FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Giving WL a go for the first time this year and actually quite enjoying it. Every game has been competitive bar one guy who had 3 prime icons, and 96 Messi & Kimmich.

Certainly some... odd tactics on the go. One person who's sole gameplan was have Ronaldo up top and just fūckin horse it forward any time he got the ball. Another who just flat out refused to defend, just ran the striker forward whenever he wasn't in possession 🤪

8/2 so far. 5 wins in a row tonight after a poor showing last night.

Beat a Rangers fan who wore a NI kit in my last game which was very pleasing.  

Pretty much got switching players with the right stick down now so I'm defending a lot better. Really worth learning for anyone that still uses L1/LB. You can nip in and make a lot more interceptions.

Since my last post in here I've done a prime icon SBC and 2x mid or prime.

Prime - David Beckham

Mid or prime 1 - Prime Roberto Carlos

Mid or prime 2 - Mid Patrick Kluivert

Team now looks like this:

Screenshot_20210321-015520.thumb.jpg.07683713c12705b410c95f0f05a375bf.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-015543.thumb.jpg.d3d551d268950377d58784966f0fa109.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-015558.thumb.jpg.a4ad0de6a36257814c80fe7aea0e3dad.jpg

All untradeable.

Bruno Peres was from the party bag last week and Lautaro from this week's party bag. Cracking options to have. Diatta is on another level though. Highly recommend as super sub (I'd be starting him if not for Garrincha). Kluivert just fodder for future. McGeady is also really fun but probably not a player for yours competitive champs games. 

I've mentioned previously that I'm a massive fan of Pulisic and he's had a cracking weekend league in that CAM position but I'm thinking about getting that new Orsic card and trying it out there.

Not bad start so far. I can’t move Eto’o to striker with Mbappe being in the team. He’s still just a pure cheat code in this game....

Queue an absolute meltdown tomorrow night...but hopefully not. 

371D9F59-7840-4602-B611-1FF80E580B79.png

FCE8E438-2352-43E6-ADBA-C5AEDE153BF1.png

CA43EC7B-5EC3-46CB-85ED-62B646502EB4.png

Relatively straight forward. Marcelo feels a lot better than Smalling. Nearly 600k in price difference as well. Absolutely mental. 

Gonna play and try and get to 16 for the extra player pick. 

Edit. Made it to 16. Both 84 rated red picks. Not bad for fodder I suppose. 

image.png

Edited by Wardy

8 hours ago, Wardy said:

Relatively straight forward. Marcelo feels a lot better than Smalling. Nearly 600k in price difference as well. Absolutely mental. 

Gonna play and try and get to 16 for the extra player pick. 

Edit. Made it to 16. Both 84 rated red picks. Not bad for fodder I suppose. 

image.png

Do you find out anything useful using that app? See its available for android now so might download it for next week.

52 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

Do you find out anything useful using that app? See its available for android now so might download it for next week.

Well looking at it straight away I want to improve my shot accuracy overall. 😂 I think if that was the mid 80s I’d maybe have won a couple of the tighter matches by just finishing a bit better. It’s cool see to see where the goals come from as well. I think when your son focussed in playing you don’t seem to care who scores or whatever. I was getting annoyed at Mbappe but as you can see he was well out in front as my top scorer and still wins me games on his own. Nedved as a CAM with his goal contributions is also very good. Eto’o probably doesn’t suit playing left CAM, but I can’t drop Mbappe. 

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Well looking at it straight away I want to improve my shot accuracy overall. 😂 I think if that was the mid 80s I’d maybe have won a couple of the tighter matches by just finishing a bit better. It’s cool see to see where the goals come from as well. I think when your son focussed in playing you don’t seem to care who scores or whatever. I was getting annoyed at Mbappe but as you can see he was well out in front as my top scorer and still wins me games on his own. Nedved as a CAM with his goal contributions is also very good. Eto’o probably doesn’t suit playing left CAM, but I can’t drop Mbappe. 

I've downloaded it. Looks nice and shiny enough to persevere with for one week to see if it's any use! Quite like the idea if having the past WL results saved too.

I used the app this weekend but I'm not sure it's taught me anything I didn't know: that I concede too much. Diatta also made it into my top 3 assists despite being a sub who didn't even come on every single game.

20210320_153331.thumb.jpg.006a34a49117c26127b75d637c2ab673.jpg

2 hours ago, #Gary said:

I used the app this weekend but I'm not sure it's taught me anything I didn't know: that I concede too much. Diatta also made it into my top 3 assists despite being a sub who didn't even come on every single game.

20210320_153331.thumb.jpg.006a34a49117c26127b75d637c2ab673.jpg

Yeah your games must be slobberknockers. 🤣 Also just from that info, if your pass accuracy was a bit better you’d probably concede less. I think once you start to record a few weeks in a row it’ll be quite good to like see if there are massive differences. Like for me, I just aim to finish at 14 and be done with it. But it’s good to see who gets the goals and if I can try and improve my shot accuracy which will help me win more of the closer games. 

Edited by Wardy

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Yeah your games must be slobberknockers. 🤣 Also just from that info, if your pass accuracy was a bit better you’d probably concede less. I think once you start to record a few weeks in a row it’ll be quite good to like see if there are massive differences. Like for me, I just aim to finish at 14 and be done with it. But it’s good to see who gets the goals and if I can try and improve my shot accuracy which will help me win more of the closer games. 

Best thing I did when I was pushing for elite (never made it) was to record my games and watch bits of them back. Pretty anal I know, but it really shows you the patterns you play, and the same errors will keep cropping up again and again and again. 

I really want to complete that Giroud, but I’ve played two squad battles games in the last two weeks and I can’t even bring myself to open the game just to do sbc’s so I don’t think it’ll be happening 😂

9 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

The new season starts this Friday so i'd imagine the Swaps will be refreshed then.

Thanks.

I thought I had seen it was this weekend but that was ages ago.

Don't want to redeem WL qualification if the swaps is there to fart about with this weekend.