FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

EA have said there won't be a demo this year, which might indicate the game is cack and they don't want to put off people buying it by playing a bit of it first!

That said early play is available from 1st October if you have a EA Access. (10 hours only).

1 hour ago, mrpaddyx said:

EA have said there won't be a demo this year, which might indicate the game is cack and they don't want to put off people buying it by playing a bit of it first!

That said early play is available from 1st October if you have a EA Access. (10 hours only).

As a developer, this is a massive warning sign.  I hope I'm proved wrong, but going against what they've always done suggests they're either way behind on where they want to be, or that they're really not happy with what they've got.  Neither is good for us.  Hopefully it's just a general sense that they don't see the benefit in the demo, but...well it doesn't sound good.

Web app is being released September 30th and EA Access 10 hour trial from 1st October.

Just paid the 4 quid or whatever it is for ea access and cancelled it straight away so it's just for this month to get the trial.

Gameplay must have been in some state if they didnt even release a demo! 

For the first time in years I don't think I'll be buying a Fifa game as soon as its released. Fifa 20 was a shambles for months (certain aspects of it still are) and EA have already confirmed that certain content, such as some stadiums, will be released at a later date as part of an update.

Added to that, EA have also lost the licence for Roma which means that the San Siro is the only licensed stadium in Serie A. EA have also been pushing that they have the exclusive licenses for both Milan clubs which might mean something if both teams hadn't been in every Fifa game for years. It just seems a pathetic attempt to try and get one up on Konami.

The final point of my rant is that Serie B has been removed along with the Colombian and Chilean leagues. I get that most people won't have played much with teams from those leagues but, as someone who mainly plays career mode, the more leagues the better. I fail to see how EA can keep losing licenses/removing content but still expect folk to pay full price for what looks on the face of it to be a lesser game.

Web App due to come online tonight, with EA Access/Play for 10 hours starting tomorrow, Early Access on pre-order next week before the release...Friday I think?

Of course, content creators got it yesterday, and have spent the time since opening packs while dribbling simpletons watch along.  Am I the only one that has no interest in watching other people open packs?

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The soundtrack is, as expected, absolute shite.

Saw Royal Blood on it, but that's about the only one I recognise.  It's always borderline unlistenable to me, but then there isn't a fucking chance I'd ever get a soundtrack I enjoyed on FIFA.  Game'll be getting muted on day 1 and podcasts/music filling the void.  

Cheers Geoff.

Also pish.  Thank Shaqiri was the best.  Transfer market still locked so I'll fire up the EA play trial thing tonight and see if I can unlock it.

That stadium stuff looked promising initially, but just looks like gimmicky pish.  I'll be raging if I can't just use the plainest stadium all year round given you never fucking see it.

Also got heehaw from my packs. But should be an alright team to start off with. Had to quicksell a couple of shiters to buy Cornelius to really boost the chemistry.

Will be getting EA Play for the 10 hour trial this weekend and hammering out as much squad battles as I can stomach. 

Screenshot_20201001_125002_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

1 minute ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

How do you get up and going with the 10 hour trial gents?

EA Play (Access with a rebrand) one month code. Gives access to a 10 hour trial from this evening. 

If you preorder one of the fancy editions you get I think 3 days early access ahead of the official release date.