FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

The French player is definitely a replacement for the Politano type objectives last year, where you had to score goals with every team in the league. It's probably good they've mixed that up a bit, however making it a 3 week objective instead of a Milestone that you could do at any time is poor.

League SBC's will be back as the moaning would be incredible if they scrapped them and, more importantly, they're the only way to keep most common golds relevant. Especially with the way they've toned done marquee matchups requirements in the last 2 years.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

16 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

I would say of the games I win, 75% end up like this. I should be absolutely hosing people about 8-0 but this game just won’t allow it to happen

03FBC26E-C347-48A4-AB09-90F99A00E300.thumb.jpeg.d560869644111d82ee4df60e41b30fe9.jpeg

Aye, I feel this too.

I've also had it the other way round where I'm the one who should be getting battered, yet I get a chance to snatch something.

It's as if it wants to try and funnel the game towards sweating it out to avoid a draw to generate 'excitement'

PES does the same stuff, I was just more used to what to look out for to see it coming.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Found myself on a bad run of form and taking some real battering. After getting back into div5 and starting with 2 comfortable wins I started using different teams to get some objectives but got relegated to div 6 and teetering on 7, hopefully get some form back when I go back to my main squad. I have done well trading, sitting at about 500k and managed to add Rues plus complete the Bellarabi SBC opting for the shooting card and repositioning as a RF to bolster my striking options. 

First time in years I've bought a Fifa, last one would have been 15 or 16 I think. Ultimate Team was simply a case of buying players and creating a team. Don't think there were any weekly challenges etc. Interested to see how they are. 

Going to give it a go tonight, looking forward to throwing the controller halfway across the living room. 

ETA

I am incredibly shit at this. Most games see me conceding at least 5. Tactics don't seem to have changed too much since the last time I played, everyone seems to go for speed and just play through balls which I can't contend with. 

Edited by UAE1929

Finished weekend league 13 wins from 30 worst I have done in a long time usually get 14 with games to spare but not this time. Most teams playing 1 width and depth really furstrates me and holding Triangle sending there player right through my defence.  if that didnt work my players just seemed to pass the ball directly back to them.  I had 5 games left to get one win absolute criminal game.

got rid of the whole team in furstration so now need a rebuild also new tactics clearly as ones I was using are of no benefit. only have 130k to fund new players.

I've just managed to get Gold 3 with 3 games to spare but for a long time it looked like I'd be lucky to get Silver 1.

Moved Rui Costa forward to play as a striker and he was frustratingly inconsistent.  He was either brilliant or awful in each game, usually depending on the way the opposition defended.

35 minutes ago, Wardy said:

How has everyone found Inaki Williams rulebreaker? I took his dribbling card with a Hunter, few games on rivals where he was absolutely rancid, then another couple where everything he hit went in.

I wish I hadn't done him to be honest. Similar form to you,  but I thought with his stats (I've done the same one with Hunter) he'd be better.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

How has everyone found Inaki Williams rulebreaker? I took his dribbling card with a Hunter, few games on rivals where he was absolutely rancid, then another couple where everything he hit went in.

I've only played against him but every time I play him my overriding feeling is that his 2* weak foot is an absolute fucking lie!!

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

Best player in my team by a country fucking mile. An absolute baller.

Started my games this evening sitting on 8 wins 8 losses from yesterday. Quickly got two wins, then two losses. Got the eleventh and then marched on to thirteen before experiencing some of the most ludicrous scripting I have ever seen.

The particular highlight was the boy who beat me 6-4. He went 2-0 up. I went 3-2 up. 45th minute I intercept the ball and play it back to the keeper, well that’s what I tried to do anyway. 35 yard volley for an own goal equaliser. Go 4-3 up, he equalises. Then I win a challenge with my last man and his player just walks the ball back off me and goes through one on one. Shambles.

Anyway eventually got to gold 2 with one game leftover so can’t wait for two 81 rated jobbers in reds come Thursday.

I'm flogging.

I'm torn between selling Auba and saving towards King Kenny or selling KDB and trying 89 Ballack in at CM.

Or is 86 Gullit a better card?

Edit again - has anyone used the Scream Kane card, in draft?

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

Is it just me or do keepers basically save nothing in the new game? Tried Oblak, he was terrible, now onto Courtois - the amount of times I let in 3 or 4 goals from the same number of shots on target is unreal.

Am I missing something regarding controlling the keeper?

Managed to fudge my way to Elite 3 again this weekend, by winning 5 of my last 6 games. I'd started like a train, going 11-0, but then proceeded to end up 12-5 which had me thinking I wasn't even going to bother yesterday. Managed to fire through the first four in less than 20 mins by virtue of rage quits, though, so decided to just go for Gold 1 and see where it took me. I did, however, rely on the subbed-on loan Mbappe winning me the very last game for Elite - apology swiftly issued to my opponent post-match. Hopefully we will see some better rewards this week than my red David Silva.

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Managed to fudge my way to Elite 3 again this weekend, by winning 5 of my last 6 games. I'd started like a train, going 11-0, but then proceeded to end up 12-5 which had me thinking I wasn't even going to bother yesterday. Managed to fire through the first four in less than 20 mins by virtue of rage quits, though, so decided to just go for Gold 1 and see where it took me. I did, however, rely on the subbed-on loan Mbappe winning me the very last game for Elite - apology swiftly issued to my opponent post-match. Hopefully we will see some better rewards this week than my red David Silva.

Scumbag 😂

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Let the haters hate.

France Crying GIF by Paris Saint-Germain - Find & Share on GIPHY

Loan players are there to be abused so can’t really hold it against anyone. It 100% should be removed though 😂

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

I've spent about 400k coins on picking up 85-89s which are dirt cheap just now. Hopefully sell on for more than double that when icon sbcs drop.

I did the same to a lesser extent with about twenty five Mandanda’s and Trapp’s earlier because they were 800-900 coins. Might go all in and punt a lot more into because I’ve got 160k to play with.

Loan players are there to be abused so can’t really hold it against anyone. It 100% should be removed though [emoji23]  

Oh, without a doubt. Mbappe would slot right into my team on full chem but I wouldn't dream of that; I only flung him on because I was behind in my last game and the difference was 20k, a player pick and a pack of three guaranteed IFs. I'd noticed that fodder players were dirt cheap, but not that icon SBCs were returning this year. Might well join you lads in investing during SB rewards next week, as I've got 450k sitting about at the moment. 

ETA: Ter Stegen is looking very cheap on that front. Strong links to Pique/Busquets/Kroos and a weak one to Casemiro etc - he will be my man.

Edited by the_bully_wee