FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

I’m 10-5 but EA have pulled the matchmaking on PS4 for a wee while so that will be me for the night. Should get 4 wins tomorrow. 

Can see why so many people use Mbappe. Scored some good goals with him and the ball sticks to him 😂

Sitting on 1.2m, so may get that base or mid icon pack done but should be fine to use that for a TOTY player added to the team when they come out. 

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I played 8 Champs games today and probably 7 of the teams had the Mendy - Varane LB-CB combination, its really exciting squad selection by players!

Yup same with me but have come up against RTTF Alaba a couple of times too. But yeah Mendy, Varane, Gomez, Walker/Semedo With Pope in goal seems to be the main back line. In a way I’m kind of glad I’ve got a couple of icon CBs from the base icon packs that are at least useable. Vidic barely, Cannavaro absolutely fine. Thought about just getting Varane as well as he just seems to block every single shot but again don’t want to be that guy either. I do have Mendy untradeable though so I’ll continue to use him. 😂

Edited by Wardy

Anyone notice though that it really does depend on who you match with over the course of the weekend? You could be playing pretty well but come up against folk equally playing decent and then it’s just stupid broken mechanics that would decide a match?

I’m pretty confident that with the team I’ve got I’ll get to 14 wins every weekend, but the record will vary pretty much every weekend. 

I just flat out refuse to play drop back 1 depth but for anyone on here who has, is it successful enough to like get a few more wins by solely playing this way?

Edited by Wardy

Same as last weeks record. That will do. Icon swaps offline to get some rewards tonight and that will be a successful night all round. As @robosaintee was saying, I too had quite a few rage quits when I had an unassailable lead. Even had a cheeky comeback 2-0 down to 4-3 win AET thrown in. Braw. 

EEA2467B-4A00-45FA-9B03-CCF564F788E9.jpeg

Edited by Wardy

13 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

This sort of luck is disgusting. I’ve done about ten and the best I’ve had is Thiago Silva twice and a Portu 🙄

The best part is that he fits my team perfectly. Could be doing with a centre mid quicker and more defensive than Beckham now.

Aouar, Felix, Robben, Carrasco, Yedder all interchangeable in game without issue as well. I thought I'd prefer Aouar at CM but below is how I'm playing just now.

Screenshot_20210104-005236.thumb.jpg.8903400d670402e7471f4ac538f8a607.jpg

13 minutes ago, #Gary said:

The best part is that he fits my team perfectly. Could be doing with a centre mid quicker and more defensive than Beckham now.

Aouar, Felix, Robben, Carrasco, Yedder all interchangeable in game without issue as well. I thought I'd prefer Aouar at CM but below is how I'm playing just now.

Screenshot_20210104-005236.thumb.jpg.8903400d670402e7471f4ac538f8a607.jpg

If you set up like this you could have everyone on 10 chemistry bar one player(and your Maldini obviously) and just choose who you’d prefer on 8 out of Ben Yedder and Aouar

4E38BB4A-BED2-4341-9354-8A5D28DD943C.thumb.jpeg.c0f5a1075ed2a7ea1efce91bfea0b4e1.jpeg

Edited by Sauzee#4

Just packed headliner mkhitarian from a 7.5k pack from playing two games of squad battles. 7.5k packs are mu boys this year.

Finished all the online icon swaps in about 2 hours. 90 percent still playing golden goal!

In the office from Tuesday to Friday this week so hopefully manage to get on a few evening to get these icon swaps done. Got a French, silver, first owner 11 to knock off three. 

Actually got some decent rewards from squad battles for once. Bernardo Silva and Onana in my first mega pack from elite 2 and then headliners Hradecky in the second one. Fully baited by the headliner flare but of course it was too good to be true.

Thinking of switching the team up to this to get Ben Arfa in over Raul. Means dropping Bamba but it might have to happen although I could always drop Fati. Felix would be on 8 with the position change or I could get him on 10 with Torreira at left back.

E66556D9-EDC5-4424-B6F0-35A58E9C776A.thumb.jpeg.1cd535d2cb0aa6672d475787ab517949.jpeg

Edited by Sauzee#4

14 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

I've started using the bog standard 442 in game and it's great. Pogba set to balanced so he'll get forward too. 

Really makes creating chances a lot easier with two stikers!

Screenshot_20210104-124333_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20210104-124552_Companion.jpg

The 442 has been my go to all year. Mixing in a bit of 352 recently and I’ll use 4222 when I’m on constant pressure but I’ve yet to find anything as good this year as the 442

Note to self, do not leave WL games till the Sunday. I ended up playing into the the wee hours to get to 11 wins. (Finished 11 - 12). I'd probably have a shot a gold if I managed my time better.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I go between 4231 and 442 depending on how the game is going. If I’m behind like 2-0 and struggling to do anything in the match I’ll switch to 442 and all of a sudden I’ve got a goal back. Happens quite a lot. 😂

I cannot stand it when people use a non-white ball. I'm not sure if I'm a little colour blind, need glasses or an just a grumpy old git, but I cannot seem to tell where the ball is half the time.

Can just about cope with orange but the silver and leopard print (or whatever it is) one just piss me off. 

Anyone else feel like this?

And yes I did just get beat by someone using one of these balls and I've turned it off in a huff.

Did the sbc for the draft token and won the draft. Got the shite rewards though. Two rare gold packs and on 7 5k pack. Two rare gold packs saved for TOTY. Got another walkout from a 7.5k pack 🤣 it was only sommer though!

Think that's me packed an icon, headliner and a walk out all from 7.5k packs in the past three weeks.