Pyramid Prospects

mick90

There is a proposal from the HL that is supposed to be ready for the north region to sign off on. The North Caledonian League has already agreed to it and the word from them is that it could be implemented as soon as this season if the north region agree to it.
There is absolutely no way that could be implemented for this season. Perhaps 2021-22.

5 hours ago, mick90 said:

The membership (licence) fee for SFA was £100 when we started the Pyramid Campaign in 1994, no requirements for lights, etc, etc  ... since then, as more and more clubs looked to advance, virtually every single rule change has been at the behest of SPFL ... to prevent competition in the game ... lights being the latest trick (when none of the SFA early cup replays are played at night).  These people are cheats and crooks and if this was the USA, they`d be in jail.  It is actually against the law in UK, but rarely applied, especially in Scotland which is only 9% of the UK market and has an astonishingly poor government ..

What does the government has to do with it? Judiciary is a separate institution over here, they are the ones deciding whether or not a case gets prosecuted. So if you have any evidence that actual crimes have been committed, feel free to take them to the police. I won't hold my breath for that happening though...

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

What does the government has to do with it? Judiciary is a separate institution over here, they are the ones deciding whether or not a case gets prosecuted. So if you have any evidence that actual crimes have been committed, feel free to take them to the police. I won't hold my breath for that happening though...

He's been saying the same sort of things for literally decades now.

https://archive.parliament.scot/business/committees/enterprise/inquiries/sfi/fie_pt02_Pyramid.pdf

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
There is a proposal from the HL that is supposed to be ready for the north region to sign off on. The North Caledonian League has already agreed to it and the word from them is that it could be implemented as soon as this season if the north region agree to it.

There is absolutely no way that could be implemented for this season. Perhaps 2021-22.

It wouldn't take effect till 2021 anyway. It's a step forward without too many immediate consequences, the HL has spaces available so no requirement for demotion as yet, and it could go ahead without the North Juniors if they can't decide.

13 hours ago, Marten said:

If he's thinking about competition law, that's enforced by the Office of Fair Trading, not the police.  They have sweeping powers to fine companies without the judiciary being involved at all.

On 06/08/2020 at 15:16, mick90 said:

Full junor layout at   https://scottishpyramidnews.yolasite.com/pyramid.php

compare the lot ...

Who writes this pish. The conferences in the WoSFL were settled purely on league finishing positions to ensure a fair spread of abilities across all three conferences.  The spread of Ayrshire clubs is a matter of the finishing positions and that's the proper way to set up three fair, balanced conferences. 

In the West Region that has just been wound up and in the new WoSFL, there is no Ayrshire anyway, all clubs are West clubs. 

Who writes this pish. The conferences in the WoSFL were settled purely on league finishing positions to ensure a fair spread of abilities across all three conferences.  The spread of Ayrshire clubs is a matter of the finishing positions and that's the proper way to set up three fair, balanced conferences. 
In the West Region that has just been wound up and in the new WoSFL, there is no Ayrshire anyway, all clubs are West clubs. 
You are 100% correct. [emoji106], But mick90 has never let the truth get in the way of a chance to talk utter nonsense in a totally unnecessarily aggressive manner.

I honestly believe the pyramid will be a saviour for certain clubs especially if they can get a licence and into the Scottish Cup.

Not one or two but a whole host of clubs in the West will play games over the next decade they could only dream about a few months ago.

9 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

You're talking about someone who's dream make up of Scottish Football looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f3def093c84d88f68e4384ed0f03074a.png

http://sfa-spfl-myth.yolasite.com/the-way-up.php

I have no doubt that mick90 is passionate about this subject and puts a lot of thought into what he believes.

However, what puts a lot of people off from listening to him (including myself) is the emotive and unnecessarily aggressive tone that he uses when trying to make his point, as if anybody who questions his theories in any way is an imbecile.

Until such times as he tempers his personal manner, many people will continue to just ignore him.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

I have no doubt that mick90 is passionate about this subject and puts a lot of thought into what he believes.

However, what puts a lot of people off from listening to him (including myself) is the emotive and unnecessarily aggressive tone that he uses when trying to make his point, as if anybody who questions his theories in any way is an imbecile.

Until such times as he tempers his personal manner, many people will continue to just ignore him.

To be fair, he's been banging on about the pyramid before it was even close to being a reality, so kudos where it's due I suppose.

He probably does have some good ideas, but like you I struggle with his editorialising and general inability to express those ideas succinctly and coherently...I've tried to make sense of some of his stuff on several occasions but normally last about three sentences, as by that point he'll have lapsed into shoutycaps where he almost invariably will choose TO emphasise the wrong word, which combined with his slightly strange, off-kilter written syntax renders a lot of it well-nigh incomprehensible.

21 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

To be fair, he's been banging on about the pyramid before it was even close to being a reality, so kudos where it's due I suppose.

He probably does have some good ideas, but like you I struggle with his editorialising and general inability to express those ideas succinctly and coherently...I've tried to make sense of some of his stuff on several occasions but normally last about three sentences, as by that point he'll have lapsed into shoutycaps where he almost invariably will choose TO emphasise the wrong word, which combined with his slightly strange, off-kilter written syntax renders a lot of it well-nigh incomprehensible.

^^^^^

Ma English teacher. 

10 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Jeez, nae offence Tut, but I had gained the impression it could easily be the other way around 😉

No offence taken TM.

Hillonearth happens to be one cool dude in real life. I know like for a lot of us, H will be having a heavy time missing out the fitba fix. Lost count of the Junior/non league grounds i've seen H at. In a normal season H would have probably seen 20 games by now if you include friendlies. 

52 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

No offence taken TM.

Hillonearth happens to be one cool dude in real life. I know like for a lot of us, H will be having a heavy time missing out the fitba fix. Lost count of the Junior/non league grounds i've seen H at. In a normal season H would have probably seen 20 games by now if you include friendlies. 

Aye like him (I think anyway) I had a good few years of committee experience. And I’m knocking on towards the state pension but you seem to have memories going even further back than me hence me ribbing you about the age thing 😉