FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

On 06/10/2020 at 16:38, the_bully_wee said:

Flog Ronaldo now and buy as many Wissam Ben Yedder IFs now as you can, as cheaply as you can, before he goes out of packs tomorrow. TOTW 1 is extremely rare and he will be one of the most coveted players in the game, I think his price could easily double for next Thursday when folk are building their WL teams. 

6A4419CA-53ED-4836-9860-0AFD71078808.thumb.jpeg.95caf7f1d482a5c099e0f28335133e42.jpeg

Took your advice.  Had my fun with Ronaldo, actually took a hit with his final price but I got these three for cheaper than they were going earlier in the week, by a little. 

3 hours ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

6A4419CA-53ED-4836-9860-0AFD71078808.thumb.jpeg.95caf7f1d482a5c099e0f28335133e42.jpeg

Took your advice.  Had my fun with Ronaldo, actually took a hit with his final price but I got these three for cheaper than they were going earlier in the week, by a little. 

No pressure, then! I think it's a fairly safe bet, you can never know for sure but I've just picked up his gold card and it is mental, so I can see this guy being very popular. I highly doubt you'll lose coins, put it that way. Would recommend taking one of the ones with a hunter on for a spin until it comes to selling time!

As an aside, Renato Sanches is crazy good in this too. His gold was extremely solid so I treated myself to his IF earlier, which is just wonderful. His passing isn't the best, but he is an absolute powerhouse.

Been having a lot more fun tonight since attempting the Jota objectives using a prem side. Don’t know if I’ve found a tactic that works but won a fair few on the bounce. Can confirm supersub Orsic is not a fraud like last year.

6AEDF5C6-ABF9-48BB-8B11-B8AE053A8909.thumb.jpeg.a7f007ff7edc4fe3c26db71eb9c0a0d6.jpeg

First two rivals placement matches the first one against an average team I get a disconnect as I'm about to go one up, second I get a team with 3 OTW and Calvin Lewin POM up front, I go 3 1 down fairly quick haul it back to 3 3 at ht finally losing 5 4 to a pen at the death. 

It also appears the SB glitch still works if anyone is interested.

16023217246544511422235892341692.jpg

Edited by thomas

3 hours ago, thomas said:

First two rivals placement matches the first one against an average team I get a disconnect as I'm about to go one up, second I get a team with 3 OTW and Calvin Lewin POM up front, I go 3 1 down fairly quick haul it back to 3 3 at ht finally losing 5 4 to a pen at the death. 

It also appears the SB glitch still works if anyone is interested.

16023217246544511422235892341692.jpg

Sounds like you got no loss glitched mate. Good to see the snakes are at it early this year.

3 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Sounds like you got no loss glitched mate. Good to see the snakes are at it early this year.

Not sure how that works but I think I got given a loss as I got the coins boost message.

I’ve gone from being placed in division four, losing about six or seven straight games on the way to being relegated and then nearly relegated again to going on absolute tear and getting back into division four. 

Give it a few hours there will be another meltdown on the way

Did to Gold 1 Squad battles and packed Pique and Eder Militao. Still sticking with Serie A. Those 2 will come in handy some time down the line, although tempting to sell Militao as he’s 30k+ right now. Sitting just under 190k after being on 5k last Saturday. 

Used some coins to upgrade the squad, notably Romagnoli, Perisic and Muriel. Packed Donnarumma from SB too actually, as well as Callejon and Nkoulou. 

AEA31CAF-A864-4525-A5C9-10745332D9AF.png

I played last years game for a week and never visited it again. Is this years much different gameplay wise? I don't care for Ultimate Team but that seems to be all the chat here [emoji38]

Was just wondering if anyone had actually played the game rather than just trading cards!

After playing through placement matches I've ended up winning the five games and put in division two. This is only because 3/5 placement matches the opponent was chucking own goals. I assume this is to avoid being put in a higher division? I'm now getting smashed in every match. Is there any way around this short of waiting to be put down to my actual level?

2 hours ago, true_rover said:
6 hours ago, The Moonster said:
I played last years game for a week and never visited it again. Is this years much different gameplay wise? I don't care for Ultimate Team but that seems to be all the chat here emoji38.png

Was just wondering if anyone had actually played the game rather than just trading cards!

At the moment - and that's important - I'm quite enjoying it.  The game seems balanced (as far as FIFA goes) and the matches are pretty even.  

However, I mentioned "at the moment", because in a few weeks, better cards will get released, and those that want to play the game just to exploit it will find out how to do that more efficiently.  EA will also do EA things and probably bring out objectives that lead people to relegate themselves, which would completely blow away the evenly-matched feel we have now.  Time will tell.  Hopefully things'll be different this year, but I'd be wary at the moment.

EDIT: Of course, all the above refers to Ultimate Team.  I've played barely anything outside of that mode, so a lot of what I said won't apply.  I'd imagine it's pretty close to last year's game.

2 hours ago, RossC93 said:

After playing through placement matches I've ended up winning the five games and put in division two. This is only because 3/5 placement matches the opponent was chucking own goals. I assume this is to avoid being put in a higher division? I'm now getting smashed in every match. Is there any way around this short of waiting to be put down to my actual level?

I'd imagine that's what happened.  It's hilarious seeing the kicking EA get - they deserve it a lot of the time, but the people that play this game really don't help themselves.  The placement games purely depend on who you get, and it sounds like from what people are saying, there's a fair few people getting placed too high.

Edited by forameus

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I played last years game for a week and never visited it again. Is this years much different gameplay wise? I don't care for Ultimate Team but that seems to be all the chat here :lol:

EjxCiTIWAAAQ55Z.thumb.jpeg.86ab529f82c40a4eaa492b32e3ade9b2.jpeg

Guess.

By all accounts you're now forced to run a couple of training sessions before matches, which is both boring and drains your players condition.

You get forced into press conferences with the same questions every week.

Your players will randomly go in a huff and demand a move.

If you try and loan a player without adding in a buy option the deal falls through.

Negotiating contracts with players is again a farce.

Player Career is seemingly even worse, as they don't bother recording goals/assists half the time.