FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Played to Silver 1 this week which took me 20 games after an awful run of 4 or 5 defeats in a row. That leaves me 7 wins to finish the Swaps objective next week. Probably won't touch Fifa in between, unless a good objective player comes out.

What If Jovic is an absolute joy to play with. Scored 31 goals and got 14 assists in the 20 weekend league games, with most of his goals coming with his 5 star weak/left foot. Got much more out of Prime Owen too as a result. If you run a Bundesliga squad, or can manage the links anyway, I highly recommend trying him out.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Did 10 of the 81+ player picks earlier and got absolute trash (highest was two 84's).

Opened my squad battle rewards to get Oblak. Did 6 more player picks and got Benzema, Hazard, Icardi & De Vrij. Much more like it.

Got to Gold 3 with 8 games to spare. Not too bad again. El Shaarawy was quite good on Saturday night but couldn’t get him into the games tonight as much. I hate having Rooney on the bench because he’s really good but just can’t get the chemistry for him to start, and I don’t want to drop any of my starting 11 at the moment. Anyone else have Freeze Marquinhos? Some games he just literally stops everything, and with Kante beside him it’s pretty formidable. Anyone else use Todibo as well? Not sure what to make of him but ultimately I’m pretty crap at defending once people pile on the pressure and the skill moves. But if someone allows me to play, I’ll make sure I do. 😂

My last game to get to 14 wins looked like it might have been quite difficult. But as you can see, it was one of my easiest. Always the way. 😂

A3576D1A-C798-4389-B355-58509B14FABD.jpeg

BFD3BAF7-37E0-409A-B3D4-2FFAA3C77720.jpeg

I've got loads of fodder again. Do you reckon we'll get some better icon sbcs when the current ones expire? 

The fifa 19 sbcs were brilliant no expiry date so you could slowly grind them for months!

Edited by robosaintee

I reached my customary 11 wins again this week by finishing 11-9. The last game was something else though in terms of a comeback. I was playing a fully loaded team featuring Prime versions of Eusebio, Philip Lahm, Carlos Alberto along with Neymar and about every other sweaty player you can think of. He even did the old bronze bench method to get the overall rating down. After 23 minutes I was 6-0 down but someone in EA must have known I needed to go to bed and hit the doom switch so that I could at least have a chance. So I scored one, then another then suddenly it was 6-5 at half time. The 2nd didn't have quite as many goals but I hit another 4 to win 9-7. I can imagine if I had been winning by so much and lost the controller might have ended up embedded in the TV.

If anyone is interested i've uploaded the game to Youtube so that future generations can marvel at how an average player made such an unlikely comeback.

11 hours ago, Wardy said:

Got to Gold 3 with 8 games to spare. Not too bad again. El Shaarawy was quite good on Saturday night but couldn’t get him into the games tonight as much. I hate having Rooney on the bench because he’s really good but just can’t get the chemistry for him to start, and I don’t want to drop any of my starting 11 at the moment. Anyone else have Freeze Marquinhos? Some games he just literally stops everything, and with Kante beside him it’s pretty formidable. Anyone else use Todibo as well? Not sure what to make of him but ultimately I’m pretty crap at defending once people pile on the pressure and the skill moves. But if someone allows me to play, I’ll make sure I do. 😂

My last game to get to 14 wins looked like it might have been quite difficult. But as you can see, it was one of my easiest. Always the way. 😂

A3576D1A-C798-4389-B355-58509B14FABD.jpeg

BFD3BAF7-37E0-409A-B3D4-2FFAA3C77720.jpeg

Jesus what a insane team that is. Im guessing 1000's have been spent. Although I would not be using Kane upfront. 

50 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I reached my customary 11 wins again this week by finishing 11-9. The last game was something else though in terms of a comeback. I was playing a fully loaded team featuring Prime versions of Eusebio, Philip Lahm, Carlos Alberto along with Neymar and about every other sweaty player you can think of. He even did the old bronze bench method to get the overall rating down. After 23 minutes I was 6-0 down but someone in EA must have known I needed to go to bed and hit the doom switch so that I could at least have a chance. So I scored one, then another then suddenly it was 6-5 at half time. The 2nd didn't have quite as many goals but I hit another 4 to win 9-7. I can imagine if I had been winning by so much and lost the controller might have ended up embedded in the TV.

If anyone is interested i've uploaded the game to Youtube so that future generations can marvel at how an average player made such an unlikely comeback.

That's was mental! Chip for the second was beautiful.

Player picks have been fantasic for me. The amount of duplicates I got was insane. I ended up doing Kross. Never fancied anything else, not even a icon pack. But so far so good with Kross, can get him on full chem with links to IF varane and mendy. Although im looking to replace mendy at some point, he just does not cut it anymore. Kross passing is the best ive played with so far, his defence and physicals is a concern . Time will tell. 

Managed to get Raphinia done as well, jury is still out on him, so much fodder. My next upgrades, im looking to replace mendy and stones, possibly Mane. I have Rooney pushing forward and Kross on stay back, spraying passes about on a 6 pence. But like I say his defence and phyicals are a concern. Stormed to 14 wins with, 7 to spare. Bruno is insane, I also love Rashford. 

Screenshot_2021-03-01-14-41-31.png

I emptied my club doing player picks last night. Done two mid icons in last few days... mid Van Der Sar back to back!

Not got enough at the minute to do the mid or prime player pick but my mate got prime Eusebio from his 😳

I’m more relieved than anything to be honest. But very happy with that. Few high rateds and even some objective cards went into that monstrosity of an SBC. Packed Koulibaly from the PL ultimate pack after caving and spending 30k on a West Brom silver striker to complete it. Already had koulibaly in one of the other sections so all in all I spent 50k liquid coins on a Navas to complete the icon pick. Packed a Laporte from a 5k pack today. A 10k discard in form in one as well today. Not bad. 

6062390B-C729-40E4-AECC-A1EA41E33D55.jpeg

Playing the one league for the icon swaps and just had a game there (the second time this has happened) and it’s a full EPL team. Both times the guy scored and I just quit. Far too good. So we’ve got people purposely trolling with teams that aren’t even required for icon tokens and playing against folk who are clearly trying to get them done as quickly as possible. The community is just on its arse if that’s the case. Pathetic.