FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

I cannot recommend highly enough that any of you with Ronaldo (ST)/Dybala in your squads add Kulusevski into the mix. He was underwhelming for me last week, but a change of formation and chem style (finisher>engine) has him absolutely flying. 46 goals and 23 assists in 48 games; I wish I could see his stats for just this weekend, because they must be unreal. Insanely good value at the 500k mark. I'm currently 16-2 which is the joint-best I've gone this year, albeit the previous effort a few months ago was chock full of easy games. I've had maybe four such games this weekend, and IF Nick Pope has been unbelievable against me in just about every game so I'm quite chuffed with where I am. Don't know if I can be arsed playing 12 games tonight, but we'll see. Gold 1 should be absolutely nailed on, and this gives me a good chance of getting Elite 3.

I've bumped up my defensive depth up from 5 to 7 after learning that this activates automatic offside traps, which are apparently handy for dealing with folk who constantly try to get in behind - can't say I've noticed the traps, but my entire team has been more compact and a lot less passive out of possession with the change. 

Grinding starts now for an icon. Bronze to silver, silvers into the upgrade for 4 commons golds.  9 common golds and 2 bronze into the 82-88 and repeat. Spammed bronze packs this weekend to get to nearly 2k players. Hopefully get a few decent fodders from the 82-88. 

Edited by Wardy

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Did the Mid/Prime SBC and got Mid (87) Okocha....

You know these SBC's are risky but it still sucks when you get a poor one from it. 

I'm yet to see a good pull from these. Don't have the fodder or coins to do one myself at the minute but my mate got Rush and I've seen a few bad ones on twitch (Trezeguet, Kluivert, Klose)

I finished the grind for Deco tonight, was pretty easy with mostly early goals and quit outs. Only played one game with him but he felt nice on the ball and has good passing which is about as much as I expected from him. Scored one finesse from the edge of the box with him as well.

I'm not going to bother with the mid/prime icon pack. Got some nice fodder in the club, infact I think I have enough to get it done or close enough. But for me the risk is not worth it. I'd much rather keep my fodder for a good SBC that would make my first team, at least you know what your getting. I'd be pretty pissed putting my fodder in for one of the many crap mid's.

Five wins on the bounce and an eleventh minute rage quit to finish 11-6. Could comfortably get 14 with the games I have left but just have no desire to do it and working early. Reds are always tragic anyway and my ten win bonus pick was no exception. 82 rated Meret.

El Shaarawy is an absolute joy as a striker. Fourteen goals and ten assists in 17 games.

Finished 11-2, no time to play on. Lost on penalties once but other than one rage quit that was a hard weekend.

Don't know what it is this year but I'm shite at penalties, seem to miss more than half of them. Was 2-0 up in the penalty shootout I lost and just shat it. 

In the last game the guy had some bronze championship player at RW to get Rooney a strong link and subbed on TOTY messi. He scored with the bronze from kick off and messi done f**k all for the rest of the game. 🤣

And breathe...that was tough going as I was 11-4 at one point. Then the 3 losses in a row happen, one of them conceding a pen immediately after I scored and it was a red card as well, ended up losing 5-2. Next game playing frustrated and lose like 6-1. Bear in mind the game before the 5-2 defeat, I’d just won 7-1. Ground it out in the end, and finished with a lovely win over a smashing Rangers fan who kindly fucked off after the 6th goal, sliding about like Bambi for most of the match. 

The extra red pick for another 2 wins just doesn’t motivate me enough to continue. Got 84 Coates after the 10 wins. Fodder. 

9FA467F4-8032-41C9-933A-885261997AE3.jpeg

ADB0A2A6-39B4-4133-AC5C-5B28A401403B.jpeg

15 hours ago, Wardy said:

Grinding starts now for an icon. Bronze to silver, silvers into the upgrade for 4 commons golds.  9 common golds and 2 bronze into the 82-88 and repeat. Spammed bronze packs this weekend to get to nearly 2k players. Hopefully get a few decent fodders from the 82-88. 

I'm going to do this. Still can't be arsed playing (especially now as I've got into No Man's Sky) so going to fire all bronze/silver untradables & off league players into the SBCs and sell the rest. Also keeping everything crossed I can pull a West Brom CM or CB from the upgrades...

I finished 11-11, with my exact win/loss record on Sunday being LWLWLWLW, I didn't fancy playing for another 90 mins so I just left it there.

The last game was interesting though. The guy scores a goal in the first minute of the game, I then get Boateng sent off for a last man challenge in the box and then save the subsequent penalty. He was playing 4-2-4 and I changed to only having 2 central midfielders. For some reason he doesn't bother to adjust and therefore I still manage to dominate possesion (69% or so) , and win 3-1 with a Rooney hatrick, who himself gets set off with 20 mintues to go, for a gutsy win with 9 men.