FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Is the only way to get that Tavernier to do the SBC, I'm not too familiar with the different types of card and legit last night bought the black card rated 84 Tavernier, also got the Kent who is doing me wonders.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Is the only way to get that Tavernier to do the SBC, I'm not too familiar with the different types of card and legit last night bought the black card rated 84 Tavernier, also got the Kent who is doing me wonders.

To get the headliner card, yes the SBC is the only way.

If Rangers get 4 league win in a rows, the headliner will get another upgrade (seems likely) and will always be ahead on any inform cards he gets (TOTW etc).

Edited by mrpaddyx

47 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Prime Roberto Carlos is in the SBCs, I'm really tempted to skip TOTY and grind for him instead.

Aye I’m the same, I got him out of the prime icon pack from swaps last year and he was immense so I know exactly what I’m getting. Can easily build a squad like that once a week to get him, well the bigger ones, I could probably do about 4 with the cards I’ve got in the club the now. But at the same time I want to do Tavernier and McTominay. 🤦‍♂️ So many things I want to do. Furlough from Monday again though so maybe I’ll make some more time to grind upgrades and get lucky with fodder....

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

To get the headliner card, yes the SBC is the only way.

If Rangers get 4 league win in a rows, the headliner will get another upgrade (seems likely) and will always be ahead on any inform cards he gets (TOTW etc).

Cool cool, thanks for the explanation, might need to get that SBC done then. I am so bad at them though. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Cool cool, thanks for the explanation, might need to get that SBC done then. I am so bad at them though. 

It costs around 185k to complete the SBC. If you have only just started the game it might be a bit of a tall order to get it by next Wednesday when it expires. Probably the best thing would be to fire through Squad Battles and hope to get lucky with the rewards on Monday.

Or you could just pile a whole load of Fifa points on your account and pay to win *

* not recommended

8 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

It costs around 185k to complete the SBC. If you have only just started the game it might be a bit of a tall order to get it by next Wednesday when it expires. Probably the best thing would be to fire through Squad Battles and hope to get lucky with the rewards on Monday.

Or you could just pile a whole load of Fifa points on your account and pay to win *

* not recommended

Ahaha I literally put in over £1000 on Fifa 18 or 19, I had Schmeichel, Roberto Carlos, Maldini,  Viera, OG Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappe black cards.

Never again.

Biggest waste of money ever but it was so fun opening the packs 😂

Aye I just saw it was 185k. I managed to get elite 3 for squad battles but haven't played this year so I've no clue what rewards will be like, undoubtedly shite! 

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

Started champs with two losses. Sound.

Absolutely pumped on both games too!

I won my first game, then proceeded to get pumped in the next four, I quit two after I was five down by half time. Nowhere near it. 

Managed to get 4 segments of Bruno done. Just the 85/86 to do. I say just, they are still coming in at a whopping 337k combined. Pretty sure they have nerfed the 80+ player picks. Done 20 tonight & best i got was 4x83 rated..

4/4 on champs. I hate Fridays, drop back city..

3 hours ago, Wardy said:

Aye I’m the same, I got him out of the prime icon pack from swaps last year and he was immense so I know exactly what I’m getting. Can easily build a squad like that once a week to get him, well the bigger ones, I could probably do about 4 with the cards I’ve got in the club the now. But at the same time I want to do Tavernier and McTominay. 🤦‍♂️ So many things I want to do. Furlough from Monday again though so maybe I’ll make some more time to grind upgrades and get lucky with fodder....

I’m fully committing to crafting Cannavaro from now through team of the year. Done the bronze, silver and 82 rated squad for starters and I’ve half of the most expensive squad done. I’ve got 360k liquid coins, but I’ve got the rttf Alaba, Varane and Headliners Diego Carlos tradeable in the club plus some other bits and bobs.

Decided to play weekend league. Won my first game 7-0 with ten men, then lost two by one goal and then won the fourth game 5-2. Try and get the majority played tomorrow and leave a couple for Sunday to save me doing my usual twenty game stint into the early hours of Monday.

8 hours ago, thomas said:

Joined the dirty Taverner club!

First game with him, he scores a penalty 😂

What's Prime Moore like? I'm assuming he's unpopular as he's kind of slow and quite short for a centreback, but his price still seems very cheap.

That Tavernier card is very good, but it's a lot of coins to drop on a full back with poor links. Klaiber is better than him overall, and came packaged with Robben for a little over 200k. The one glaring weakness Tavernier has for me is his defensive awareness, which isn't going to get to a good level without 3 rating upgrades.

Was in a masochistic mood earlier so decided to enter Champs again, mainly to use Hernandez before I end up selling him. He is very good and his passing is much better than Mendy's, but there simply isn't 500k of a difference between the cards. To get him in on chemistry I punted IF Carrasco for Dembélé, who remains the most underpriced card vs performance on the game (run close only by Pope and Gomez). I've started off 11-1 which is good going, but it really ought to be 12-0 as I had severe lag in the one I lost. The lads I've played (admittedly, not up to much) haven't been able to handle it when I have subbed on Atal, Deulofeu and Dos Santos with the games tight or me behind. Cannot recommend completing the latter two as super subs highly enough; Dos Santos in particular is such a good attacking CM, with great passing and through balls which I just don't get from my starting duo of Frenkie and Gravenberch.

10 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

What's Prime Moore like? I'm assuming he's unpopular as he's kind of slow and quite short for a centreback, but his price still seems very cheap.

I had his base card last year and liked it do went for him this year due to being cheap, the pairing with Nesta has been working as one of them always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Pace wise I've no issues with my CB's probably helps both my full backs are pacey but tbh if someone plays a through ball at the right time it doesn't matter how fast your defenders are you're not catching them. I haven't played a single weekend league game so this is purely based on all other game modes.

Finished with 4 wins 2 losses last night but felt I was playing shite. Emre Can's 82 card is finally starting to feel a bit rubbish! Fed up waiting for TOTY now but I will. Should have about 1.8 million coins by the time it rolls around!

I've got about 120 packs saved and think ill build 50 or so of those player picks in the hope of getting lucky. Just about finished a couple of league sbcs and the sudamericana again. Hoping to have 200 odd packs/picks by the end of next week. If I get nothing from these packs I'm never doing this again! Barely opened a pack for 6 weeks!

1 hour ago, robosaintee said:

Finished with 4 wins 2 losses last night but felt I was playing shite. Emre Can's 82 card is finally starting to feel a bit rubbish! Fed up waiting for TOTY now but I will. Should have about 1.8 million coins by the time it rolls around!

I've got about 120 packs saved and think ill build 50 or so of those player picks in the hope of getting lucky. Just about finished a couple of league sbcs and the sudamericana again. Hoping to have 200 odd packs/picks by the end of next week. If I get nothing from these packs I'm never doing this again! Barely opened a pack for 6 weeks!

How are you filling your club up with players? Are you just buying the SBCs outrig through coins from playing the game?