FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

That’s amazing going considering you had to start a new account!

Don’t think I could have hoped for better. Keepers are irrelevant this year so all I can really improve with is Varane and Mendy over Lenglet and Lodi at this point.

The internal debate now is whether we destroy our soul with weekend league again.

Edited by Sauzee#4

1 hour ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Don’t think I could have hoped for better. Keepers are irrelevant this year so all I can really improve with is Varane and Mendy over Lenglet and Lodi at this point.

The internal debate now is whether we destroy our soul with weekend league again.

I’m gonna go for it this weekend. Still need to fart about with my starting line up though. 

Played a lot of rivals today and it only goes to enforce my view that the patch has destroyed the game. Dropback everywhere, an absolute clustefuck.

Redeemed my weekend league entrance and had planned on a Sunday session to play my games but I might not ever bother.

I have consistently for gold 2 (17 wins) since the start of FIFA 20 until now but have never managed to go beyond that.

I'm currently sitting on 11 wins from 15 games ... Which basically means I'm gonna win about 3 games tomorrow probably 🤣

First weekend league of FIFA 21. Counter attacking bullshit in every single game so far. Played 5 and won 2, both 4-3 wins. Lost the 3 games by a single goal margin as well. So ability wise perfectly fine. Anderson Talisca is brilliant at CAM in a 4231 in game. I play balanced for defensive tactic and long ball for attacking with Talisca basically playing as a secondary striker getting him to stay forward and get into the box. However this can sometimes be difficult because all you get is folk pressing and then camping in their box waiting to counter you. So sad. I’ve dominated possession in every single game easily 60%+ most matches, more shots and chances, yet the opponent had 5 shots and 3 goals. Same old pish. 

Love Kante in midfield, Dembele has been decent, Bellarabi on 8 chem is neither here nor there. Defence is a bit hmmm, Both decent on paper but getting caught with the counters (suppose it doesn’t matter who the hell I’ve got at CB when every p***k plays that way) 

Ill stop at that tonight and play some more games Tmoro night. Aim for 11 and take it from there. 

3F7313B1-3DD4-4511-8468-C73F75584272.jpeg

I was 5-3 when I stopped for tea. Came back to it and experienced four games on the bounce where I’ve basically been robbed from kick off, they’ve punted it forty yards and are through one on one with my defence nowhere to be seen.

Are you sure you wish to leave Fifa Ultimate team? Yes, yes I am.

Got to 11 wins with 10 games remaining but going to call it a night. Played ok once I got back into the swing of competitive, sweaty Fifa. Final win was a penalty shootout, not quite David Marshall, but Areola diving to his left to save the deciding penalty after a 4-4 slogfest was very pleasing indeed. 

Played a few games of friendlies last night, and for the first time this year, it was fucking horrible - Mbappe was just a complete cheat code. Playing against drop back sweat fest c*nts. Even in Silver Lounge it was bad, just without Mbappe. 

Hoping for some improvement later in the week, I've played 2 weekend leagues so far and got to 15 wins in both, hardly any proper drop-back merchants. 

Enjoyed this past weekend with my first owned Bundesliga squad

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1ffd4b972f02cb893a04b863e62cb7c3.png

Doubt you'll see much improvement.  I think the rot has very much set in with the game, and people have settled into the pattern that they'll use for the rest of the cycle.  People like to talk about there always being an update that ruins things, and although there's probably been tweaks, I expect it's just the point in the game where the majority turn towards the sweatiest tactics.  

Been taking a break from this, or at least playing matches, just mucking about with SBCs on the app. Think I managed about half of my Rivals games last week, and the rewards were pretty pish for a middling rank (because of course EA are gearing everything towards you putting an abnormal amount of time into the game) so it's just not worth it.  I'm not putting 10 hours plus a week into JUST Rivals anymore so I can play my 30 games, not to open a few decent packs and end up discarding 50 duplicates again.  I'll play the odd game here and there, but for me EA have fucked it.