FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

They pretty much had to given the things people would be saying about them.  End of the day, they've pretty much been stolen from, and are the injured party in this.  They've worked very hard at making sure these cards are utterly unattainable, and now someone's pocketing cash for them.  They'll be furious.

Yet why have they worked very hard making them unattainable? Why is that in their interest? What’s the point in even making icon moments like R9 and cruyff if like literally 0.1% of your average Joe can play with them? It’s shocking. They claimed that icons this year would be more accessible than ever. But instead it’s complete chance with picks and packs. The icons they put in for icon swaps are ridiculous pish, and the icon SBCs have largely been unfavourable (although Prime Roberto Carlos and moments Nedved are great) it’s just stupid and EA have created this all by themselves. Of course the person who’s been selling them is of course guilty in this situation and should be rightly punished, but the whole thing is a joke, especially people who have spent a lot of money on Fifa points, when they could just pay some guy at EA for the players they want instead. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Yet why have they worked very hard making them unattainable? Why is that in their interest? What’s the point in even making icon moments like R9 and cruyff if like literally 0.1% of your average Joe can play with them? It’s shocking. They claimed that icons this year would be more accessible than ever. But instead it’s complete chance with picks and packs. The icons they put in for icon swaps are ridiculous pish, and the icon SBCs have largely been unfavourable (although Prime Roberto Carlos and moments Nedved are great) it’s just stupid and EA have created this all by themselves. Of course the person who’s been selling them is of course guilty in this situation and should be rightly punished, but the whole thing is a joke, especially people who have spent a lot of money on Fifa points, when they could just pay some guy at EA for the players they want instead. 

Because once they've got them, they've got them.  And for a lot of people, they'll keep trying until they do. 

In terms of the "icons more accessible" part, they said that back at the start of 20, but they were deliberately vague about it.  In general  terms, icons are more accessible.  The previous year every icon, even the utterly shite ones, were ridiculously expensive because they were needed in SBCs.  So they said that wouldn't be the case anymore, and then brought in Swaps.  The vast majority of icons were then more accessible to the average player, albeit the ones people wanted were slightly rarer. I'd say that was a really good change.

Of course, they then took all that decent work they did last year, threw it away, laughed, and then thought how they could be complete arseholes.  They've gone backwards in pretty much every sense, other than their own engagement and financial numbers.

I pulled Oblak, Hazard, Kroos, Handanovic, Dybala, IF Jordi Alaba and verratti today! Only opened my rewards and did about two sbcs!

Completed the mls milestone thing over the course of this week and it was genuinely really fun. Three fun cards back too!

Might do Schmeichel. I bought Oblak RTTF after they got beat in the first leg so could sell him for 20k profit just now. 

Looking for some quick advice. I have 90 Neur at the moment playing 100% chemistry and he's not very good, rarely influences games and even more rare for him to save the first shot on target in any game. I has Terstegan before and he was the same

I suspect all goalies are poor so is it worth upgrading to 96 Neur or is this wasting money as the game does not really value keepers?

Does anyone have a top keeper who is worth it?

18 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

Looking for some quick advice. I have 90 Neur at the moment playing 100% chemistry and he's not very good, rarely influences games and even more rare for him to save the first shot on target in any game. I has Terstegan before and he was the same

I suspect all goalies are poor so is it worth upgrading to 96 Neur or is this wasting money as the game does not really value keepers?

I’d say no. I’ve used 82 Areola the last couple of weeks and I’d say I actually preferred him to Alisson who I had earlier on. I used 83 Aitor one weekend and still finished on my usual 14 wins I’m sure. 

With me getting Smalling in the guaranteed What IF SBC, red pope will make his champs debut this weekend. So I’ll let you know how he fairs. Haha.

Did the Party bag earlier and got RTTF perisic worth 20k 🤪

CB41EEFA-BF17-4679-8C04-7B926F0D2DB9.png

45 minutes ago, Tubbs said:

I have both TOTY Neuer and future stars Lunin. There are times where Neuer has been superb and made some truly ridiculous saves and there are times where he’s non-existent. It’s been a mixed bag, so I’ve just started using Lunin to see if it’s worth me just punting Neuer.

There’s obviously the pack pulled team of the year hoodoo which makes you not want to sell, but I’d say coins are best saved when it comes to keepers and you’re better putting your coins into the rest of your team.

RTTF Promes out of the party bag. Would have been superb if he hadn’t fucked off back to Shaktar to avoid the jail.

Edited by Sauzee#4

2 hours ago, Tubbs said:

I've found goalies both for and against to be utterly useless against power shots from certain angles.

The better goalies will save shots for fun from all other areas. Not worth dropping that amount of coin IMO

9 hours ago, Tubbs said:

Can't speak for this year mate, but essentially goalies are coded in a certain way, and some shots are simply impossible for them to be stopped. 

Only real differences I've ever notice has been height, long throw trait, and two footedness. 

Apparently comes for crosses was good last year too.

You only need to look at the squads of the better players (ones that aren't completely saturated with icons) and many of them will still have a gold of totw keeper in there.

Ps I didn't know you were still active on the forum. I mind years ago when I first got into fifa you used to tear me a new arsehole regularly 😂 

Edited by madwullie

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

I’d say no. I’ve used 82 Areola the last couple of weeks and I’d say I actually preferred him to Alisson who I had earlier on. I used 83 Aitor one weekend and still finished on my usual 14 wins I’m sure. 

With me getting Smalling in the guaranteed What IF SBC, red pope will make his champs debut this weekend. So I’ll let you know how he fairs. Haha.

Did the Party bag earlier and got RTTF perisic worth 20k 🤪

CB41EEFA-BF17-4679-8C04-7B926F0D2DB9.png

How you finding Nedved? 

I'm tempted to do him, but would mean replacing Neymar, who I do like, but is one of two players I could sell.

10 hours ago, Tubbs said:

The best goalie I had this year was De Gea, who would make some ridiculous saves. However I packed TOTY Davies and had to rework my defence to get him into the team and ended up putting in Moments Boateng and gold Neuer. He seems to do ok for me but what I have noticed is if there is an unsaveable shot his animation is a sort of flapping motion which make it looks like he could  have potentially saved it. I've thought about upgrading to the TOTY version but its 400k and I just don't think a goalie is worth that in this game.

2 hours ago, Beans on Toast said:

How you finding Nedved? 

I'm tempted to do him, but would mean replacing Neymar, who I do like, but is one of two players I could sell.

That was weekend league only. Solid return. His dribbling inside the box is brilliant. His runs are great as well. I’ve not used Neymar in Fifa 21 but he was brilliant in Fifa 20 for me. I’m not one for just spending hundreds of thousands on a player, I prefer to let EA decide who I get and build a team from that. Haha. 

BF651708-14AB-4529-A74E-45E80F23CC11.png

26 minutes ago, Wardy said:

That was weekend league only. Solid return. His dribbling inside the box is brilliant. His runs are great as well. I’ve not used Neymar in Fifa 21 but he was brilliant in Fifa 20 for me. I’m not one for just spending hundreds of thousands on a player, I prefer to let EA decide who I get and build a team from that. Haha. 

BF651708-14AB-4529-A74E-45E80F23CC11.png

Thanks. I bought Neymar out of frustration initially but I've noticed that no matter who I have in my team I'm always around the same level.

So thinking of making my team all first owners just for the fun of it. Might be sad but I do enjoy building the team and working out how to get players in. An icon obviously helps that, and Neymar is one of two I could replace to achieve that.

Got lucky with the party bag and pulled RTTF Sissoko, currently worth 950k according to Futbin and should be due another upgrade to 87. Fingers crossed What If Reguilon also gets one.

Used my icon swaps tokens on the 83+ pack and 20/25 were rated 83 or 84. However it gave me enough fodder to complete Rui Costa, who I started completing when he was released after a few drinks forgetting Deco was available in swaps... Still looks like a good card though. Bought Freeze Verrati for the chemistry, will play 4312 in game with Costa behind Mbappe and Robben. 

Screenshot_20210313_125355_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

Pretty close to deleting this.

What's the point packing big players when it makes zero difference?

The gameplay is honking again this weekend with every single player feeling like a truck on skates.

How can a game be worse months after it released than it was to begin with?

1 minute ago, robosaintee said:

I'm 5/0 with 5 rage quits so far. Absolute liquid football. Cruff at Cam is unreal.

I think we’re all needing your tactics and instructions man. f**k sake. I’m 2/2 and can’t get a break. 😂

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I think we’re all needing your tactics and instructions man. f**k sake. I’m 2/2 and can’t get a break. 😂

🤣🤣

I'm playing a baws oot 4312 . Full backs set to balanced and overlap. Middle cm set to stay back, cover centre, the other two cms set to get into box and cover wings. Cam is on stay forward.

Screenshot_20210313-225816_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20210313-225824_Companion.jpg