FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Well I got Ederson then used my 4 duplicate Edersons to help me complete the Aguero SBC and from the packs you get for doing Aguero I got another TOTS Dias.

I've had Ederson x5, Ruben Dias x3, Shaw and Gundogan now.

I wonder who I'm going to get in rewards tomorrow....

Edited by #Gary

Started playing some squad battles last night just to try and get these couple of free TOTS for the fodder. I have "lost connection to the servers" 3 times in a row while 5-0 up. I don't even know why I'm bothering. 

13 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Mount from the guaranteed SBC.  At least it wasn’t Soucek I guess.

Mount is decent. I got Luke Shaw from the SBC which I'm fairly happy about. Rashford would be nice from player picks.

13 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I got Gündoğan, who is certainly usable but not worth trading an 87 squad for.

I also got Gundogan with my red pick (the other 2 were Saudi jobbers), it's almost as if it was a complete waste of time.

Mixed it up this weekend. Fodder collecting has enabled me to do three icon sbc’s this week. Shame I absolutely rinsed prem upgrades for only Dias twice because some of the La Liga players look very nice.

Started champs 3-1 so hopefully aim for gold 2 again.

BB4A1485-7B0E-4B28-871C-860A818B10BD.thumb.jpeg.6d0c0df6dbaf9c2c39aee38d628f908e.jpeg

Absolutely rinsed my club into la liga picks. Only this to show for it but he’s very decent. Best performance of the year in weekend league, went 9-3 today but couldn’t be arsed going for gold 1. 100k packs are always trash for me anyway.

95A785E3-C896-47F1-B20D-3B99056F9FB8.thumb.jpeg.d70e0b571af9ba97afaba904a55189d8.jpegB074E49B-3240-4416-8C11-1DFD2FB4BC8C.thumb.png.c8b30c3429717a0b8c6ddf9369cc024f.png

Edited by Sauzee#4

New Swaps season out, and a lot on Reddit creaming their knickers over it.  Looks likE EA have well and truly moved into the "we've had our fun, now remember to keep playing over the summer before FIFA 22" mode.  Was tempted to go back in and start again but I'm not sure I've got it in me to put together all those mixed sides in the bear-pit of friendlies.  And even then, once you've done it, what then?  Back into the WL?

It's sad the direction EA have driven the game down.  Granted it's given me a lot of time back, but still.  I used to enjoy playing it.

I don’t understand why icon swaps can’t just be a continuous thing from day one. Like a quest or something. Like 100 tokens available. Loads of different options whether it’s packs, icon players packs or actual icon players scattered throughout the season. A chance to even upgrade your base to a prime if you collect another certain about of tokens. The idea of swaps is good, but as others have said, by the time you get to this stage it’s hardly worth playing (my current situation.) 

38 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I don’t understand why icon swaps can’t just be a continuous thing from day one. Like a quest or something. Like 100 tokens available. Loads of different options whether it’s packs, icon players packs or actual icon players scattered throughout the season. A chance to even upgrade your base to a prime if you collect another certain about of tokens. The idea of swaps is good, but as others have said, by the time you get to this stage it’s hardly worth playing (my current situation.) 

If they did that, they'd have to dripfeed content, otherwise you'd have people completing it in 2 days or something.  Never underestimate how many absolute VLs there are out there that despise the game, but are willing to spend solid hours before returning to complaining about having nothing to do.  Anyways, never mind.  You'll get something similar to that soon when you can just straight up buy certain players in the world post-FIFA Points.  What a time to be alive.

Like so many other things, they've hacked at what was a decent idea and made it worse.  I think last year you had something like 20 different icons with different combinations that you could work towards, and it gave you some decent flexibility as to what you picked.  All your objectives were also in Rivals and SB.  I know that had its issues, but it meant you could combine with going after rewards.  This year they massively cut down on which icons you could have, chucked in packs instead (which they can better control) and made you go into the bear-pit of friendlies instead.