FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

15 minutes ago, thomas said:

Anyone else received a special Beckham card? Thought it was for the Beckham related objectives but I haven't done the free kicks and it's still active.

Screenshot_20201215-111509_Companion.jpg

Everyone got it along as you logged in and played ultimate team before yesterday i think! 

Would make a cracking cdm IMO.

2 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Everyone got it along as you logged in and played ultimate team before yesterday i think! 

Would make a cracking cdm.

Not used him yet but he will fill a spot on the bench for my main squad, for now he's the RF for the Spanish league swaps as I had no-one else to play decent to put there.

11 minutes ago, thomas said:

1 more online swaps to complete but all I can say is get keepy ups straight up the park from kick off to f**k.

Or just blatant running diagonally through your whole defence and you can’t do anything. Someone did it to me the other night, so I just did it back. Think it was in champs. 😂

Just had my most disheartening game, pumped by a team called Queens 11 complete with Rangers badge. Only good thing was not quitting when they paused the game try to tempt me to.

Edited by thomas

Bundesliga token took me 35 mins give or take. 😂 you’d think theyll change it for the next set of swaps to win to a close (folk will still quit making it even more infuriating 😂) but at the same time why Change it when it’s just friendlies anyway and doesn’t affect your win/loss record? But then why put the icon swaps in this game mode in the first place? They surely knew this might happen...

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Bundesliga token took me 35 mins give or take. 😂 you’d think theyll change it for the next set of swaps to win to a close (folk will still quit making it even more infuriating 😂) but at the same time why Change it when it’s just friendlies anyway and doesn’t affect your win/loss record? But then why put the icon swaps in this game mode in the first place? They surely knew this might happen...

They’ll just put it back into rivals.

Finished my online swaps tonight. Battered through the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 and then had the displeasure of my shite Serie A team to contend with. Offline tokens to go and then I’ll have a nice baby Nakata for my reserves.

Few things ive noticed since the last update that really test my patience:

The number of times a simple pass is ludicrously misplaced directly to an opponent, who invariably will go straight down the park and score. Cracker in my last game - tried to slide Gnabry in with a through ball at the edge of the box to almost certainly go 5-2 up. Müller instead turns and passes it back the way directly to an opponent 🤣 Quick through ball to Aubameyang and in a flash it's 4-3. I end up losing 6-5 as the momentum totally flips.

The inability to "empty it" with either Square or Circle. It just goes about 20 yards either out for a throw in, or again, directly to an opponent, usually standing on his own. PES is shite for this too, but you can get round it by holding the manual pass button.

The blocks. EA claimed to have reduced the distance the AI can auto block from, but it seems just as bad, if not worse, than ever.

So many goals are the same - 6 to 12 yards out, far post shot. Keepers don't even move. These are boring both for and against.

The number of times the player ahead will make a run into space which puts the defender directly into the path of the ball. Where's the logic in that?

The number of times your centre forward will make a run from the middle of the box to beyond the front post when you are looking to cross, before invariably firing or heading wide. Again, where's the logic in that?

It's a decent game but it's also an absolute slog at times.

Edited by Todd_is_God