FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Playing the one league for the icon swaps and just had a game there (the second time this has happened) and it’s a full EPL team. Both times the guy scored and I just quit. Far too good. So we’ve got people purposely trolling with teams that aren’t even required for icon tokens and playing against folk who are clearly trying to get them done as quickly as possible. The community is just on its arse if that’s the case. Pathetic. 

I had a similiar thing last season with the one nation task. The teams either had to be fully Brazilian or English to get the Icon Swap so my opponent naturally had an all French team. However he wasn't very good and I beat him 3-0 or something like that. I suspect he was either confused as to the point of the mode or just really enjoyed online friendlies.

Edited by mrpaddyx

12 hours ago, Wardy said:

Playing the one league for the icon swaps and just had a game there (the second time this has happened) and it’s a full EPL team. Both times the guy scored and I just quit. Far too good. So we’ve got people purposely trolling with teams that aren’t even required for icon tokens and playing against folk who are clearly trying to get them done as quickly as possible. The community is just on its arse if that’s the case. Pathetic. 

Played a game yesterday and went 1 up right away game continues with him scoring twice in quick succession to which he pauses looking for me to quit, to be fair he was a better player than me but at 6-1 i'm not quitting and manage to bring it back to 6-6 then with seconds to go i get Messi through 1 on 1 and the rage quit comes as the ball crosses the line, was panicking it wouldn't give me it but I got the very satisfying win.

Finished the Caputo last night. Think a lot of people were in the same boat as me where I just had to score with Italians and as soon as they did put the controller down! 4 separate games where the opponent put the controller down after they scored. Would rather just play the game out, surely more fun?

Mental how easy it was compared to the future starts academy objectives. Not going near them!

Will start on the UCL icon swap tonight but will do one game every time I'm on cos I really can't be fucked with squad battles.

56 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This week's Gold objectives are just annoying.

Depending on how many you've done/how much you want to get to level 30, they're definitely not necessary. But I know most people on this game have an irrational need to complete all objectives 😄

15 hours ago, Wardy said:

I can see why you can jump to this conclusion and I'd have previously done the same. 

However, of all the leagues Prem is probably my strongest full team. I am also close to 300 live fut friendlies wins which would get me 2 good packs from milestone objectives, so I thought I might as well do it now while there's lots of people doing golden goal as it's going to be my quickest way to those packs.

3 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I can see why you can jump to this conclusion and I'd have previously done the same. 

However, of all the leagues Prem is probably my strongest full team. I am also close to 300 live fut friendlies wins which would get me 2 good packs from milestone objectives, so I thought I might as well do it now while there's lots of people doing golden goal as it's going to be my quickest way to those packs.

Ah that must be it then.  It’s the same with silver stars now as well actually. People just have like 7 of the TOTW silvers in their starting 11 regardless of Chem to get the silver milestones done a bit quicker, which I suppose is fair enough.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Ah that must be it then.  It’s the same with silver stars now as well actually. People just have like 7 of the TOTW silvers in their starting 11 regardless of Chem to get the silver milestones done a bit quicker, which I suppose is fair enough.

Get yourself a couple of Ligue 1 CBs and you can have the best of both worlds.

Screenshot_20210303_154210_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

Enjoyed the Caputo game mode, nice to play some wildly varying teams and I swear bronze goalkeepers are better than Alisson or Pope. 

Also blasted the three league icon swaps out yesterday which was more of a drag. Ligue 1 particularly where I don't have many good players in my club, but loan Mbappe was so good for me I decided to get the real thing. So now my main team looks like this. 4231 in game, Marquinhos CB, Koeman & Keane CDM, Fer CAM. Don't really want Deco but will probably take him so I can sell Keane and put Fer to CDM where his stats suggest he'll be impressive.

Screenshot_20210303_154550_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

13 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

TOTW has been bad all season but this weeks looks notably terrible, I don't think a single player, apart from maybe Lewandowski, would even get in my squad, let along the first team.

I think I’ve proved my own point! 

6ADA1224-91AB-4287-9B7E-92C24D04AF15.jpeg

Canny complain with Godin for the rating. The Japanese dude was the highest rating in the other pick. 

My luck with 5k packs was unreal yesterday, hit a Benzema, Busquets, 3 discard informs, UCL Isco and a Witsel. Got a Laporte in one a couple of days ago too. Packed a tradable Ederson from one of the championship league SBC teams as well. 

Completed Caputo relatively easily, last 5 matches I just needed the goal with Italians so bit of a chore but easy enough. They only need to score 3 more goals in their next 5 games for him to get upgraded I think? 

AF27DC2D-0D66-48AA-980E-14CD84495171.png

Goalkeeper central.

Hadn't noticed the Icon SBC's, and that's the first day in a while I haven't checked for them. Will definitely do Puyol as he's so damn cheap but I'll try to hold off a little and see what else comes out.

Screenshot_20210304-191558_Companion.jpg

Edited by Jaggy Snake

My rewards today reminded me of my childhood at xmas, I wanted a mountain bike, I got a second hand grifter. 83 Trapp being the best.

But i think i have found the new defender i have been looking for. Puyol, got the fodder, pace is a bit meh, but bang a shadow on him. Lets Go !!!

My red picks were Ruben Dias and Gosens and I got an 86 totw Godin in my rewards packs. Not the worst I've had.

Done the 84+ tonight and got Son.

Really tempted by the Puyol, seems very generously priced. Going to wait and see what they drop over the weekend though. Will probably spend this weekend doing Ruben Neves and some objectives anyway rather than weekend league.