FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

1 hour ago, TrebleTwenty said:

Does anyone watch the Youtubbers? 

I have to say, some of them are just dicks. I'm convinced MattHD is a shill, I just find him to be a fake & almost a cert he will pack an TOTY on friday. That PieFace does my nut in. I don't mind Nep, he is probably the one I watch the most, as well as the FIFA Analyst, his game play tips have helped me alot. 

27 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Runthefutmarket, Zweback, AJ3 and Mike LaBelle are the only ones I can stand really. Nep to a degree as well but his moaning wears thin after a while.

I follow Zweback, Nepenthez, The Fut Acccountant and Iain Stirling (from Love Island ha ha) among others. RunTheFutmarket is Ok but I couldn't listen to him for too long.

A few of the streamers left for Facebook gaming but i've stuck with Twitch for the moment as i'm not so keen of the Facebook platform. I wouldn't pay for any of them but I will use my Amazon Prime Gaming to subscribe (its free!).

If you watch MattHD's live content and the stuff that is pre recorded for Youtube you can generally notice a difference in his tone.

Seen Nep going on about the 41212 on Twitter yesterday. Hadn’t really got on with the formation before but tried his tactics for it with my own custom instructions and quite liking it. Was playing my mate who I admittedly pump more often than not but it was pretty lethal in an attacking sense.

Decided to try Klaiber as a CB for some height next to Cannavaro, so brought Navas into the starting line up and switch them round in game.

FE8B23F5-D9CD-4AA4-A084-779876986AC8.thumb.jpeg.8ce57b91b47ab844e88da2667da55d3f.jpeg

Not sure if it was the patch or anything but felt pretty good in rivals last night, back up to Division 3 with over 1500 skill rating. Lost to a full gold squad with a less skill rating than me. Not sure if he was relegating or whatever but when your getting done by a 77 rated Dan James you kind of sense it....

Thats my team right now. Socrates still holding on in there, still had a decent return in the 16 wins at the weekend there and was fine again last night.

Griezmann is actually really good, pretty chuffed with my luck with that one. 

Roberto Carlos very good, I have my full backs on balanced anyway so he’s always up supporting the attack but can get back pretty quick. I always concede from counters so doesn’t matter if your bombing forward or have everyone stay back it doesn’t matter. 😂

Will probably look to bring in Neymar and start him ahead of Griezmann with him coming on at CAM for Socrates second half. 

Neto is just a stop gap in goal as I chucked Oblak, neuer and Alisson all into Roberto Carlos. 😂

C712BEB3-FE9D-417B-A89B-7D3C00CD5FB7.png

44 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Neto is just a stop gap in goal as I chucked Oblak, neuer and Alisson all into Roberto Carlos. 😂

From my experience, goalkeepers don't really matter, he'll make saves he has no right to, then let in shockers.

1 hour ago, deej said:

From my experience, goalkeepers don't really matter, he'll make saves he has no right to, then let in shockers.

To be honest he was actually no bad last night. Made an amazing save from neymar at point blank range. You’re right though and I’ve said it on here before. It’s your attack that makes the difference. Defence and goalkeeper doesn’t really matter as much, it can make a wee bit of difference but it’s marginal. Hence my last post with Dan James ripping that back line I’ve got. 🤷‍♂️😂

25 minutes ago, Wardy said:

To be honest he was actually no bad last night. Made an amazing save from neymar at point blank range. You’re right though and I’ve said it on here before. It’s your attack that makes the difference. Defence and goalkeeper doesn’t really matter as much, it can make a wee bit of difference but it’s marginal. Hence my last post with Dan James ripping that back line I’ve got. 🤷‍♂️😂

I use Alisson, as I packed him. I was using Kepa before that, and honestly there's virtually no difference, I wasn't looking to upgrade. 

The one thing I'd say is there's maybe a slightly higher chance of saving one on ones, but I'm not sure if that's accurate tbh, as it always just seems random anyway. 

Best keeper is undoubtedly Hero David Marshall, as you get to sing his name every time he makes a save.

2 nights of this is enough to show me why I left it behind in the first place.  Completed the La Liga Swaps after meeting the usual gang of people doing their level best to be absolute shits in Friendlies, then found people that made them look like Saints trying to get the rest.  I'm not going to quit after they score first, and will usually wait until I'm well down or half-time before doing so.  Which seems to get their backs up.  Cue the ball getting passed around the back (from around the 5th minute) or endless pauses, or just general anti-social stuff, presumably to try and get me to quit.  I just want to play a game of FIFA for f**k sake.  

So switched to Squad Battles and chose tedium instead.  4 tokens secured, just need one more for the two pack option then will see what I get out of them on TOTY day.  If it's f**k all, decent reason to jump back out again.  The game is nowhere near enjoyable enough to put up with a lot of the people that play it.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

2 nights of this is enough to show me why I left it behind in the first place.  Completed the La Liga Swaps after meeting the usual gang of people doing their level best to be absolute shits in Friendlies, then found people that made them look like Saints trying to get the rest.  I'm not going to quit after they score first, and will usually wait until I'm well down or half-time before doing so.  Which seems to get their backs up.  Cue the ball getting passed around the back (from around the 5th minute) or endless pauses, or just general anti-social stuff, presumably to try and get me to quit.  I just want to play a game of FIFA for f**k sake.  

So switched to Squad Battles and chose tedium instead.  4 tokens secured, just need one more for the two pack option then will see what I get out of them on TOTY day.  If it's f**k all, decent reason to jump back out again.  The game is nowhere near enjoyable enough to put up with a lot of the people that play it.

2x Ultimate packs? You know you'll get f**k all from them yeah? 

The 'Community' has really shown itself to be a bunch of entitled children, where logging on and actually wanting to play the game is now somehow viewed as toxic.

I'm getting to the point where I'm losing motivation for it, but Mrs working and me off at the weekends keeps reeling me back in. I'm going to play the full WL with my Scottish team to see how it goes, but it's gotten to the point where if I don't get 11 wins for re-entry, I don't think I'd be that bothered.

11 minutes ago, deej said:

2x Ultimate packs? You know you'll get f**k all from them yeah? 

The 'Community' has really shown itself to be a bunch of entitled children, where logging on and actually wanting to play the game is now somehow viewed as toxic.

I'm getting to the point where I'm losing motivation for it, but Mrs working and me off at the weekends keeps reeling me back in. I'm going to play the full WL with my Scottish team to see how it goes, but it's gotten to the point where if I don't get 11 wins for re-entry, I don't think I'd be that bothered.

Absolutely.  But doing five tokens for that and the other pack option is more palatable than scratching and clawing my way to 7 for the worst icon card they offered.  

The game wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the people playing it ultimately.  EA are the landlord that's completely given up on the property after they let the crackheads move in.  Almost don't blame them.  Almost.

10 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Seen Nep going on about the 41212 on Twitter yesterday. Hadn’t really got on with the formation before but tried his tactics for it with my own custom instructions and quite liking it. Was playing my mate who I admittedly pump more often than not but it was pretty lethal in an attacking sense.

Decided to try Klaiber as a CB for some height next to Cannavaro, so brought Navas into the starting line up and switch them round in game.

I've always played pretty much on all default tactics with the odd instruction thrown in but I have been trying 3-5-2 recently after watching a video by NealGuides on YouTube and it's working fairly well. Admittedly it is more defensive than I would normally go but I want to try a more defensive game in a weekend league and see if it can actually take me further than gold 2 for a change.

I was also pretty OCD/anal about chemistry before but a lot of these YouTube guys seem to think it doesn't matter all that much so I've been willing to give it a go and can't say I've noticed much difference.

Screenshot_20210120-121111.thumb.jpg.4c8cff70c6b36cd3c3db2fa2432252c6.jpgScreenshot_20210120-121144.thumb.jpg.6b350eb4210cab900c76b54d4742f7ca.jpg

I'll be sad to get rid of this team after TOTY. Red Delaney hasn't been out the team since I got him in red picks in the 4th TOTW. An outrageous card that is still going for about 60k i think. 

Hoping the release the full TOTY on Friday so I can open my packs and build a mental team. Think I posted it before but cannae mind but I'll plump for this barring something mental out a pack.

Screenshot_20210120-122237_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20210111-003406_Chrome.jpg