FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

I actually got a board in every single pack this week which is very rare for me....

3 megas - Dzeko, Aranguiz, Ibrahimovic

Prime gold- Jorginho

rare players 1- Walker an De Vrij

rare players 2- Schmeichel and Naingolan. Actually got both UCL and gold rare Naingolan’s in different packs. Good players to stock the club up with anyway. 

Only played 5 games of Rivals this week to hit the objective of getting 3500 rivals points so was in rank 4, took untradables and got Ben Yedder, Azpilicueta and Burki. Sounds like I did a lot better than those putting hours into the game 😂 feels like my decision to stick to doing objectives in friendlies is paying off.

Anyone know when the live UCL cards will update? 

Edited by Dave

Saving all my good packs for TOTY opening the rubbish ones. Tonight I opened two 75+ rare player packs, two jumbo premium gold packs and a two rare gold pack. Got untradable IFs in three of them!

I now have twelve (!) untradable informs in my club if which eleven are rated from 76 to 82. All garbage. Need an sbc to come along where I can get rid of them!

I completed Silver Stars last night and the gameplay was just so off, my ping was the same as always 20-28 or so. Was like my players were running through treacle, and you can imagine how worse it felt playing with silvers....

Aye league SBCs RIP. What an absolute disaster. FUT Freeze looks interesting though, but only 6 icons to play for in Icon swaps season 1. They better all be excellent ones or EA are just giving us the finger again expecting everyone to just keep buying Fifa points until they are told to stop....

I've got two of the online tokens already, and am well on my way to the third. Doing Icon Swaps in Rivals was the worst grind imaginable last year (pretty much led to me chucking UT for 4 months after I eventually got Essien), but it's much more tolerable this time. Other than rage quits by opponents while drawing, I've won every game and as a result managed to race through them. It's always fun being able to use different teams, and coming up against different players - it's remarkable how bad some folk are at the game when they don't have their meta teams or 5-star skillers to lean on. Only needing 5 first-owned players per squad obviously makes it more accessible, but my only gripe is that it's a wee bit annoying coming up against folk who are fielding pretty much their usual team against you complete with Neymar + Mbappe/Rashford + Gomez etc. My entire XI for the Bundesliga category was first-owned and I had a brilliant time playing with it.

Despite my complaints about Neymar, I have to come forward and announce that I packed him - tradeable - earlier this week, in what was my best-ever FIFA pack pull. He's not been quite as good as I was thinking/hoping he would be from having used him in a few drafts, but when everyone you're playing has a skill rating of 2200 it's hard for players to stick out. That's breathed a bit of new life into the game for me, and I'm back doing objectives (despite the awful Icon offerings this time out). Would thoroughly recommend that everyone here grinds for Deulofeu; a tremendous supersub. 

Nah, no stipulations on the friendly mode other than that every player in your squad (XI and bench) has to be from the same league. The Icon Swaps objectives are earned by getting wins in the mode with at least 5 first-owned players in the XI, but you don't need first-owned cards to play the mode. I imagine there'll be a fair few VLs who hang about in the mode with fully-bought teams to sabotage other folk.

Overpowered cheap players are always my jam in FIFA, and there are plenty of them I've been using for this. Annoyingly there's generally a bit of a dearth of strikers who are extremely cheap and can still be effective, but there are plenty of CMs and defenders who belie their ratings. Milot Rashica is an exception to the former point though, he was wonderful to use.

I'm finding the Icons Swaps a lot easier than last year.  I did the Serie A player in less than 40 mins. 5 rage quit wins once i'd scored a few goals and other when i'd come back from 2-0 down to lead. At this rate i'll have it finished within a few days.

Been doing the offline swaps and just about got them completed over two days, did dip in and play one online using the Bundesliga team as it's my strongest team and got the win by a quit just after I went 1 up. I forgot I got promoted to div 5 so might need to rectify that for the online swaps.