FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Genuine question - have they changed matchmaking in the early stages of WL to reflect Rivals ranks? I've played eight games today and all but three of them have been incredibly close; normally I sweep through the first dozen with most of them being against pretty poor opposition. If I wasn't playing alright then I'd have lost about four of my games so far. 

Also: those icon swaps 🤣 an absolutely pathetic offering.

I honestly just despair. Those icon swaps have got to be the worst we’ve ever seen. Just give us more actual icons to play for rather than these icon packs. The packs for like the 2/3 tokens aren’t bad to fill your club up but still it’s just so deflating seeing that tonight. No new icon SBCs as well is absolutely shocking. Couldn’t they have even done like a pick for 7 tokens between 3 different icons? That would have even been better. Deco? overmars? Come on EA, it’s February, just give us one of the fucking big boys to grind for. 

Genuine question - have they changed matchmaking in the early stages of WL to reflect Rivals ranks? I've played eight games today and all but three of them have been incredibly close; normally I sweep through the first dozen with most of them being against pretty poor opposition. If I wasn't playing alright then I'd have lost about four of my games so far. 
Also: those icon swaps [emoji1787] an absolutely pathetic offering.
Games closer for me as well, but each team having no keeper, in effect, is a waste of time. 4 or 5 goals each in most games.

The icon swaps are so shit! Sad thing is i quite enjoy doing the online stuff.

Think I'm gonna go for the packs and deco. Probs just use him in some sbc down the line too!

Played two games in champs last night and won both in extra time. As @the_bully_wee said, I don't know if I was just unlucky but f**k me they were hard games!

Done the Spain one nation token too in about 20 mins. Everyone doing golden goal again!

Edited by robosaintee

Played four games of swaps towards the la liga token. First game boy halfed my cb with Mbappe, got a red card and quit at 0-0. Then won three out of three. Two of the three not playing golden goal and waiting to lose more goals before quitting. 

Doesn’t bother me either way but you can bet they’d be pausing to quit if they went 1-0 up :lol:

Edit - 7/7 now but only 3/5 through ball goals. Definitely the most annoying part

Edited by Sauzee#4

That's 3 friendlies in a row I've won and when the other person has quit, it's disconnected me and given me a loss. Giving up for the night.

ETA: It turns out it does this once you've hit a certain game limit in a short space of time. f**k this shit.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

34 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That's 3 friendlies in a row I've won and when the other person has quit, it's disconnected me and given me a loss. Giving up for the night.

ETA: It turns out it does this once you've hit a certain game limit in a short space of time. f**k this shit.

Aye iv'e read about this. Seems like if you play SB game or any other full game on some other mode in between, it resets the 3 game limit.

Agree it's a really shit icon said overall but I think Deco actually looks pretty decent and fits this yeara game better than any of the previous years. I've used base Xavi not too long ago and loved him. Deco has all the right stats in all the right places I think. I'm going to do him this time around and the three 25x packs the next time around which I'll open when there's a promo on.

I’ve redeemed weekend league entrance, but as yet had no motivation to actually play a game. As others have said, probably take Deco from swaps. Decent enough card, not an absolute monster grind and my pack luck is shite so no point taking packs.

On another note I’m still pondering the Jones sbc. Has anyone here used him?

I’ve redeemed weekend league entrance, but as yet had no motivation to actually play a game. As others have said, probably take Deco from swaps. Decent enough card, not an absolute monster grind and my pack luck is shite so no point taking packs.
On another note I’m still pondering the Jones sbc. Has anyone here used him?
Jones has been great for me. Have played him as a stay back CDM in a 442 and getting forward in a 4231. Passing is very good and he is a big lad so doesn't get bullied, if he gets into position his shooting is superb.

Check out the guys review on Futbin.

Finished the WL with my usual circa 14 wins. The latest update has made the poor lack of keeper position even worse; I didn't think it was possible. Makes it worse for both teams but 2 or 3 each from the same number of shots on a frequent basis is not good.

Out of 29 games I think my keeper played in about 6 of them, and the first 1 or 2 shots being goals against probably the case in over 20 games.

EA must think lots of goals encourages pack buying?

Completed Jones and he’s gone in for Rooney just now. Could get Rooney back in at striker with a shuffle about but it would mean dropping Dybala and I’m just not willing to consider that because he’s an absolute baller.

Started weekend league and gone 3-1 so far. Passing is atrocious on this game now but what can you do. Got beat 7-0 by some boy from Dundee who spammed one depth, five at the back and long balls. The w****r messaged me “gg” after trying to get a response too but I decided to rise above it :lol:

Switched from the 5212 to the 352 on eight depth press after possession loss. El Shaarawy up top with Eto’o, Dybala at CAM and Ronaldo and Tav on the wings.

4089C095-9270-4C78-93C1-5F7860DEFF10.thumb.jpeg.e791ea09d8c3936d540ba999cf23926e.jpeg

I'm currently 7-7 and the possiblity of my first ever Gold WL is there. Gameplay was a bit patchy last night but I went on a nice 4-1 streak to end the evening.

The only major change I made this week was to buy Reece James and for 700k and he just isn't worth it. I'm punting him as soon as I've finished my games this week.

Edited by mrpaddyx

I’m sticking to the 4231. Got one tactic for starting the game trying to get a goal and another for when I’m trying to hold a lead (basically everyone come back on defence, no drop back tho) 

Currently 6-2, so in a decent position, 2 losses were a pen loss and losing a last min goal after my players decided to stop passing the ball properly while on the attack. Never mind...Rooney only on the bench for me but did come at half time in the last min loss game and bagged a Hattrick..😂