FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Good to see the game isn't even out yet but people are playing into EAs hands buying loads of fifa points.

I saw that one of the streamers had something ridiculous like 300k in Fifa Points. These were probably sponsored but it still gives the wrong impression to all the kids watching of what is a realistic amount to have in your account. (Zero is the right answer!)

I admittedly spent a stupid amount on FIFA 20. All small amounts here and there but when I added it up I was shocked at how much I had spent on it! This year I'm buying the standard edition of the game and that is it. 

I'm actually giving it a miss this year. I have less time on my hands and with the PS5 coming out I want to focus on other games, whenever I do get a bit of time to actually do a bit of gaming. 

Normally I would have been all over the app at this stage, and probably would have purchased one of the 'special' pre-order editions, but at the moment I can't say I'm missing it much. 

I think it might be the first FIFA since 1994 I haven't bought (I had a few Pro Evo years in the early 2000s but still think I bought most, if not all of the FIFA releases).

5 hours ago, #Gary said:

I admittedly spent a stupid amount on FIFA 20. All small amounts here and there but when I added it up I was shocked at how much I had spent on it! This year I'm buying the standard edition of the game and that is it. 

I normally buy the best version then don't spend any money on Ultimate Team, done it for the past 2 or 3 FIFA's and it's made the game even more enjoyable.

Spent 10k coins on an 81 goalkeeper when I meant to just bid 650 and I considered uninstalling the game.

In the squad screen, if you select a player slot and hit LB/L1 to search the transfer market, when you're in the market pressing A/X selects 'Buy Now' instead of just 'Bid'. The 'are you sure' pop up window still comes up but of course I was under the impression it was asking to confirm my 650 bid. Done it about 4 hours ago and I'm still furious. Why did they change that for absolutely no reason?!

23 hours ago, Sauzee#4 said:

Dybala is goat level. Played two rivals placement games in a 442 with him at false nine and he’s scored nine goals in two wins. Absurd.

I packed him, so looking forward to seeing how much he rises once the game's out.

15 minutes ago, forameus said:

I packed him, so looking forward to seeing how much he rises once the game's out.

Tempted to sell but I reckon I’m going to keep him. Just packed Adama from marquee match ups and he’s extinct at 17k so I’m intrigued to see if his price range gets adjusted or not. Probably going to punt him pronto.

That's my trial finished. Played 6 games of rivals tonight and won all 6. Up to 1800 skill points, 100 away from division 1.

Hope to christ they don't patch the defending, managing to score 4 or 5 most games and only conceding 1 or 2. Really enjoying it so far. Good variety in attack and defending is much more manual. Only thing that could be improved is passing as I find that it locks onto the wrong player when you've got two options occasionally.

I packed Pogba from my preorder packs which I'm delighted with. Used his loan card during rivals placement matches and he was superb. Will monitor his price though and may still sell.

19 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

When is the best to sell? Straight away. Currently selling around 1.86mil

Great pull mate. 

In theory, prices should keep rising until next Friday (the first weekend league). So you could hold onto him a few days, at least until full release this Friday, and just monitor his price.

Other prices will increase too though. I'd figure out who you want to buy first and if selling immediately  would let you afford them, I'd be tempted just to go for it.

ETA: That's assuming you're not planning to reinvest the money in other investments to try and make even more profit of course.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I almost had my first rage quit last night in a Division Rivals placement match. The guy was light years ahead of me in skill level and after scoring 6 in the opening 25 mins proceeded to do trick moves the rest of the game. I ended up leaving my controller facing upwards for the 2nd half as it was clear I wasn't even going to get a shot, let alone any goals.