FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

For that kind of cash I'd be looking for Mid Rio Ferdinand.

Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter who you have at the back or in goal. Any defender will still do absolutely stupid shit to help you concede a goal. 

Im 8-4 so far this weekend. Will try get to 14 tomorrow. Had some good wins, but 2 of those 4 loses was with the last kick of the game (both times defender Cannavaro and Vidic one each) dithering and letting the opponent with an easy shot. One was penalties after I equalised in the 120th minute. The other defeat? Well of course it was an 8-0 spanking. 😂😂

4 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

For that kind of cash I'd be looking for Mid Rio Ferdinand.

Is his mid decent? I see people talking about his baby a lot of the time

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter who you have at the back or in goal. Any defender will still do absolutely stupid shit to help you concede a goal. 

Im 8-4 so far this weekend. Will try get to 14 tomorrow. Had some good wins, but 2 of those 4 loses was with the last kick of the game (both times defender Cannavaro and Vidic one each) dithering and letting the opponent with an easy shot. One was penalties after I equalised in the 120th minute. The other defeat? Well of course it was an 8-0 spanking. 😂😂

See while this somewhat true it’s why I’m half tempted to just get Varane but it’s the boring choice 😂

Done the headliners Bundesliga player this afternoon in 13 games, if I'm honest I'd say I got lucky with people quitting who I think could have beaten me if they played on. I was initially hesitant at spending time playing friendlies but I guess the packs you get for completing them makes up for lost rewards. For the first time ever I'm hoarding packs as I don't really see me pulling many players that will better my team, there probably are some but the liklihood of pulling them are small, will wait till TOTY and possibly start opening them then.

11-1 for me this weekend. Not enough time to play any more unfortunately as I dished out a few pumpings. The loss was on penalties and I hit the post twice in extra time.

Got enough coins to build the team below right now. But will wait for TOTY in case I get lucky. 100 packs saved!

Screenshot_20210111-003406_Chrome.jpg

Edited by robosaintee

Didn't know there was a Tierney IF, maintaining a wee Scotland team as a bit of fun so will go add him now.

Packed mid Roy Keane tradable out of the premium gold player pack for completing the Dos Santos SBC, first icon pull this year. Worth 350k but played a couple games with him and he felt really good, so considering just keeping a hold of him for now. 

Is anyone else saving packs for TOTY? I’ve got 88 saved up so far and I’m sure it will be well worth the wait (ha ha). Whilst waiting for that I did the Mahrez headline SBC , along with the usual Marquee Matchups etc which has left my main Squad , 23k and a bunch of trash. 

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Is anyone else saving packs for TOTY? I’ve got 88 saved up so far and I’m sure it will be well worth the wait (ha ha). Whilst waiting for that I did the Mahrez headline SBC , along with the usual Marquee Matchups etc which has left my main Squad , 23k and a bunch of trash. 

Aye, up to 107. I've been saving my rewards and sbcpacks for the past month. Slowly working my way through league sbcs too. If a team has 6 or more players I'll just go and complete it.

Started playing again at the weekend having stopped pre PS5 release. Quite enjoying it though I've mostly been grinding squad battle swaps so far. 

I've still got a reasonable first team though lacking a bit up front, but I wasted all coins and SBC fodder on stupid stuff on the app while I wasn't playing so have to start building up again.

Kept an eye on Icon swaps and icon SBCs and didn't miss anything I was that bothered about thankfully.

Just playing some squad battles now, is it just me or in Ultimate Team does it change your player when defending a lot more frequently, I do a lot of off the ball tracking and tracking back and everytime I try and do it this year it just auto switches to a different defender, I'll manually switch back to the full back or whatever (by then I've already lost out on time) and then it auto switches me back to the defender nearer the ball. 

I just can't fathom how this is the popular game mode on fifa, it is a broken game, they legit tweak it so players do mental things that you can't even do outwith UT whilst simultaneously impairing your ability to play normally. 

Finished 14-9 this weekend. I think Klaiber and Robben are good but that’s all. Robben for his high agility and balance felt clunky still and his running motion is rather funny. 😂 not sure what else I can improve on without spending many coins. Socrates still great but definitely feeling he is slowly going down as the better players start to come in. Don’t get me wrong still scoring goals with him and his passing is immense. Mbappe I’m just not sure about either. I know beggars can’t be choosers but I kind of wish it was Neymar that was in the player pick rather than him. 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Welcome to the club. Player picks are awesome. 😂

Agreed. Got Varane from one the other day, then packed him again this morning.. both untradeable though. 

I've got a PL and a Bundesliga team, but not sure how to shoehorn him in.