FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Struggling this weekend was actually 9-3 before I started today but I’m currently now 11 wins with just 8 games to go. Every match has been pretty tight or the opponent has been miles better this weekend. A proper slog indeed. I’ll try and battle for 3 wins in the last 8 games and see how we go. 

Edit: made it! Like I said in original post I felt the matches I had this week were a lot harder, every win I had tonight was pretty much a rage quit. The one to get to 14 was a 5-1 thumping. Switched to having Semedo and Mendy (off chem) back again, after using Atal and Telles to begin with. Marquinhos is good and I only spent 5k liquid coins to get him, but I really don’t think he’s much of an upgrade on Allan if I’m honest. Gabriel Jesus the usual unreal, Bobby firmino in there for chemistry instead of Talisca (a favourite of mine) and he did pretty well, 20 goal contributions in the 26 games I played with him. Son had 24 goal contributions (he moved up front for Firmino, and Coman coming on, for the LW position) Adama amazing of the bench for Mahrez, another who I’m not entirely sure about, and preferred Adama in previous weekends. Mahrez good against the weaker opponents with skill in behind, but when you need pace it’s got to be Adama. 

Back to work this week after being on furlough for a week and 2 weeks holiday so better get some kip! 😂

3E30E4EB-55CF-4A47-898D-CCA0AB73E872.jpeg

A75B5EED-0C1C-4255-AB06-957815BCC1E1.jpeg

Edited by Wardy

Silver stars is quickly becoming the most enjoyable mode for me. Four games to complete this week’s last night.

Went 2-0 down in the fourth game and I reckon the boy expected me to quit, but I quickly papped in four goals and he quit instead 😂

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Did I deliberately get relegated to division 8 to make online swaps easier?

Yes I did.

Did I get the Bundesliga swaps in less than an hour with my main squad?

Yes I did.

Do I feel dirty?

Yes I do.

Epl also done. 

41 minutes ago, Yonas said:

Alot are doing first goal wins on Icon Swap friendlies. saves folk time because friendlies count for nothing.

I've fired through the 12 EPL and Serie A wins in about 20 games because of this. I've noticed a lot of comments on futbin where folk are promoting it. I'll be honest there were a couple I didn't quit on as they were absolutely toilet and I refused to give them free wins, both I came back comfortably. But I did also quit on a couple other that went 2 up. 

Pulled Freeze Casemiro out of an 81+ double upgrade also which is nice. Will move him at CDM in 4231 in game and see how he is. Can only get Talisca to 7 chem but everyone else is maxed out. Need to start saving up for one of the upgraded Teixeiras.

1607975238012264143329364441946.jpg

If people want to quit when they go 1-0 down, that’s their prerogative and that’s fine. I’ve got no problems with that. 

I however, am not quitting to cheese kickoff goals from loan Mbappe for the boy to then pause expecting me to quit. Get yourself so far to f**k. Find it absolutely hilarious when you equalise and they quit. Wasting no ones time but their own.

6 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

If people want to quit when they go 1-0 down, that’s their prerogative and that’s fine. I’ve got no problems with that. 

I however, am not quitting to cheese kickoff goals from loan Mbappe for the boy to then pause expecting me to quit. Get yourself so far to f**k. Find it absolutely hilarious when you equalise and they quit. Wasting no ones time but their own.

I've had that about 3-4 times tonight, refused to quit and the other players insta quit as soon as I came back to lead.

I'll not be quitting games after going 1 down, I played 13 games to get the two swaps so far and easily went behind in half of them, one game I was 4 down and came back to win. The game I lost was karma for dropping down divisions as it was a strong Bundesliga team that was ripping the utter pish out me before I quit. 

20 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I've had that about 3-4 times tonight, refused to quit and the other players insta quit as soon as I came back to lead.

I’m fine going at 2-0, no worries. But the sort of entitled gimps I’m seeing saying it’s toxic if you don’t quit at 1-0 is hilarious. I’ve seen Nepenthez tweeting about it and I fully agree with everything he said about it.

You're all mental for not doing the golden goal thing. Finished all the online swaps in less than two hours. It was brutal last year in comparison. 

Think I'm going to go for the first three options with packs and do a base icon for the last one. Saving the packs for TOTY.

I’m all for folk quitting if I go a goal up, but I usually go at 2-0. I’ve done the PL and La Liga already. 2 leagues a night will be fine I think. Then one more with the squad battles. Get all the tokens, and then aye maybe a couple of the packs and then a base icon with the other 8 that gets released. None of the icons on offer are particularly glamorous. I mean I’ve got Vidic already FFS 😂

Edited by Wardy

Fully agree with NepentheZ take on it as well. Never once quit at 1-0 down. I'll maybe quit at 2-0 but only if it's pretty obvious the player is better than me.

One sure fire way of making me NOT quit is pausing the game after scoring.

Fully expecting EA to change the requirements for the second round of icon swaps now, and rightly so. 

PS I put my Nakata in a base icon SBC tonight and packed LB Maldini. I'd used him previously and loved him so I'm pretty content with that.