Accies vs County

It's Thursday so only a couple of days until this match and I hadn't noticed a match thread. 

Both teams to score would sound like a sensible bet to me. 

The Accies stream is £15, so I will probably end up paying it to watch this pish but it'll be better than trying to work out what's going on from ramblings on Radio Scotland. 

I'll predict a 1-2 away win, based on nothing but pure hope, McKay and Iacovitti to score. 

Going by this season's Predictor Thread this match is between the clubs most likely to occupy the bottom two placings, so relegation dog fight it is then!

You can select County commentary, so it'll be pleasing to spend ninety minutes or so without endless chat about either Celtic or Rangers in a game they aren't involved in, but £15 to watch a steam from New Douglas Park is mental.

Accies looked solid in the first half against Celtic and we also looked decent vs Motherwell, so I think both sides will score, possibly 2-2.

I'd like to see us stick to a similar system to the motherwell game with maybe one or two changes.

Laidlaw deserves to keep his place in the team as he was genuinely faultless and was great at coming for crosses.

Laidlaw

Randall  Donaldson Iacovitti  Reid

Vigurs    Paton

Gardyne

Mullin          Mckay            Stewart

Bit harsh on Tilson as he did a job but Gardyne's passing and ability to find space could be very useful in these games.

2-1 County, Stewart and Shaw off the bench to score.

That's one soft midfield, you need a Draper or Tillson in there to counteract the attacking setup. Paton is already your forward thinking player in that setup. If Morris isn't fit I'd be tempted to start with the same XI that started against Motherwell. It's not fair to compare him to Stewart, and I think he'd now be the inexplicable target for the boo-boys this year, but I thought Erwin had a good game. It would be nice to see Mullin get a run out though.

37 minutes ago, Spain said:

That's one soft midfield, you need a Draper or Tillson in there to counteract the attacking setup. Paton is already your forward thinking player in that setup. If Morris isn't fit I'd be tempted to start with the same XI that started against Motherwell. It's not fair to compare him to Stewart, and I think he'd now be the inexplicable target for the boo-boys this year, but I thought Erwin had a good game. It would be nice to see Mullin get a run out though.

Paton likes a tackle as well to be fair, Tilson probably deserves to keep his place, the problem with the front 3 against motherwell is that there's no real crosser of a ball in that 3. Mullin is one of the best crossers of a ball we have, Stewart up against right backs at the far post is a great outlet for us. Hopefully Charles-Cook has the right studs on this saturday if he comes on ahead of Mullin again!

It has to be Tilson or Draper in midfield away to Accies. Otherwise we'll sacrifice the midfield too easily and end up coughing up possession repeatedly. We've been done like that down there enough for me to want to avoid it if possible.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The mere sight of this fixture on the calendar will upset Ewen Murray and Tom English

And that Dundee guy who thinks the top flight should be made up of the teams with the biggest away supports, plus Dundee.

13 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

It's Thursday so only a couple of days until this match and I hadn't noticed a match 

Is your team still massive? I mean physically, height-wise?

Accies like to field a team of 5th year pupils and subbuteo players so it should make for an interesting (pundit cliche alarm) clash of styles.😉

Wow - a six pointer already and it’s only game 2 - predicting draw here - we are buying new young attacking players which is always great to see but we urgently need a new keeper to keep Fulton on his toes and we need above anything else an experienced centre half - unless we get them we could be in trouble - I think it will be one of these mad 3-3 draws

9 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Is your team still massive? I mean physically, height-wise?

Accies like to field a team of 5th year pupils and subbuteo players so it should make for an interesting (pundit cliche alarm) clash of styles.😉

Yeah, still pretty tall. 

We've binned our full backs Fraser and Kelly for Randall and Reid who aren't as tall but better players (hopefully) but still pretty tall. 

23 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

How important is a fast start for RC considering its first 5-6 games?

Seems like an opportunity to pile some points and threaten top-6, or be left fighting relegation the entire season with poor results?

Being at home to Motherwell, Killie, DU whilst away to hotly tipped relegation rivals Accies and St Mirren does give us the opportunity to either do well or not. Ultimately, everyone has to play everyone so not sure if it makes much of a difference tbh. 

Being at home to Motherwell, Killie, DU whilst away to hotly tipped relegation rivals Accies and St Mirren does give us the opportunity to either do well or not. Ultimately, everyone has to play everyone so not sure if it makes much of a difference tbh. 

This. If anything I think it gives us a disadvantage because if we’re playing the so-called easier teams first then that means we have all the tougher teams in short proximity to each other.

The Ross County European Train sponsored by Global Energy is merely passing through Hamilton and crushing to a 7/8-0 win. Ross Stewart probably score them all etc.