Jump to content
mrpaddyx

FIFA 21

Recommended Posts

Placement game done w2 l4 put in division 5 which worried me as I never got above 8 last year, first game 6 1 up the other player quits with 20 minutes to go. Am I decent this year or being lulled into a false sense of security?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thomas said:

Placement game done w2 l4 put in division 5 which worried me as I never got above 8 last year, first game 6 1 up the other player quits with 20 minutes to go. Am I decent this year or being lulled into a false sense of security?

There definitely does seem to be some weird shit going on with placements.  I got put down in 8 after (I think) 1 win and 4 losses.  First week or so, I was doing the usual win one, lose one, and felt like I was just about at my level.  Since full release though I've gone on quite a run.  Jumped up about 250 in terms of rating and knocking on the door of Division 5.  Think I only ever managed to scrape the bottom of division 6 last year and spent most of my time in 8 or 9.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won 4 of my placement games so found myself in D3. Got pumped endlessly until relegation into D4 where I’m just about winning one losing two at the moment. Think I’m realistically a D5 player...

built a decent team through the SBCs and a bit of luck (no big hitters but sold a few 30k players etc). IMG_4293.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off work today and tomorrow and managed to sit down and get a few games in for the first time since I finished the trial last week.

Gone for a Bundesliga team for the first time. Really enjoying it. Midfield is great and the wee striker is lethal!

Screenshot_20201013-004151_Companion.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Off work today and tomorrow and managed to sit down and get a few games in for the first time since I finished the trial last week.

Gone for a Bundesliga team for the first time. Really enjoying it. Midfield is great and the wee striker is lethal!

Screenshot_20201013-004151_Companion.jpg

Is that striker worth going for? I play 2 up and his pace could be good for my striker I use the get in behind tactic on, just seems to to be a great reward for an 82 squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Yedder inform price is creeping up nicely. 

Bought one at £515k and two at £520k. Futbin currently has the card valued at £596k.

So I could sell at the moment for £233k profit less the tax. 

Hopefully it gets up the the £650k mark come Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of buying the ultimate edition or whatever, I bought the standard edition and then bought 30odd quid worth of points to spend straight away instead of getting the two packs a week or whatever you get with the ultimate edition. It's worked out well. Didn't pack any of the mega stars but I've packed a few 40k+ players.

I've also done a bit of trading, somehow sold the Totw Suarez I mentioned earlier in the thread for a small profit despite his price going wayyyy down. Lazy bidders probably.

I'm going to take coins as rewards first few weeks and try some OTW trading as it seems like it could be pretty effective. I've made 10k+ profit per card on several Nathan Ake cards already.

Screenshot_20201013-130657.thumb.jpg.2270713b86046bc6b64f8ef06b2b159c.jpg

Screenshot_20201013-130702.thumb.jpg.e5831e1fb70287663d0b9c2b244c92b9.jpg

Edited by #Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thomas said:

Is that striker worth going for? I play 2 up and his pace could be good for my striker I use the get in behind tactic on, just seems to to be a great reward for an 82 squad.

He's scored more than a goal a game for me! He will do for me until I can afford Haaland or Lewandowski cos there seems to be no middle ground in Bundesliga strikers! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

He's scored more than a goal a game for me! He will do for me until I can afford Haaland or Lewandowski cos there seems to be no middle ground in Bundesliga strikers! 

 

It is only his pace that is tempting me, I can afford Haaland but never spent that on a player so early in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thomas said:

It is only his pace that is tempting me, I can afford Haaland but never spent that on a player so early in the game.

Still might be worth taking him for first owner objectives if you're loaded anyway! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to add to the comments about that Hwang Hee Chan card,  its really really good. I'm using him as an impact sub and he just rips teams apart late in the game. He reminds me a bit of the Vardy POTM card that came out on Fifa 20 that was cheap but very effective for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get involved with the ultimate team but instead play the classic online leagues. Is anyone else really annoyed that celebrations/repays can be cancelled by the opponent? Makes sipping your drink much harder, but more importantly it removes an edge to the game (nothing better than scoring a late winner against a replay/cele merchant and making them taste their own medicine!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I don’t get involved with the ultimate team but instead play the classic online leagues. Is anyone else really annoyed that celebrations/repays can be cancelled by the opponent? Makes sipping your drink much harder, but more importantly it removes an edge to the game (nothing better than scoring a late winner against a replay/cele merchant and making them taste their own medicine!). 

I think it’s something that has greatly improved the game this year. The toxic combination of shush, extended celebration then full replay of the goal was epidemic last year and ruined many games. It wasn’t just last minute winners but there were players doing it for every single goal regardless of how the game was going for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Still might be worth taking him for first owner objectives if you're loaded anyway! 

I'll take a punt on him. I got a bit lucky with packing Jesus and Greizmann netting me around 160k for the two which has bumped my coins up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I think it’s something that has greatly improved the game this year. The toxic combination of shush, extended celebration then full replay of the goal was epidemic last year and ruined many games. It wasn’t just last minute winners but there were players doing it for every single goal regardless of how the game was going for them. 

That’s fair enough mate. It didn’t really bother me (and it usually stopped when they were getting beat, which made it sweet) and I did like the wee breaks to compose/change song etc. It will be interesting to see if it comes back (in an update or next year). Maybe a half way house of celebrations but cancellable replays would be ideal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

The toxic combination of shush, extended celebration then full replay of the goal was epidemic last year and ruined many games. 

Precisely why I stopped playing online (not last year but about 4 years ago), just seemed like a breeding ground for cheats and trolls.

Anyway, I bought this and for anyone interested, they've added quite a bit to the Career mode. The training development is much better as you can train your whole squad with set development plans. You can tell they've taken a leaf from Football Manager too with retraining players positions or developing them into a certain type of player (such as Deep Lying Playmaker). Only thing I'll say is it's a bit of a pain in the arse having to manually sim the training sessions every 2 days - it only takes about 5 seconds but it's still annoying as it's so often. Press conferences are more prevalent but you can skip most of them. Objectives seem to be much the same, although I've started a career with Karlsruher and they weirdly want me to spend absolutely every penny they've given me before the season ends. Really enjoying the gameplay this year too.

Briefly had a gander at Ultimate Team, spent 10 minutes opening my welcome packs and trying to sort a team out then gave up. I don't have the patience/determination to see that shit through, even reading the challenges like "score in 5 games with a Portuguese player" just puts me off. Who can be arsed playing say 5-10 games just to achieve that? How do you c***s end up with 80+ players from the get go? I don't think I've ever had a pack give me someone I could sell and build a team on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...