FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

3 games. 3 losses. Is there no way I can do the league stuff but actually start at the bottom? I want a chance to build some coins and a team without having to play every game against pay to play teams? 

3 games. 3 losses. Is there no way I can do the league stuff but actually start at the bottom? I want a chance to build some coins and a team without having to play every game against pay to play teams? 
To be fair div 3 is reasonably high so you will come up against higher rated teams but pretty much everyone has a decent team at this point in the game. As others have said I'd probably sweat squad battles and objectives until you get a semi useable team.

By this stage of the game I have 3 icons and haven't paid a penny. Div 3 is very high to come in at with a starting team and it will probably just take a while to find your level.

8 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:
13 hours ago, Stormzy said:

By this stage of the game I have 3 icons and haven't paid a penny. Div 3 is very high to come in at with a starting team and it will probably just take a while to find your level.

Yeah I realise I'm late to the year to be starting but I just don't see why I have to be in Div 3, I want to start at the bottom, I've already been relegated to Div 4 though so I'm sure it won't take me too long! 

Ended up just opening the 83x25 pack. Neuer and Sterling FFS. Ever since I got Mbappe from that player pick, the luck has completely and utterly ran out. I used some of the duplicates to do the 86+ upgrade- Jan Oblak. Amazing rating but just so fucking dull and yet another fucking goalkeeper. The drop rate of keepers is ridiculous. That 84+ player pick? Jordan Henderson. Away in the fucking sea EA...

Completed Robben and Klaiber though to cheer me up a bit. Can’t wait to face them in like 70% of my games this weekend. 😂

15 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Why do they always release the same cards? Like players on this Headliners promo a lot have already had special cards?

The headliners promo is supposed to be for players who have played well IRL and had several in forms already. These are live cards which will continue to increase for as long as the player is playing well IRL and getting in forms, it also increases if their team wins 4 games on the bounce IRL.

I don't disagree that they generally have the same players in promos every year (just waiting on a Ryan Kent this year) but it makes sense for the headliners promo.

My only surprise was that there was no Lautaro Martinez in this promo. When they left him out of totw I was pretty certain...

Entered weekend league for only the second time this weekend. Managed only Silver 2 last time out, but got Silver 1 already this time round, which is pleasing as the 2,000 points means I can enter next weekend too.

8 games left, so will set my sights on Gold 3 tomorrow.

The headliners promo is supposed to be for players who have played well IRL and had several in forms already. These are live cards which will continue to increase for as long as the player is playing well IRL and getting in forms, it also increases if their team wins 4 games on the bounce IRL.

I don't disagree that they generally have the same players in promos every year (just waiting on a Ryan Kent this year) but it makes sense for the headliners promo.
My only surprise was that there was no Lautaro Martinez in this promo. When they left him out of totw I was pretty certain...
Fair enough didn't realise that was the basis of the promo, but the point does stand I think. I like trying different cards, I get others like jsut being as meta as possible though.

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:
8 hours ago, #Gary said:

Fair enough didn't realise that was the basis of the promo, but the point does stand I think. I like trying different cards, I get others like jsut being as meta as possible though.

I'd like to see the live cards have to ability to drop their stats also depending on performances, I know its much easier to bump stats up based on scoring or MoM awards ect but I think it would be good seeing it go the other way.

I'm up to 16 Swap Icons now, just got the Weekend League one to complete (which I can't do till next weekend as I didn't register this week) and the Brazil One Nation one (which should be fun as I only have 7 Brazilians in my club). Not 100% what I'm going to do with them all but leaning towards the lower packs and a base icon as I don't really fancy any of the players.

Needed 8 wins in champs for my last token to get the base icon pack and I'm currently 8-0! Best start this year I think. Popped my pack. Not disappointed cos I will use him but took him from swaps last year. Oh well, could have been a lot worse!

Screenshot_20210109-233414_Companion.jpg

Started off the weekend with the same team of frauds that were miles off it a few weeks back, playing a 4-4-2 primarily with Deulofeu and Felix up top and Van Bergen and Promes on the wings. Didn't feel good at all though in the first few games; Deulofeu seems to have a lot of rather fake stats and doesn't feel as good as he should in game, so I brought in IF Carrasco instead which gave Llorente full chem (he has been much better himself since). Mendy also (sadly) in to replace Berchiche, who was consistently getting roasted despite his 93 pace. On the right side of defence, the enormous fraud that was Mukiele has been swapped out for Klaiber - he is absolutely sensational even without an upgrade, and I would strongly recommend him to anyone who can fit him in (even on 8 chem).

These changes and a switch to a 4-2-3-1 have brought me great success, though, and I'm currently 15-2. Only entered this week in an attempt to get 18 wins for the final Swaps token, so to be playing so well despite the relative weakness of my team is most pleasing. The boys are now as below, as we seek to get 3 wins from 13 games tomorrow. Hopefully sneak Gold 1 too, but I think Elite is beyond this lot.

Screenshot_20210109-004140_Companion~2.jpeg

Was Martinez not in the TOTW last week? Their policy is that you can't have two in a row. In fact, this year they've stuck pretty rigidly to a five-week gap between IFs. Stops guys who are stat-padding week in, week out from racking up an inordinate amount of special cards.

20 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

With 650k(potentially closer to a million if I sell the second Alaba), who are you putting in at CB? Icon or just go full rat and get the autoblock god Varane?

6D626A45-4C5E-415A-BDE7-41DD41ECC4B7.thumb.jpeg.cf753a589f6edfb5ac62211a9caffc7a.jpeg

For that kind of cash I'd be looking for Mid Rio Ferdinand.