FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

7 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Thanks.

I quite like the idea of using the profit to trade but its not something I've done and I don't think I have the patience for it or where to start.

Flog Ronaldo now and buy as many Wissam Ben Yedder IFs now as you can, as cheaply as you can, before he goes out of packs tomorrow. TOTW 1 is extremely rare and he will be one of the most coveted players in the game, I think his price could easily double for next Thursday when folk are building their WL teams. 

Up to nearly 39k simply opening Bronze packs and selling. Managed to get enough coins to complete all the marquee matchups for very little coin spend, managed to pack Bowen in form to help boost the coffers and players like Neto who were worth like 4.5k at the time. Sold Lopes and Acuna both 83s for about 6k combined. 

I shit you not as well I just sold a Chinese Bronze for 4k and there’s not even any league SBCs out yet! (Granted he’ll be on an SBC solution for the foundation SBCs but still) 

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Flog Ronaldo now and buy as many Wissam Ben Yedder IFs now as you can, as cheaply as you can, before he goes out of packs tomorrow. TOTW 1 is extremely rare and he will be one of the most coveted players in the game, I think his price could easily double for next Thursday when folk are building their WL teams. 

This it really tempting. You sound pretty confident.

Ive had a few games with Ronaldo and he is absolutely ridiculous at this stage in the game.

2 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

This it really tempting. You sound pretty confident.

Ive had a few games with Ronaldo and he is absolutely ridiculous at this stage in the game.

There are never any guarantees with trading, but if you head to futbin.com and look at the price graphs of every TOTW1 card from FIFAs gone by, you'll see that they rise on full release and pretty much continue rising until about December. Ben Yedder, being French, a central player, having a 5 star weak foot and being insanely hyped as one of the most meta FIFA cards of the last few years all points to a big rise, IMO. Ronaldo is apparently absolutely incredible, and the safer bet would be to just hold on to him (also negates tax from multiple sales), but I think you could make more with Ben Yedder and that's probably what I would do. You're looking flush, in any case. My advice would be to sell Ronaldo, pick up two/three Ben Yedders and then use whatever you have left to build as strong a team as you can before prices in general rise over the coming days and weeks. 

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

I have little knowledge of the market tbh but I kind of took this approach on a smaller scale and got a couple of Suarez totw card and a couple of Fati's. So far they've been down and back up but never much above what I bought them at. I'm still thinking I might've fucked up but your post gives me hope 😂

6 minutes ago, #Gary said:

I have little knowledge of the market tbh but I kind of took this approach on a smaller scale and got a couple of Suarez totw card and a couple of Fati's. So far they've been down and back up but never much above what I bought them at. I'm still thinking I might've fucked up but your post gives me hope 😂

The issue with that pair is that the demand for them won't be nearly as high - as a rule of thumb, pretty much every single TOTW1 card does rise but you might have to be a bit more patient or cut your losses so your coins aren't all tied up early doors. Pace and snappy movement appears to be king again so folk won't be scrambling about trying to get Suarez into their team, and Fati is a good card commanding some IRL hype but is fairly low-rated - folk will prefer having Dembele there in their teams, or maybe even Carrasco as a cheaper option. 

Edited by the_bully_wee

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The issue with that pair is that the demand for them won't be nearly as high - as a rule of thumb, pretty much every single TOTW1 card does rise but you might have to be a bit more patient or cut your losses so your coins aren't all tied up early doors. Pace and snappy movement appears to be king again so folk won't be scrambling about trying to get Suarez into their team, and Fati is a good card commanding some IRL hype but is fairly low-rated - folk will prefer having Dembele there in their teams, or maybe even Carrasco as a cheaper option. 

Hmm. I kind of thought Suarez would be more popular mainly due to the pretty crap alternatives in terms of la Liga strikers.

Bollocks 😂

3 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Hmm. I kind of thought Suarez would be more popular mainly due to the pretty crap alternatives in terms of la Liga strikers.

Bollocks 😂

Obviously it also depends which console you're on/what price you got them at, and I don't think you'll end up losing any money (again, if you got them at the going rate), but it might take a few weeks to see any serious return. It's impossible to know for sure, though - things are potentially gonna look very different this year because of the massive and immediate influx of coins from rivals placements. 

Away from trading malark, I'm enjoying this so far. But then, I've enjoyed other FIFAs which have been absolutely ruined by patches so I'm not getting too excited. It's pretty arcadey-feeling and is showing a complete reliance on pace, but all of the best football games in the past have been exactly those things (IMO). Defending has taken a massive step in the right direction - if you give up a chance, there's a good chance it'll be a goal, but it's actually tough to defend and you actually feel rewarded for doing it well in this so far.

48FBF3A1-F198-43CE-8996-F1A5E4751BD7.thumb.jpeg.3c1782b0b37bae7e26e34451f157cd33.jpeg

Ronaldo has dropped to under 1.7mil. I’m going to enjoy him for a week or so but keep an eye on his price. 

He is absolutely ridiculous. Felix and Neves in to get him on full chem.

*cue tears when I check Ben Yedders totw price next week. 

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Up to nearly 39k simply opening Bronze packs and selling. Managed to get enough coins to complete all the marquee matchups for very little coin spend, managed to pack Bowen in form to help boost the coffers and players like Neto who were worth like 4.5k at the time. Sold Lopes and Acuna both 83s for about 6k combined. 

I shit you not as well I just sold a Chinese Bronze for 4k and there’s not even any league SBCs out yet! (Granted he’ll be on an SBC solution for the foundation SBCs but still) 

I've read about the Bronze method but always worried I put all my coins into it and f**k it up. I always chip away at stadiums, badges and kits, takes time but can slowly build coins for starting the game then I give up on it.

13 minutes ago, thomas said:

I've read about the Bronze method but always worried I put all my coins into it and f**k it up. I always chip away at stadiums, badges and kits, takes time but can slowly build coins for starting the game then I give up on it.

You’ll never f**k it up. Trust me. 👀😎

3E0872C8-EF3E-428A-BB39-16773F99ACD8.png

3 minutes ago, Wardy said:

You’ll never f**k it up. Trust me. 👀😎

3E0872C8-EF3E-428A-BB39-16773F99ACD8.png

Do you just buy the packs and try to sell everything? Or do you keep the consumables with the exception of squad fitness that you also sell, I'm guessing this leave you able to sell all your tradable gold consumables also?

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Do you just buy the packs and try to sell everything? Or do you keep the consumables with the exception of squad fitness that you also sell, I'm guessing this leave you able to sell all your tradable gold consumables also?

I only sell if they are really abnormally high in price, or if there aren’t many selling. If there are Loads selling with like 1 minute to go I just store in my club. There isint any squad fitness on Fifa 21. The consumables are generally pish, but I’ve sold the odd badge, stadium, tifo etc. I’ve just saved all contracts the now also. 

59 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I only sell if they are really abnormally high in price, or if there aren’t many selling. If there are Loads selling with like 1 minute to go I just store in my club. There isint any squad fitness on Fifa 21. The consumables are generally pish, but I’ve sold the odd badge, stadium, tifo etc. I’ve just saved all contracts the now also. 

Gave it a bash, transfer list is full so I'll see how this goes.

Did the bronze pack method a little bit during 20, definitely made a profit but the majority of it was through fitness cards. Without those now might be a bit harder.

I'm considering gambling on Rangers/Celtic being in Marquee Matchups SBC next week and buying a whole load of their players. Looks like most of them are available at minimum price so shouldn't be too much risk involved.