Accies vs County

It feels like we haven't won at Hamilton in years. I can't remember the last time I saw us string together a good 90 minutes there, let alone win Ljsl9nQ.png&key=42e65de0cca662bb9fb9a1169e65d7392c4614b3116ef4bb4e59e66fbf3ae485
It's been nearly five years since County beat us in Hamilton - a 3-1 victory in December 2015.

Since then it's been three wins for Accies and two draws.

There's only been something like three away wins between us in the last 10 years.

41 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It's been nearly five years since County beat us in Hamilton - a 3-1 victory in December 2015.

There's only been something like three away wins between us in the last 10 years.

I think both sides have the mindset of 'should be winning against them at home' 

wonder when the last goalless draw was between us as I can't remember one off the top of my head.

wonder when the last goalless draw was between us as I can't remember one off the top of my head.
Nov 2006 seemingly (I did have to look that one up).

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Nov 2006 seemingly (I did have to look that one up).

100% going to be a goalless draw tomorrow then.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

We have a history of playing utter shite down there recently. Marcus Fraser at centre half when we lost 2-0 still gives me nightmares.

That 0-0 was a fairly respectable result considering how shit we were that season.

Hamilton Accies held the edge in terms of play and chances in a draw which was largely bogged down in midfield.

Hamilton's Paul McLeod and James McCarthy went close with shots early on before Andy Dowie headed a Derek Adams cross wide for the visitors.

James McArthur fired a McCarthy pass just over from 25 yards, and after the break Hamilton's David Winters sent a shot into the side-netting.

County's Michael Gardyn cashed in on a short back-pass only to shoot wide.

Hamilton Academical: Jellema, Parratt, Gibson, Stevenson, Elebert, Easton (McArthur 37), McLeod, McCarthy (Agnew 58), Wake, Neil, Winters. Subs Not Used: Rezgane, Coult, McEwan.

Ross County: Samson, Gary Irvine, Keddie, Dowie (Hooks 77), McKinlay, Gunn, Gardyn (Caimi 70), Adams, Crooks, Scott, Robertson. Subs Not Used: McCulloch, Moore, Malin.

Booked: Gunn, Caimi.

Att: 1,180

Ref: A Muir

I wonder what ever became of that Gardyn character?

I had the County-Motherwell game recorded so decided to rewatch it last night/today. Reckon County's left could cause us real problems when they work it into a 4 v 4 - all it takes is Stewart to come a bit narrow with Erwin or McKay occupying Hamilton and Reid will get past Smith easily.

The way our FBs track wingers can work well in certain games but they're often asked (or do it of their own accord) to go way too high which can leave space for either the winger to spin around or a striker to pull into, which is what County did a few times v Well (it led to their penalty too). Stewart, Erwin and Paton's rotation could really f**k us. 

While Reid looked good on the overlap and defending against the rotten (on the night) Hastie, Seedorf had him on toast 1 v 1, but that came about from Motherwell having a CM (usually Turnbull) causing confusion and we don't have a) a direct winger to take Reid on (Johnson might be), and b) midfielders or even one of our strikers who can play where Turnbull did due to our formation and the fact it's no one's natural game. 

If we can get Martin running at County's CMs with Smith or the LM drifting inside then, with Donaldson's propensity (based on the other night, anyway) to try and close down a player between the lines, space could open up for someone like Winter or Owolabi to bear down on goal. Stewart will track back which could cause Smith issues, but he got dragged away pretty easily by Grimshaw a few times on Monday, so hopefully Odoffin can do that tomorrow as Reid's defensive capability is still up in the air considering the gulf in quality he faced. Moyo could also get real joy if Donaldson gets taken out the game and we manage to shell in as many crosses as Motherwell did in the second half, although I'm not quite sure we'll be able to as said above. 

9 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

This. If anything I think it gives us a disadvantage because if we’re playing the so-called easier teams first then that means we have all the tougher teams in short proximity to each other.

The Ross County European Train sponsored by Global Energy is merely passing through Hamilton and crushing to a 7/8-0 win. Ross Stewart probably score them all etc.

I’d think a fast start from 6 games would lend to momentum as opposed to getting beatdowns from the OF before heading into other matches where losses could make things spiral.
Just my take 

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
28 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
That County team... some absolute horror shows in that side.  

Any idea who Caimi is supposed to be? I can't remember the name at all, so I'm assuming it's a typo.

Google Amick Ciani, i recognise the name but the players of that era are a bit of a blur to me. I'm sure someone will recall better than I do. 

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Google Amick Ciani, i recognise the name but the players of that era are a bit of a blur to me. I'm sure someone will recall better than I do. 

Amick Ciani I vaguely recognised - was also wondering who Caimi might have been. I think we won the Diddy Cup that year and young Crooks scored a winner in some way. Though he never played much for County.

I miss Shuggy Robertson from those days, and notice that the legendary Mark (not Marc - or was it Marc not Mark?) McCulloch was on the bench.

27 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Amick Ciani I vaguely recognised - was also wondering who Caimi might have been. I think we won the Diddy Cup that year and young Crooks scored a winner in some way. Though he never played much for County.

I miss Shuggy Robertson from those days, and notice that the legendary Mark (not Marc - or was it Marc not Mark?) McCulloch was on the bench.

Amick Ciani was the lad absolutely giving it the big licks the night we won the Challenge Cup, dancing around like a loon with it.

Ross County: Samson, Gary Irvine, Keddie, Dowie (Hooks 77), McKinlay, Gunn, Gardyn (Caimi 70), Adams, Crooks, Scott, Robertson. Subs Not Used: McCulloch, Moore, Malin.

^this team is the stuff of nightmares.

I’d think a fast start from 6 games would lend to momentum as opposed to getting beatdowns from the OF before heading into other matches where losses could make things spiral.
Just my take 

Yeah I can completely understand what you’re saying and I guess it is important to gather momentum at the start of the season. I’d personally rather get the tougher ones out the way to start with but as I say it probably does work both ways.

I’d like to see County start like this.

Laidlaw

Randall Donaldson Iacovitti Reid

Vigurs Paton Kelly

Mullin Mckay Stewart

Laidlaw looked excellent v M’well the other day. Came and collected everything and made one or two good reaction stops. No reason to drop him.

Randall showed a couple of decent glimpses but at times looked a bit of a headless chicken. However it was his first competitive game and has a good calibre so I believe he’ll come good. Coll and Iacovitti are young for a starting pairing so I would prefer if Morris started alongside Coll but i’m unsure if he’ll be fit or not. Coll has this tendency to follow his man right out of his position which could be a problem if Accies play two up top. Reid was excellent on Monday and again there’s no reason to drop him.

Controversial midfield but I feel it’s a game we can dominate the ball and whilst most people would have Paton in a bit more of an advanced role, I believe he has the tenacity and bite to play in that holding role and definitely has the ability to play a penetrating pass in behind from deep. Vigurs will look to dictate the tempo and Kelly seems like a very energetic player so the extra man in the middle could help us win the midfield battle.

Personally thought Erwin started alright on Monday but looked burst after about 30 mins. He’s absolutely not a winger though, so I think Mullin should definitely start wide right because there’s no doubt in my mind he’s our best winger. Mckay often looks isolated playing on his own up top but his experience against a young Accies centre back pairing could lead to a cheeky tap in. Hopefully we see the same Ross Stewart as we did on Monday and I’m confident he can create some chances.

Delighted I payed the £15 (FIFTEEN) for the stream tomorrow and I’m quietly confident of getting a result tomorrow, despite our poor record away at NDP.

(P.S. I am aware County are charging £15 for their PPV before I get abuse for that)

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Amick Ciani was the lad absolutely giving it the big licks the night we won the Challenge Cup, dancing around like a loon with it.

^this team is the stuff of nightmares.

Mercurial is, I believe the word. 

I have no recollection of Hooks.  

9 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Morton, I believe, signed the wrong one.  They announced in the boardroom they had signed Mark McCulloch, who was then County’s captain.  Their fans were giving it what for on here, thinking it was something of a coup.  Turned out they signed Marc McCulloch, the lower league jobber.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Mercurial is, I believe the word. 

I have no recollection of Hooks.  

My only memory of Hooks is a goal (a header, I think) vs Queen of the South during Scott Leitch's season in charge.

I remember us hanging on after Jimmy Scott got himself sent off for stamping on someone, the tit.