FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

May all your walkouts be João Moutinho. In Rivals I could accept that behaviour as part of the game, but in friendlies [emoji23] come on man. 
I quite like the way they've done friendlies this year, always enjoy playing with silver/bronze squads so hopefully this continues all year. Don't understand the concern about playing them, if you go 2-0 down just do what everyone else does and quit, games don't count to your record, contracts etc so just go and enjoy them. 
Hoping to do rulerbreaker Talisca from rewards, and also have my eye on IF Paulinho. Packed Lucas Moura while completing Fati and he's such an upgrade on Traore. Fati has also scored so many headers from corners, another sign of a broken game [emoji23]. 422(2) in game, wingers told to stay wide & stay forward so I always have 4 on the counter attack.
Screenshot_20201029_001156_com_ea_gp.fifaultimate.thumb.jpg.26593e34c96fd7a0448d7dfc5fe1e48d.jpg
It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, it really is snake or be snaked. The boy had Neymar and Mbappe, so I think my need for the win probably outweighed his. I did ask him how many wins he was on and he wasn't up for saying, so I assumed he was on his last (I was just starting off).

Went and did Inaki Williams last night before he timed out today. Packed Ousmane Dembele from one of the packs. Rivals rewards were usual pish, but had a few players in there that went into the Anderson Talisca SBC. Went and did Moise Kean there as well. 3 wins out of 3 winning the first match 10-2. Easy street back in my comfortable division. 😂

Will get the Silver beasts stuff done to get the rare mega pack and try my luck again. 

I completed Talisca myself and mixed the team up as a result. He’s more versatile than Ziyech so I had to get him in the starting line up. Only gone and packed Rashford tradeable tonight now too 😂 so unsure whether to punt or keep him as he’s meant to be ridiculous this year

6A46D656-2EE5-473A-8FC3-173277418F8F.thumb.jpeg.1c35f5dd0eaf653b3631c25491d4323c.jpeg

13 hours ago, robosaintee said:

Packed Sergio Ramos from rewards. First good pull of the year. Punted for 140k.

Up at 350k now but not much i can do with the coins with a Bundesliga team! Dont fancy Haaland IF and Lewandowski IF is barely an upgrade on his normal card.

Same with IF Kimmich

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Same with IF Kimmich

I'm using Can and Gorecka over Kimmich. Both are better IMO.

Played one game in champs so far and won on penalties. I had 74% possession. What a fucking struggle it getting through these deep defences.

Went on to play my first 5 games of the weekend league tonight only to experience the worst lag I've had in years of playing Fifa.

Lost my first two games, both with several complete freezes in play. One pause lasted so long the opposition player was literally able to run the length of the pitch before I could control a player again.

Won the third game as I managed to score 3 early goals and they quit. My fourth game, I came back from 1 down to lead 3-1 when I got a disconnect and had of course been given a loss when I logged back in.

Gave up there and switched off. If the lag is that bad tomorrow I'm just not going to bother with the rest of the weekend.

I noticed last week that the Weekend League gameplay was really poor. I was playing Rivals for a bit and starting to enjoy games, which is what made me feel like playing Champs, and there was a very noticeable drop-off in responsiveness which was much less fun to play with.

After a good start while folk were still figuring out the meta (players), this has kind of settled into the same pattern as the last FIFA, but with more variance in finishing and better manual defending - and 4-4-2/4-2-2-2/4-2-3-1 being the only reliable formations when you are in the upper divisions. The vast majority of folk still try to bore the tits off you by keeping the ball for hours at the cusp of your final third, waiting for you to charge someone miles out of the defensive line or for a genius run from one of their strikers. Cannae be much fun in playing that way.

I liked Weekend League most at its inception when there were specific entry requirements: that kept it fresh, stimulated the market without excessive promos and stopped you from seeing and using the exact same teams and players week in, week out. The way it is now, which obviously isn't going to change as it makes it more accessible, makes the cycle a hell of a slog and has me feeling (to an even greater extent) like the grind is utterly pointless. The past two years I have totally chucked UT by November then swanned back in around May time and almost immediately been able to build a competitive team and mix with the folk with 6 months of a grind on me.

The binning of silver/bronze tournaments and leagues back in the day was criminal too: most of the fun I have had on this has come from trying to cobble together an on-chem, cheap team of silvers for the IF objectives every week. But even at that, there is then absolutely no use for these guys other than to get the next one. The whole mode is just set up as such an egregious money-grab, and it is quite sad to observe. I must sound like a war vet harking on about "the good old days", but I reckon I longingly speak about FIFA 13 at least twice a week. The sweet spot of the mode being popularised and not formatted specifically to line EA's pockets.

Content wise, for me the game is getting worse.  People seem to be pissing themselves with glee over the silver objectives, and although that's something new, the house always wins.  SBCs have been getting worse, or at least less imaginative.  Requirements growing while rewards shrink.  And with that French league player being offered in objectives, I think they might be doing what seemed unthinkable - getting rid of league SBCs.  I quite like the gameplay this year, and feel I'm actually pretty good at it, but EA seem to be doing everything in their power to eliminate the extra parts that make it fun, replacing them with ones that suit them.  Their perogative of course, but doesn't make it any less shite.

I'm usually more on the side of EA when people like to pull out all the big excuses for losing.  I don't think scripting exists, I don't think "momentum" is as big a thing as people claim it is, and I think "delay" is often just the canned animations being shite.  Most of the problems in the game aren't malicious and just because EA aren't very good at coding or using the engine.  And can't help but feeling like the complaints about those things often hide the actual problematic stuff they're doing.  If they remove League SBCs, it'll be one of the worst things they've done.

2 minutes ago, forameus said:

Content wise, for me the game is getting worse.  People seem to be pissing themselves with glee over the silver objectives, and although that's something new, the house always wins.  SBCs have been getting worse, or at least less imaginative.  Requirements growing while rewards shrink.  And with that French league player being offered in objectives, I think they might be doing what seemed unthinkable - getting rid of league SBCs.  I quite like the gameplay this year, and feel I'm actually pretty good at it, but EA seem to be doing everything in their power to eliminate the extra parts that make it fun, replacing them with ones that suit them.  Their perogative of course, but doesn't make it any less shite.

I'm usually more on the side of EA when people like to pull out all the big excuses for losing.  I don't think scripting exists, I don't think "momentum" is as big a thing as people claim it is, and I think "delay" is often just the canned animations being shite.  Most of the problems in the game aren't malicious and just because EA aren't very good at coding or using the engine.  And can't help but feeling like the complaints about those things often hide the actual problematic stuff they're doing.  If they remove League SBCs, it'll be one of the worst things they've done.

I was of the impression that French player was more along the lines of the likes of the Politano card from last year but I get what your saying. The rewards from doing segments of player sbc’s are tragic now. Complete an 85 rated squad and get a mixed players pack featuring a grand total of one rare player.

Just now, Sauzee#4 said:

I was of the impression that French player was more along the lines of the likes of the Politano card from last year but I get what your saying. The rewards from doing segments of player sbc’s are tragic now. Complete an 85 rated squad and get a mixed players pack featuring a grand total of one rare player.

You could be right to be fair, hadn't considered that.  Hopefully you're right too.  I just have no faith in EA doing something that isn't benefiting them, and I could DEFINITELY see them being interested in removing the big grindable time sink that was league SBCs.