FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Has the patch improved the gameplay any? or is it still a battle against 1 depth and width folk who hammer the ball through constantly for pace? also the same old teams game after game. It out me off playing massively as the game wasen't enjoyable to play.

I did make a really awful squad comparing to other teams so not expecting to win games but I want to enjoy playing it.

Scored my first free kick with RC Last night and the guy quit immediately after it so I couldn’t watch it back 😭

Highest rank I’ve been in a while. I can see myself going back down to division 4 to do some more objectives though.

Completing the Eredivisie players was a complete slog due to everyone having overpowered Bundesliga and La Liga teams for Sinkgraven and Guedes. Some bundesliga teams had headliner Cunha and Gnarby and I’m kicking about with Berghuis and Tadic. Nightmare. 😂 but it’s done and all 3 of those milestone players are in the club.

Also since doing the UCL SBC a few times I’ve managed to get Roberto Carlos, McTominay, Dos Santos and Higuain. Spent about 300k liquid so not too bad. 

The other day it said that the managerial masterpiece only had like 4 days left? But aren’t the milestone players just there for the rest of the game? 🤔

50CE8C7A-FE92-4C77-BFED-EEADD0C98C88.jpeg

Edited by Wardy

5 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Literally no point playing this game 

80B0E226-1ECF-4244-8BB1-2118DEC656BC.thumb.jpeg.8add6f2e7e7c93aece011d8556f43b5e.jpeg

That Koopmeiners looks quite a good card though. Considering he’s the same overall rating as Tielemans he’s way better than him in all the stats that matter for a box to box. I had the chance to take him, but took Stones for PL objectives down the line. 

4FB4C59A-5AFC-4BA3-92AE-A20A64C53184.png

50 minutes ago, Wardy said:

That Koopmeiners looks quite a good card though. Considering he’s the same overall rating as Tielemans he’s way better than him in all the stats that matter for a box to box. I had the chance to take him, but took Stones for PL objectives down the line. 

4FB4C59A-5AFC-4BA3-92AE-A20A64C53184.png

Aye he’s alright but he’s getting nowhere near my team. Not a single red of any value this year, it’s no wonder I can’t be bothered to play champs anymore.

Spoiler

image.png.13b6b341e695ac8c917276a17b82a73b.png

First pick was between Ndombele, Tielemans and some jobber. Went with Ndombele for the French links, and he looks pretty solid. Malen should help with MM and going for the 3 Eredivisie players to link Koeman/Sinkgraven, I could end up with one hell of a hybrid. Need to win 4 more for Sinkgraven.

Managed to do Stindl PotM for <12k, only had to buy Bellarabi and Alaba to compete the second squad, rest was fodder. Have decided to move away from the meta and just try and enjoy the game, regardless of results. 

Watched a youtube guy and realised that even on 6/7 chem players still get boosts, so I'm happy with that - obviously on 10 chem they get a bigger boost but its not really noticeable.

I got Koopmeiners with my player pick, which could have been worse I suppose. What was frustrating is that on Division Rivals rewards I was only 20 points away from Rank 1 rewards but due to the cap on games I couldn't play any more to help my score.

John Stones and some 79 rated clown for me.

I think I've mentioned it before but I've played every single weekend league this year bar one. My best rated red pick was Mats Hummels. My only useable red pick has been 84 Carrasco.

Champs is still the game mode I enjoy most though. Got a long weekend off work so will probably get some rivals in tonight but I know it won't hold my attention the same way champs does.

Ndombele and Tielemans for me. Decent rated cards and premier league link for sbcs I suppose!

Not had a chance to get on at all this week so was rank two rewards about a thousand short but had three games left. Could have been doing with the Ultimate packs, tbh.

5 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I got Koopmeiners with my player pick, which could have been worse I suppose. What was frustrating is that on Division Rivals rewards I was only 20 points away from Rank 1 rewards but due to the cap on games I couldn't play any more to help my score.

On the flip side, maybe you were only 20 points off because of the game cap? 

I like the cap, means playing Champs essentially gets me double rewards for the same effort. just took the 40k from rivals rewards this time, got a few packs to open at 6pm tomorrow, and 4x 80+ player picks left. Have saved my 82+ Def/Mid/Attacker packs as well, just in case....

3 hours ago, deej said:

On the flip side, maybe you were only 20 points off because of the game cap? 

I like the cap, means playing Champs essentially gets me double rewards for the same effort. just took the 40k from rivals rewards this time, got a few packs to open at 6pm tomorrow, and 4x 80+ player picks left. Have saved my 82+ Def/Mid/Attacker packs as well, just in case....

Actually 20 points off because I bottled my last rivals game and lost without scoring. If I had got a few goals it would have been enough.

I ended up with Muller & Tiliemans. I can't complain with an 88, but it is just fodder all the same. Be handy for any Bundie Objectives in the future.

Enjoyed the gameplay today, played 7 .. 5/1/1. Nice boost to my skill rating, almost back in div4 after my slippery slide down at xmas time.

10 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

I always try & get 6000 points by playing no more than 10 rivals games. If I do it by playing less than 10, then happy days. Then the extra 8000 from the remaining 20 games from champs is more than enough to guarantee rank 1.. 

On 20/01/2021 at 07:54, Wardy said:

Not sure if it was the patch or anything but felt pretty good in rivals last night, back up to Division 3 with over 1500 skill rating. Lost to a full gold squad with a less skill rating than me. Not sure if he was relegating or whatever but when your getting done by a 77 rated Dan James you kind of sense it....

Thats my team right now. Socrates still holding on in there, still had a decent return in the 16 wins at the weekend there and was fine again last night.

Griezmann is actually really good, pretty chuffed with my luck with that one. 

Roberto Carlos very good, I have my full backs on balanced anyway so he’s always up supporting the attack but can get back pretty quick. I always concede from counters so doesn’t matter if your bombing forward or have everyone stay back it doesn’t matter. 😂

Will probably look to bring in Neymar and start him ahead of Griezmann with him coming on at CAM for Socrates second half. 

Neto is just a stop gap in goal as I chucked Oblak, neuer and Alisson all into Roberto Carlos. 😂

C712BEB3-FE9D-417B-A89B-7D3C00CD5FB7.png

I have certainly noticed a difference in the patch. I hit my highest ever SR last night breaking through the 2100 mark. I’ve always struggled badly when I get close to 2k as you start to play people at 2300-2400SR.

Smashed a couple of them last night, one boy who was 2350 I beat 4-1 with a 433-5.

Quite pleased with that considering I’m an old fucker 🤣

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I have certainly noticed a difference in the patch. I hit my highest ever SR last night breaking through the 2100 mark. I’ve always struggled badly when I get close to 2k as you start to play people at 2300-2400SR.

Smashed a couple of them last night, one boy who was 2350 I beat 4-1 with a 433-5.

Quite pleased with that considering I’m an old fucker 🤣

Think the patch makes you have to actually play football a bit more and think about the chance creation rather than just spamming step over skill moves. The worst fuds are the ones who Try and keepy up right to your goals. I Sometimes concede kick off goals but most of the time I just control my CDM all the way to the box and then switch to CB to nick the ball. It’s so stupid. Hate how you can just take advantage of the games blatant broken mechanics. Just play the fucking game properly not that nonsense. And for whoever says ah but if you don’t do these things you’ll never score is just blatantly lying. Granted I probably won’t get any further than division 3 but I’m happy with that. Not worth the stress. Weekend league is enough.

Ive not really bothered with friendly objectives until today as I hadn't seen any players that would get into my team. 

Sinkgraven is miles above any German or Bundesliga LB (other than Lahm) so he was getting got.

Good god the sweat in the friendlies was unreal. More so than i've experienced in Rivals so far 😂😂

This is my current team, start 451 and switch to this in game. Stoichkov is an absolute beast upfront. Keane has also been a nice surprise in midfield, not worth selling him just yet. Hoping I'll find a CAM/ST combo to update Teixeira and Talisca soon but still doing the job, if Talisca isn't getting in the game I'll sub him off for Headliners Lozano.

Can only echo the comments of sweatiness in friendlies recently. I mostly play friendlies after doing objectives and hitting rank 3 in rivals and it's so much worse recently. Quite enjoy equalising against wanks who do full celebrations/pause after scoring and then quitting, really seems to wind folk up.

Got a decent amount of packs saved including 86+, 84+ and two 82+ for each position. Can't wait to pack utter dross tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210122_002857_com.ea.gp.fifaultimate.jpg