East Region Juniors

ballermk

Saw this in a group chat today. It’s attributed to John Reilly, but I’ve no idea where it was originally posted. I can’t see it on the ERSJFA site: 

Representatives of the the SJFA and ERSJFA met with members of the Highland league to discuss our Tayside Clubs (Midlands League) 
entering the SFA pyramid at tier 6. The meeting was constructive and extremely positive. 

Our next stage is to engage with all parties (Highland league, North Caledonian and NRSJFA)to discuss this further.

We have also requested a meeting with the Lowland League Board to also discuss the same proposal. We await a date from them.

The PWG has been reconvened by the SFA and a meeting will be arranged for either 29 March. or 2 April 2021

Once we have all the information a meeting will be arranged with Tayside Clubs to discuss all proposals.

As always we will keep you updated.

John Reilly
ERSJFA

Edited by Junior_Arab

2 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Saw this in a group chat today. No idea of the original source though:

Representatives of the the SJFA and ERSJFA met with members of the Highland league to discuss our Tayside Clubs (Midlands League) 
entering the SFA pyramid at tier 6. The meeting was constructive and extremely positive. 

Our next stage is to engage with all parties (Highland league, North Caledonian and NRSJFA)to discuss this further.

We have also requested a meeting with the Lowland League Board to also discuss the same proposal. We await a date from them.

The PWG has been reconvened by the SFA and a meeting will be arranged for either 29 March. or 2 April 2021

Once we have all the information a meeting will be arranged with Tayside Clubs to discuss all proposals.

John Reilly
ERSJFA

Great news if true.

39 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Saw this in a group chat today. It’s attributed to John Reilly, but I’ve no idea where it was originally posted. I can’t see it on the ERSJFA site: 

John Reilly
ERSJFA

Really positive if true.

I imagine getting to skip ahead of 30 teams in the EoSFL is a non starter so hopefully a tie up with HL can be achieved.

53 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

John Reilly
ERSJFA

I knew there were talks ongoing, great to hear that some more information has been released. Hopefully this will indeed happen and we can finally move on here in Tayside.

44 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Interested to hear that there's a proposed new junior team, Dundee St James, to be playing out of Fairfield Park, former home of St Josephs. 

I've heard those rumours too, they'd be a welcome addition i'd imagine.

Think the main change in Dundee regarding amateurs is the "rebranding" of Downfield by Kirkton Ams.   Peter Marr and everyone out of Downfield ?  

Also I heard Fintry Ams (I think) were trying to get to share Downfield park.

Edited by superbigal

This is an interesting tweet from the ERSJFA:

Is it preparatory groundwork to map the clubs that will participate in the proposed Midland League? Or is it the ERSJFA undertaking a rebranding exercise for their remaining clubs?

Edited by Pyramidic

Heard Fintry were going to be Dundee St James and playing at Fairfield.

Think the main change in Dundee regarding amateurs is the "rebranding" of Downfield by Kirkton Ams.   Peter Marr and everyone out of Downfield ?  

Also I heard Fintry Ams (I think) were trying to get to share Downfield park.