainly hope the lads are successful at Bayern but there'll be very tough competition, so can only wait and see.

Although a footballer has got to jump at the chance to play with some of the very best, I partly still wonder if it could perhaps be better for them to go to more mid-table type clubs like Bologna. Where they'd still get the benefit of a greater standard while having a better chance at getting decent game time. Although that's still no guarantee.

16 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

What about the judgement of the hundreds of teams who aren't interested in him?

One of the best teams in the world have just bought an 18 year old Scot and we've got folks saying "aye but look at aw the clubs who didn't want to buy him".

:lol:

On 17/08/2020 at 12:59, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I just picked the worst team with probably smallest budget in the league, Hamilton. Three full internationals in their squad, several age group.  You're an idiot.

If you are saying Hamilton have players of similair quality to Bayern Munich, then I agree, Hickey will be fine. 

Not sure that Saville enjoyed the youth as much as you. 

On 19/08/2020 at 21:38, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye that's totally what I'm saying.  Walloper.

The mods need to get a grip of this carry on tbh . 

The title is about 2 scottish players signing for bayern munich . 

Edited by greenockraver