FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

If I ever get the app market unlocked, I'll probably fire through BPM too, but needing to go into the game to sell anything cuts down the desire somewhat.

I'm quite enjoying the game generally though.  With no objectives in Rivals, I'm getting some really close games against people around my level.  If I'm losing, it's usually because I'm fucking dreadful at defending rather than anything else.  I am really starting to lose the plot with the sweaty little fuckers using only cut-backs though.  That and keepers (or at least mine) seem to really struggle against anything direct from around the edge of the box.  Had one guy beat me 6-2 or something, and his only tactic was to get to the edge of the box and hit it really hard.  I should be stopping him before he gets in that position, but at this stage it just seems unstoppable.

I finished my placement matches last night with a resounding 6-1 win, which placed me in Div 6. I lost the other 4 games so this seems a bit generous but i'll take that and the 29k coins I got at the same time.

For my sins I'm building another Prem side, with Michail Antonio upfront, who is surprisingly good with Donyell Malen as a super sub. I'm not sure whether to invest my coins (69K) in players or cards though.

Through pretty great pack luck I've managed to have a front three of Kane, Werner and Richarlison.  Kane is really good currently before everyone goes pace mad, but although Werner's good, I'm not sure he's worth tying up all those coins.  He's 270k now, and will be in the OTW squad so out of packs.   Think I'll probably be tempted to sell him.  Maybe even sell all the valued PL players and go to Serie A, where I wanted to be in the first place.

Made more coins than I though using the bronze method and probably made about 10k since starting it, admittedly it's not solely opening packs as it has brought some bronze players to my attention that can be picked up for 150 and easily sold at buy now of 500.

Built a SPL team. played two Rival games and it can't compete with all the OP squad folk seem to all have with the same players.

Just wish folk could have a varierty of squads instead of a sheep mentality to win games.

9 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I finished my placement matches last night with a resounding 6-1 win, which placed me in Div 6. I lost the other 4 games so this seems a bit generous but i'll take that and the 29k coins I got at the same time.

For my sins I'm building another Prem side, with Michail Antonio upfront, who is surprisingly good with Donyell Malen as a super sub. I'm not sure whether to invest my coins (69K) in players or cards though.

I'd highly recommend Calvert-Lewin up front, fast, tall, strong and a good finisher.

3 hours ago, deej said:

Do you sell everything, or just players?

I've only just started so not an expert on this but I'm keep contracts for definite and making judgements based on the markets for players, and badges, kits and stadium guff gets put up for sale if I space.

I used the bronze pack method for a bit last year and I'm pretty surprised to see it being used this year at all with no fitness cards in the game tbh.

Combining it with the upgrades/keeping players in big leagues for the league SBCs that will come out can work out if you end up packing something nice along the way but it's going to be untradeable and takes a lot of time.

3 hours ago, #Gary said:

I used the bronze pack method for a bit last year and I'm pretty surprised to see it being used this year at all with no fitness cards in the game tbh.

Combining it with the upgrades/keeping players in big leagues for the league SBCs that will come out can work out if you end up packing something nice along the way but it's going to be untradeable and takes a lot of time.

Yeah I was fearful it wasn’t going to work, but other than the odd silver flipping I’ve managed to get to just over 80k in the space of a few days, simply selling bronzes that’s go for value (I sold a Dutch manager for 5k last night, was the only one on the market) and the odd badge (Salford popular again) and kit (stevanage are sponsored by Burger King again) the odd ground sells for 200 as well. Only takes a couple of things to sell to break even, and quite a few players go for 400-500 coins easy. 

Only managed to do one set in Marquee Matchups this week, but out popped Varane from the pack. Considered keeping him to go with my untradable Ramos but after seeing he was going for 200k I sold him and am now running with the below team. Teixeira is just as good as Richarlison for a fraction of the price, Coutinho is excellent with the emphasis on tight dribbling now, and that right side of Semedo and Traore is sweaty as f**k but it's so good going forward. 

All I need to do now is learn how to defend and I'll improve on my 2-2-1 rivals record from my placement games.

Screenshot_20201008_162312_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

13 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

They need to fix how delayed it is in changing to control players.

I think there’s a lot of impetus on switching with the stick this year. That being said, I do think there are more issues to fix than people realise. This is just drop back and hope to counter your opponent dressed up with a nice little bow.

My current team i'm rolling with, goes into a 4-2-3-1 during the game with Alli and Hererra as my DM's. Will see how my OTW pack goes tonight before making any changes. Thinking of getting POTM DCL but not too sure yet.

Definitely getting rid of Gerrard once a English La Liga manager becomes available !

IMG_5160.jpg

Edited by BodDon

Mmmm played my first Squad Battle, on Legendary against the weakest team and won 5-4. I rarely conceded a goal doing this in Fifa20. Has the standard of AI dramatically increased ? Certainly players are performing more tricks which is difficult to defend.