East Region Juniors

ballermk

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

Did you see on their FB page that they as good as declared they are intending on moving to seniors?

This bit?

Jamie Sandilands to Whitburn Junior FC

Next up in the management team is someone one or two of you may recognise. He's such a quiet guy you may not have noticed him around the place 🤓 He assures me he is the best kitman in the world and who am I to argue with the legend that is Robert Haddow. So much more than a kitman to me and everyone else involved at the club although we could fall out over one of his answers 🤣

How long have you been involved on committee at Whitburn?
12 years

Who has been your favourite player in that time?
Dougie Horne

What is your most memorable goal whilst watching Whitburn?
Reece Duncan's last minute winner up at Kennoway Star

If you could go back and watch one game over again what game would it be?
Scottish Cup Final

Strangest thing you have seen in the juniors?
Roof coming off the changing rooms while Ann and I were in it

Covid has been the biggest challenge this year But how has it affected your role and duties within the club?
Big time...Not being able to get everything ready for the players in the changing rooms as it has been horrendous having to do it outside.

How adaptable have you found the squad in these strangest of times?
They players have adapted well under the circumstances

What are your hopes for the rest of the season?
Hoping to get back up and playing sooner rather than later.

Highlights of this season so far?
Getting most of last seasons players signed up

What’s your long term ambition for Whitburn?
To play in the senior league

Do you have message to the players?
Keep active but stay safe

Do you have a message to the support ?
I know it has been hard this year but hopefully will see you back at Central Park this year

This on Twitter:

twitter.com/bathgatethistle/status/1362516417262874624

The management team have already been busy getting things in shape for the 21/22 season! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements in the coming days..

GIF

I've been informed by a good source and had it confirmed by another couple of people whom Ii contacted after my initial chat.  There are 3 teams from the EOS junior league applying to join the WOS, one team from the EOS are only applying to the WOS and wont apply to the EOSFL and the other two are applying to both but both preference is the WOSFL if the WOSFL accept them

How do the clubs applying to the west feel about the idea of never playing some of their West Lothian rivals in the league again? Genuinely curious. What's the logic in moving west? Travel? Refusal to join the EoS after having held out for so long?

Could we see some clubs jumping back and forth between the EoS and WoS now? Pity that things might remain complicated after the West Lothian clubs turn senior.

22 minutes ago, stanley said:

How do the clubs applying to the west feel about the idea of never playing some of their West Lothian rivals in the league again? Genuinely curious. What's the logic in moving west? Travel? Refusal to join the EoS after having held out for so long?

Could we see some clubs jumping back and forth between the EoS and WoS now? Pity that things might remain complicated after the West Lothian clubs turn senior.

I was told its its easier travel in the WOSFL if its put into district conferences

But to be honest I think personally that it should go by boundaries and no other way. if a team play in the West then they need to go to the WOSFL and the same for teams that are in the East boundaries, they should join the EOSFL

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I was told its its easier travel in the WOSFL if its put into district conferences

But to be honest I think personally that it should go by boundaries and no other way. if a team play in the West then they need to go to the WOSFL and the same for teams that are in the East boundaries, they should join the EOSFL

54 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I've been informed by a good source and had it confirmed by another couple of people whom Ii contacted after my initial chat.  There are 3 teams from the EOS junior league applying to join the WOS, one team from the EOS are only applying to the WOS and wont apply to the EOSFL and the other two are applying to both but both preference is the WOSFL if the WOSFL accept them

Guessing the only applying to the West applicant will be Harthill. In which case in the junior/senior reshuffle its a case of Dunipace and them trading places. 

11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

From what we've heard elsewhere probably Armadale WoS only at this point (still plenty of time to also put an EoS one in) and definitely Whitburn from their Facebook & probably Harthill hedging with two applications would be the most likely fit for that info.

If the deadline on applications isn't until March 31st, others like Bathgate Thistle (unspecified announcements coming soon apparently), Fauldhouse United, Stoneyburn and West Calder could easily wait to see what happens at the WoS general meeting on March 1st before making a decision.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 hours ago, stanley said:

They dont care Stanley.....

A lot of this is still driven by bitterness.

They are still raging at those around them that took the leap and moved on,ruining the "grade".

One of the Whitburn committee men has just posted something to back up what I've just said...

I am delighted that we're going senior and feel the EoS would be best suited for us but that decision will lie with the committee or the WoS/EoS..

16 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

One of the Whitburn committee men has just posted something to back up what I've just said...

Guessing this might be it?

image.png.999e94c083355981ee9dcfef8d1b7bc7.png

I find it a bit farcical that some of those remaining East Juniors on the South side are considered big teams, only for them to complain about travel. The vast majority of the Borders teams will be rooted to the bottom tier of the EoSFL. At which point it's mainly South Fife to the just East of Edinburgh you have to worry about in the upper tiers with a few exceptions. If they played to their reputation they'd only have to deal with a nice away day in a cup to the Borders every once in a while.

I can only imagine they're panicking about Tayside getting in.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I find it a bit farcical that some of those remaining East Juniors on the South side are considered big teams, only for them to complain about travel. The vast majority of the Borders teams will be rooted to the bottom tier of the EoSFL. At which point it's mainly South Fife to the just East of Edinburgh you have to worry about in the upper tiers with a few exceptions. If they played to their reputation they'd only have to deal with a nice away day in a cup to the Borders every once in a while.

Yeah that's it FWF.....

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What a terrible post to make publicly (the Whitburn committee one). He wants them to move to the west despite their history being in the east leagues purely because he's bitter about east clubs having moved to the EoS?

How does he feel about the West Juniors having moved to a senior league?