FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

52 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Icon SBCs were a step in the right direction but they are time limited, what a waste. Without checking i'd guess that Figo one is going to cost over a million, who has that sort of equity in their club to be able to do it in 30 days?

The price point is ludicrous. You’re paying more to craft them than to buy them on the market.

I think Figo isn't that expensive to be honest (I didnt look closely at the others). Even 88 rated cards have been dirt cheap for weeks so most people should have a fair stock of high rated cards to start with.

I'll be waiting for French icons anyway, but they don't seem unreasonable to me. Just a bit dull if anything.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I haven't really looked at the SBC requirements for the icons but people (not necessarily you guys on this forum) moan at pretty much any card priced over 100k 🤷‍♂️

They've given us no reason whatsoever to complete the season though with the awful selection of players again. Probably worse than the first lot.

I haven't really looked at the SBC requirements for the icons but people (not necessarily you guys on this forum) moan at pretty much any card priced over 100k 🤷‍♂️
They've given us no reason whatsoever to complete the season though with the awful selection of players again. Probably worse than the first lot.

Only slight motivation for me would be level 27 for the prime players pack. But last season I got f**k all anyway

5 hours ago, #Gary said:

You're right about that, and it often helps EA.  There is pretty much nothing that won't get moaned about on, say, Reddit.  Except maybe card designs, which everyone seems to w**k themselves silly over for some reason.  But if you moan about everything, it just becomes noise that you end up tuning out, so when they do something that deserves criticism, less are going to listen.  Suits them fine.

Yeah, the season rewards look pretty uninspiring.  Especially because now to get a good coverage and enough XP, and decent rewards, in a week you're probably going to have to play the best chunk of 30 Rivals games, probably about 10 Squad Battles games, anything between 5 and 20 friendlies games (depending if there's a player objective you're interested in), and then maybe some extra Rivals games if there's specific objectives you didn't want to do during the Rivals games that matter.  So say we keep that 30, 10, 10 and 10 for those, that's 20 hours a week JUST on playing matches.  It's just overwhelming, and not a lot of fun a lot of the time.

Doubt I'll be bothering with any icon sbcs, reckon they would be out my price range unless I got lucky it packs anyway. I did the Lewandowski POM challenge which is probably the most expensive set of sbcs I've done, I used futbin guides to help but think it came in around 200k all in and the rewards didn't give me anything of note to make back any costs. I have found myself with more coins than I've ever had in any Fifa sitting at about 500k after upgrading my main team, think I might buy an icon defender as I don't see any way of upgrading my defence that won't ruin the chemistry. Today will be spent hammering the bronze packs to build coins as the wife has claimed the TV till the St Mirren game is on,  I do need to find some time to actually play some games.

Screenshot_20201121-122746_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20201121-122803_Companion.jpg

Back on today after a three week break after the birth of my son. Gameplay is dreadful and the icon sbcs arena rip off. Some game! 

Built a Scottish team too. Do it every year and upgrade as special cards come out. No Ryan Fraser on the market though. Anyone know why?

Screenshot_20201121-203441_Companion.jpg

Sold Lenglet and brought in Alisson to strong link Van Dijk. Played 10 and won 5 games of WL so far. Not been hammered or that yet and I’ve been in all the games I’ve lost at some point. Sometimes just poor decisions by me, and sometimes the game just being the game...

09B4B04D-7966-4C0C-88E1-28620DBB1B1A.png

I just read that David Beckham is being paid £40 Million to appear in Fifa over the next 3 years. Which to put it into perspective is more than he ever got paid at either Man United and Real Madrid and would make him the 8th best player in the current Premier League.

Still, its good to see that all those Fifa points that kids are buying are going to a good cause.

Managed to get up to silver 1 with no losses but no time to play on. The auto blocks are a good laugh like. Next to impossible to get a shot away in the box of you gave the gall to take a touch first!

Here's a very exciting game I had. He had Neymar and Mbappe too. 

20201121_233032.jpg

Was going to stop at Silver 1 with 9 games remaining. Won the game to get Silver 1 6-0! So I decided to carry on. Will it be a good decision come Thursday? Who knows? 

After the few disconnects (I don’t think I had any on Fifa 20? ) I had to settle for Gold 1 squad battles. Glad I did as managed to pack Joe Gomez from the mixed players pack. I packed Alisson from completing the Saudi SBC (I know lads but it was there to be done 😂) so made profit as I just sold my Alisson I literally purchased the other day. 

Pack luck getting better, but a Neymar or an Mbappe would be nice. 😂

ADD15CBB-2093-4FEE-8850-B05EC3891C8A.jpeg

Have decided to go full untradeable until I get King Kenny. Taking coins from rivals too. At around 350k, his 87 and 90 are 1.3 and 1.6m so still quite a bit to go. 

Another up-and-down WL with my Bundesliga team, finishing 14-13, having been 1-5 and then 6-9. PotM Kramaric is incredibly lethal, although I'd imagine Lewa is slightly more lethal.

That POTM Lewandowski is quite good. 14 goals so far in 6 games (should have been 15 but i sneezed taking a penalty and fired it about 6 yards wide 🤣).

Had never really bothered with SBCs before, but given I was using his normal card anyway, for a net spend of around 225k i'm more than happy with the return.

20201123_193613.jpg

Screenshot_20201123-193624_Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20201123-193639_Companion.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

It's a ridiculous SBC when so many base icons are pretty crap. Only available for 5 days too, so you cant even use it as a back up for duplicate untradeables.

Typically I sold all my high rated cards between yesterday and today (still made a profit though).