FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

6 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

🤣🤣

I'm playing a baws oot 4312 . Full backs set to balanced and overlap. Middle cm set to stay back, cover centre, the other two cms set to get into box and cover wings. Cam is on stay forward.

Screenshot_20210313-225816_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-225824_Companion.jpg

It’s cool just had a 5-0 rage quit after 41 mins. I’m calm. 🙌😂

But cheers. 🤪

3 hours ago, robosaintee said:

🤣🤣

I'm playing a baws oot 4312 . Full backs set to balanced and overlap. Middle cm set to stay back, cover centre, the other two cms set to get into box and cover wings. Cam is on stay forward.

Screenshot_20210313-225816_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-225824_Companion.jpg

Someone’s been watching Harry Hesketh’s custom tactics videos... 😂

Aye this weekend has been worse than usual. So far I've had rigged games for and against me but to the degree that neither are enjoyable. Had 10 wins and 2 losses, but knew it would end with straight defeats and so far I'm at 7 in a row. Just need to accept it and move on.

Pretty close to deleting this.
What's the point packing big players when it makes zero difference?
The gameplay is honking again this weekend with every single player feeling like a truck on skates.
How can a game be worse months after it released than it was to begin with?

Stopped at Gold 3 as I couldn't be bothered playing on just for another rubbish red pick. Happy with that finish though using my Scotland team, with Rooney as a super-sub obviously (wouldn't bring him on until 45-60 minutes in).

Larsson was great, more fun than Dalglish. Just missing out on the top stats were Armstrong & McTominay with 6 goals and 6 assists each.

First time using the tracking app too which added some interest. I don't consider myself a possession based player but I had more possession than my opponent in 19/22 games (and 50-50 in one of the others) so I guess I must be. Just need to learn to use it better.

ETA: Zola from the Prime Upgrade SBC.

FUT Track Progress 2021-03-14T184949+0000.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

On 13/03/2021 at 10:20, mrpaddyx said:

The best goalie I had this year was De Gea, who would make some ridiculous saves. However I packed TOTY Davies and had to rework my defence to get him into the team and ended up putting in Moments Boateng and gold Neuer. He seems to do ok for me but what I have noticed is if there is an unsaveable shot his animation is a sort of flapping motion which make it looks like he could  have potentially saved it. I've thought about upgrading to the TOTY version but its 400k and I just don't think a goalie is worth that in this game.

After all the talk about goalies I thought f**k it and went and bought TOTY Neuer (440k). After playing 9 WL games with him I can say he is definately the best keeper that I've use this version of Fifa, possibly ever. It's a huge upgrade on his gold. The best feature is his speed being that bit faster means he can rush attackers and stop otherwise easy goals for the other team.

Over the past 2 weeks I've went from middle of division 4 to cusp of being relegated to division 6. Dunno what's wrong, just cannot seem play, or get any luck.

Played 4 games in rivals tonight (3 defeats), one of which I hit the post with two pens, and with 2 further shots and just generally couldn't seem to get a break. Lost with over 70% possession and they scored with all 2 of their shots.

Naturally I'm having a heads gone at this and my wife asks why I bother playing a game that gets me so worked up. I don't really have an answer.

Does anyone else feel like they're getting worse or is it just me being humpty?

Gonna have to call it a day at 8/1. All 8 wins were rage quits! Too tired to play on as my son was up three times in the night and I expect it won't be any different tonight.

Wish you could space out your 30 games over the week as I'm never going to get 30 games in over 3 days.

5 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Stopped at Gold 3 as I couldn't be bothered playing on just for another rubbish red pick. Happy with that finish though using my Scotland team, with Rooney as a super-sub obviously (wouldn't bring him on until 45-60 minutes in).

Larsson was great, more fun than Dalglish. Just missing out on the top stats were Armstrong & McTominay with 6 goals and 6 assists each.

First time using the tracking app too which added some interest. I don't consider myself a possession based player but I had more possession than my opponent in 19/22 games (and 50-50 in one of the others) so I guess I must be. Just need to learn to use it better.

ETA: Zola from the Prime Upgrade SBC.

FUT Track Progress 2021-03-14T184949+0000.png

175 goals in 22 games is realistic AF...

Made it to 16 wins with 2 games to spare. I was 14 and 6 incredibly. But I couldn’t be arsed and chucked a couple of games as I wanted to get to 16 as quick as possible. Strasbourg 81 rated RWB the pick as well. Cheers EA. Zahavi after 10 was better. 

Smalling is fucking shite. That is all.

I finished 11-12 with EA's quality match making in full flow. Almost every game I played was decided by more than 3 goals either way. The last couple of games in particular were mismatches as I won 7-0 and 8-2. Just what you need at 3 in the morning with people refusing to rage quit!!!

First weekend league in a while for me as I needed 4 wins for the Swaps token. Ended 17-13, rage quit in the last game when I went 1-0 up. 

Instead of being buzzing I made it to G2 (which I've done a couple times before, never higher), I just felt... empty. I spent basically my whole weekend playing FIFA, and didn't really enjoy it at all, despite King Kenny banging in 46 goals. 

Definitely taking a break from it, you get nothing back from it and it just makes me frustrated when I look back at my weekend and I've sat on my arse for most of it playing fucking FIFA.

Completed Cucurella in SB when I had players suspended. (Always Boateng 😄)

2 bonus red picks were the 83 RWB from Hoffenheim at 10 wins, and 86 Zahavi at 16. Did a premium 86+ upgrade and was offered 2x 86 and an 87. Took 86 Reus, as he looks fun. 

Seems they handed out free packs including numerous 125k packs and icon packs to people tonight for unknown reasons.

Obviously I've got f**k all so I would love to know the criteria because I've played a shit tonne of this game, spent a bit of money and opened just about every type of pack/SBC there's been.

6 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Seems they handed out free packs including numerous 125k packs and icon packs to people tonight for unknown reasons.

Obviously I've got f**k all so I would love to know the criteria because I've played a shit tonne of this game, spent a bit of money and opened just about every type of pack/SBC there's been.

Yeah nothing here either. 😭

I'm very tempted with the Prime Icon Pack. I've been reluctant to do one before, but I'm getting to the point in the game where I have all these objective cards etc. that I'll never use, and even some high rated untradeable  IFs that have been made redundant (86 Joao Cancelo replaced by What If Ricardo Pereira). I can do the 86 squad by buying a Diego Godin for 21k, taking a huge chunk of the 650k price off.

Anyone done it? Worth the risk?

Edit: Looking at the rest of the squads, I can do the 85 for nothing. Means Id be spending  less than 100k on a prime Icon after using the various 83s and 84s I'd have left, and the cheapest is Inzaghi at 146k.

Edited by deej

56 minutes ago, deej said:

I'm very tempted with the Prime Icon Pack. I've been reluctant to do one before, but I'm getting to the point in the game where I have all these objective cards etc. that I'll never use, and even some high rated untradeable  IFs that have been made redundant (86 Joao Cancelo replaced by What If Ricardo Pereira). I can do the 86 squad by buying a Diego Godin for 21k, taking a huge chunk of the 650k price off.

Anyone done it? Worth the risk?

Edit: Looking at the rest of the squads, I can do the 85 for nothing. Means Id be spending  less than 100k on a prime Icon after using the various 83s and 84s I'd have left, and the cheapest is Inzaghi at 146k.

Yes I should be working. No I'm not.

image.png.87d1f7f60935a885ca92d933975d98cc.png

Using these players I can get a Prime icon for approx 75k. Not bad I reckon, even if it is Inzaghi. I always hang on to cards "just in case" and folk like SIF Milinkovic Savic look class, but I'll never use him. Likewise the What If Caputo, decent enough but won't fit in my team.

As I type that, I realised Caputos team have hit the 6 goals required, so I'll wait a couple days for him to upgrade to 89,  making it even cheaper

It's hard to say whether it's worth it or not as you can obviously get a lot of shite still.

What I will say is that from some of the content creators I've watched open these, I've seen more good than bad for a change.

I'm always tempted but I'm resisting the urge and holding onto all my fodder in the hope that there will eventually be some sort of POTM Messi, Neymar or Mbappe that I'd be able to do. I know there's a POTM Messi at the minute but I don't think 20 days remaining gives me sufficient time to do that unless I have incredible luck with rewards this week and next. 

Same boat as you in terms of having players that I've always held on to (and used previously) but don't get near my team now that I'd be willing to get rid of.

At right back alone, I have Klaiber, Tavernier, RTTF Cancelo and RTTF Bruno Peres  all untradeable... obviously I can't play them all! Even guys like POTM João Felix, freeze Auouar and stuff I haven't used for a long time.

I'm in a fortunate position where there's not many prime icons that actually improve my team enough for me to take the gamble otherwise I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation.