FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Scraped together the Bundesliga guaranteed to be presented with Hummels. Delighted. Somehow managed to put together the second one and got Lacroix so a bit better and fits the team. Meant having to complete Rousillon though.

8806803F-5DFE-45D3-9A8A-20ECD52D0231.thumb.jpeg.f4b30d10c6a5a0da69220c847dcaba35.jpeg

After sacking off FIFA, I thought I'd finally give PES a shot.  Realised that after just accepting FIFA was the better product, I'd never actually given the alternative a proper go.  Played a few days of it, and...well, I can see why FIFA is dominant.  Arguably, the actual match is better in PES, although the better description would be "different".  It's definitely slower, and it seems a lot less on rails, bit more natural.  When you're playing with shitter players, you notice it a lot more than in the mess of an engine EA have created. It also has a better presentation for the Scottish Premiership, and even though it's only the Old Firm grounds present, it's still nice to see them be included in such detail.

However, that's about where the positives end.  The presentation is utterly horrific.  Boxy, awful menus.  A huge amount more features, but they're all just chucked at you and poorly explained, leaving their version of FUT a complete mess.  Not to mention that the player-base - at least from the very limited cases I've seen - are just as cuntish as on FIFA.  Online games are the similar mix of arseholery and meta, and that's when I can actually get a game.  The two I actually managed to get through with, one DC'd halfway through, and the other was a dick.  And those took a long time to set up.  

EA could destroy Konami as a competitor if they wanted.  They do so much well when you compare the two, but that just makes the decisions they're making all the sadder.  They know with the community they've got and the competition they have, that they're essentially safe.  It sounds like this new version of PES is concentrating on a new engine, which is all well and good, but the problems are far, far deeper than that.  Can't see anything other than EA winning the day again, and continuing down their current path of making the game more of a chore to play.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

After sacking off FIFA, I thought I'd finally give PES a shot.  Realised that after just accepting FIFA was the better product, I'd never actually given the alternative a proper go.  Played a few days of it, and...well, I can see why FIFA is dominant.  Arguably, the actual match is better in PES, although the better description would be "different".  It's definitely slower, and it seems a lot less on rails, bit more natural.  When you're playing with shitter players, you notice it a lot more than in the mess of an engine EA have created. It also has a better presentation for the Scottish Premiership, and even though it's only the Old Firm grounds present, it's still nice to see them be included in such detail.

However, that's about where the positives end.  The presentation is utterly horrific.  Boxy, awful menus.  A huge amount more features, but they're all just chucked at you and poorly explained, leaving their version of FUT a complete mess.  Not to mention that the player-base - at least from the very limited cases I've seen - are just as cuntish as on FIFA.  Online games are the similar mix of arseholery and meta, and that's when I can actually get a game.  The two I actually managed to get through with, one DC'd halfway through, and the other was a dick.  And those took a long time to set up.  

EA could destroy Konami as a competitor if they wanted.  They do so much well when you compare the two, but that just makes the decisions they're making all the sadder.  They know with the community they've got and the competition they have, that they're essentially safe.  It sounds like this new version of PES is concentrating on a new engine, which is all well and good, but the problems are far, far deeper than that.  Can't see anything other than EA winning the day again, and continuing down their current path of making the game more of a chore to play.

PES's presentation has been the problem for a long, long time. They've never really moved on from the days of the PS2, even the fonts haven't really changed.

I don't actually think Konami know to truly rip it up and start all over at this point. The act of playing the game is the most important thing in a football game but it's not the only thing and it's reflected perfectly in PES games. Their presentation will always be a clunky, joyless mess. If they scrapped and totally revamped, bought a few more high quality licenses and improved their antiquated online mode, they'd be able to make a long-term run at it as folk are sick of FIFA's match engine. But they won't.

Played FIFA for the 1st time in 3 months and then I remembered why it's been 3 months. To play ultimate is just too much of and financial and time investment. I appreciate if players are good but the cards and stats are just getting ridiculous. Really hoping that packs become unlockable through in game achievement as opposed to purchasable with points/cash. 

FIFA is becoming the rich/sad mans game 🤣

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

It’d be depressing if I wasn’t so used to it. Not a single walkout from about ten packs either.

3161C08F-FED4-44CD-971C-8A416AD3A440.thumb.jpeg.a035a14b5d2553ac929a5300d89fd5ee.jpeg

Those are actually usable! Just think, someone, somewhere will have the same packs and the best players will be Berardi and Romero!

This is what I’m rolling with at the moment. I only added Walker last night , so I’m clearly rooting for City on Saturday night. Other observations would be that for a free card Amiri is really good and Rooney is still the best striker I’ve used. I even packed TOTS Lukaku the other day and binned him after a few matches as he isn’t nearly as good. (Damn the stats!) 

571950D2-71FA-473C-AB14-CEA58C5EBD81.jpeg

10 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

It’d be depressing if I wasn’t so used to it. Not a single walkout from about ten packs either.

3161C08F-FED4-44CD-971C-8A416AD3A440.thumb.jpeg.a035a14b5d2553ac929a5300d89fd5ee.jpeg

Those are good reds, you wanting Ronaldo and Messi every week?

4 hours ago, #Gary said:

Those are good reds, you wanting Ronaldo and Messi every week?

Given I’ve had sweet f**k all from rewards all year, I don’t think hitting a card worth over 250k just once this year would be too much to ask 👍🏼

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Am I the only one still playing lol

It's got to the f**k it time of the year, so I spent 500k on Ultimate packs and got...... a UCL Szczęsny as my best player!

I think a lot of people do chuck it after TOTS. It's kind of why FIFA will probably never change the availability of the best players in the game. When everyone has the best players the game dies off. Realistically the biggest kick up the arse EA could get was if the community game together and agreed to continue playing current FIFA with the best players in ultimate team instead of running out day 1 to buy the next game and starting UT all over again from nothing.

What people say they want and what their actions say are complete opposites with regards to FIFA.

I remember last year TOTS was the time the game just got stupid.  The engine is poor at the best of times, but once you jack every player up to such stupid levels for stats, there's just no difference between any players.  You get like 4 or 5 different templates of players, and it's just a case of exploiting your way up to a shooting position and pressing circle.  Repeat x times.  Those new cards they've just brought out look similarly stupid.

Ultimately though, EA have had another bumper year.  f**k all is going to change, in fact 22 will probably just be 21 plus.  They know by now that it really doesn't matter what they do with the game, enough people will keep playing and keep buying each new version.  There is no way of any kind of action taking place with enough people to make a difference.  Game's over.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland players SBC out today, despite tonights disappointment did it when I got up the road as I already earmarked plenty of fodder for it after seeing other nations getting released. Goes well with my PIM Dalglish...

I like the pack preview thing they've introduced. Pulled PIM Sanchez previewing a 45k pack. Obviously trying to see if this will help stop loot box lawsuits.

Not that I'll ever actually use this team, as I only jump on to play friendlies and grind objectives for packs and do SBCs as that's my favourite part of the game, but this is my main squad. Still haven't played a single WL game and have played less than 50 Rivals games all year. Why waste time in the ultimate sweat when you can (relatively speaking) enjoy the game and play the more relaxing game modes and still make a team like this? 

Screenshot_2021-06-23-00-41-05-822_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg

Edited by Dave

Fucking hell the game died on its arse this year! Not really logged on since Premier League TOTS.

This thing when you can preview the packs intrigued me. Its been on the go for about a week and I've not had one walk out from the previews which has included three 100k packs and two 125k packs 🤣

Nae doubt I'll be back itching to go for fifa 22 though. 🙄