FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

4 rage quits and a tight 4-3 win leaves me with this. I’m guessing folk are chucking the placement? I’ll happily take the coins then get papped down to my usual division 6 level in due course. 😂😂

That was the team I used as well. Nothing too fancy. 

2C5815DA-6A6F-4ECC-8E03-A8E940444132.jpeg

2D81347A-D9B4-4536-B9C1-05D929F294BB.png

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

4 rage quits and a tight 4-3 win leaves me with this. I’m guessing folk are chucking the placement? I’ll happily take the coins then get papped down to my usual division 6 level in due course. 😂😂

That was the team I used as well. Nothing too fancy. 

2C5815DA-6A6F-4ECC-8E03-A8E940444132.jpeg

2D81347A-D9B4-4536-B9C1-05D929F294BB.png

I went 1-4 in my placement matches and got put into Division 6. Its a lot easier than I found division 8-9 on Fifa 20 and I'm literally 1 skill rating point from being promoted even higher.

21 hours ago, #Gary said:

Just played against Ben yedder for the first time. He's basically a cheat code. Unplayable.

Decided I'd give him a shot, shifting the team about so I can get him in at CM.  Had to buy Ferland Mendy though, so adding him with Varane probably has people meta-seething at me. 

First game, 2-0 up in 8 minutes, both from the rat-looking fucker himself.  This is going to be fun.

Like playing 3-at-the-back systems but don't like that you defend like an U12s team?  Play any variation of the 5-* formations.  Seems that just by starting your full-backs a little further forward, they're fucking everywhere.  Backward you've almost always got five behind the ball unless you're being caught really hard on the counter, and going forward you're getting loads of support without ever seeming like you're queueing up to shoot.  Absolutely wonderful fun.

Up to Division 5 now, and passed the 1000 skill rating for the first time...well, ever.  Don't think I've ever been this high up in Rivals, and I'm still winning games pretty comfortably when I do.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

Like playing 3-at-the-back systems but don't like that you defend like an U12s team?  Play any variation of the 5-* formations.  Seems that just by starting your full-backs a little further forward, they're fucking everywhere.  Backward you've almost always got five behind the ball unless you're being caught really hard on the counter, and going forward you're getting loads of support without ever seeming like you're queueing up to shoot.  Absolutely wonderful fun.

Up to Division 5 now, and passed the 1000 skill rating for the first time...well, ever.  Don't think I've ever been this high up in Rivals, and I'm still winning games pretty comfortably when I do.

I started with a few Rivals games with Arsenal to get used to the game and really liked their 5-2-3 formation. Tried the same thing in FUT and found that I was getting torn apart on the counter a little too often, but maybe one to use once I have the players to better fit that formation. 

10 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

I started with a few Rivals games with Arsenal to get used to the game and really liked their 5-2-3 formation. Tried the same thing in FUT and found that I was getting torn apart on the counter a little too often, but maybe one to use once I have the players to better fit that formation. 

To be fair, I've been desensitised to defending after using 3-5-2 most of last year, and generally being shite at defending.  I feel like I'm defending a lot better, but there are still games I'm conceding 3 or 4 silly goals.  Luckily I'm still putting them in at the other end.  I know the dip is coming, and probably hard.  I'm unbeaten in something like 10, and I know the 10-match losing streak is on the way.

Finished 14/1 in WL. My best weekend out of any Fifa with my win/loss ratio and I’m actually surprised after reading on Reddit that everyone was struggling. Maybe I’ll regret not going on to finish on 17 but it’s half 1 and cba.

Managed to complete Jota last night after being relegated to Division 3. Actually held my own in the few games in that division winning about 4 and drawing once. Lost a late winner 3-2 in one of the matches as well. Still think it’s too a high level for me, but pleasantly surprised none the less. Brought in Daniel Podence to help with the Portuguese through ball assists and he was excellent, his shooting stats are absolutely woeful but he actually scored a few goals as well as setting up the final through ball assist to complete Jota. Only 1k and we’ll worth it for even just off the bench. He’s rapid with solid dribbling. 

Those marquee matchups are a joke, I’ll not be able to complete the one that requires a couple of common CL cards until they are well down in price to make it worth it. Luckily I packed Luke Shaw’s CL rare from a free pack, so he went in the PSGvMan United one and out popped Moussa Sissoko, so that worked out quite well. 😂

Edited by Wardy