Thank you Mr Tom Johnson

ballermk

Happy retirement to Mr Johnson who has served the junior game in many roles over the decades. 

Never an easy job being being in the spotlight where its easy especially online to be shot down from those who are handy on a keyboard. 

In these troubling times where many things are more important than football i'm sure everyone will wish Mr Johnson a happy retirement from his duties as general secretary of the junior fa. 

Hopefully see tom out and about at junior games and non league games in the future enjoying the action as a punter. 

20200805_174146.jpg

17 minutes ago, ballermk said:

Happy retirement to Mr Johnson who has served the junior game in many roles over the decades. 

Never an easy job being being in the spotlight where its easy especially online to be shot down from those who are handy on a keyboard. 

In these troubling times where many things are more important than football i'm sure everyone will wish Mr Johnson a happy retirement from his duties as general secretary of the junior fa. 

Hopefully see tom out and about at junior games and non league games in the future enjoying the action as a punter. 

20200805_174146.jpg

Good to know that you aren't actually a Junior fan and just an outright troll.

Can't even get his name correct when its right in front of you.

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I hear it may become a part-time role.

I would of thought with the loss of the West Region leagues and some of the other rule changes would have dimished the role quite a bit.

It will mean a new face on the Non-Professional Game Board. Guessing from the East Region. At least they'll finally have someone that represents their particular interests whatever they actually are.

He continued for at least a few years too long. Although some of the criticism aimed at him would probably be better aimed at the clubs, he was clearly out of his depth in the events in recent years. I doubt he'll be replaced by another full-time employee, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Had a few run ins with him over the years but always found him to be very approachable and helpful even though we disagreed on lots of things like retention and reinstatement.

Maybe Burnieman will invite him to his street party to celebrate his retirement🥳

On 05/08/2020 at 22:33, ballermk said:

Good stuff some really nice remarks all over social media which is great to see. 

20200805_223202.jpg

Probably sitting with a nice pension courtesy of the clubs and associations aswell and if you believe he choose to go then your even more deluded than I thought 

9 hours ago, santheman said:

Had a few run ins with him over the years but always found him to be very approachable and helpful even though we disagreed on lots of things like retention and reinstatement.

Maybe Burnieman will invite him to his street party to celebrate his retirement🥳

Is the street party next May by any chance?

On 05/08/2020 at 22:33, ballermk said:

Good stuff some really nice remarks all over social media which is great to see. 

20200805_223202.jpg

Hopefully you've learnt enough respect for the man by now to go back to the title of your thread and spell his name correctly.