FIFA 21

mrpaddyx

Today EA released an official game play trailer for the next installment of Fifa, so now seems as good a time as any to start a new topic.

They are promising a whole new bunch of features such as enhanced creativity and control, the option to send players into space seems intriguing (although I'm sure it was done previously in Fifa 2004). I can't help feel that despite the extra time they have had to work on this edition, the upcoming release of the PS5 and new Xbox will split resources and both the current and next gen versions won't be the super duper Fifa that we have all longed for.

That said i'll probably still buy the PS4 version and hope. (Less said about the Switch version the better)

I saw PlayStation offering a 10% discount to returning players but you have to buy the ultimate edition with all that ultimate team crap included.  

Give me 10% off the normal game ffs. 

Interesting but not surprising to see the reaction to beta codes on Reddit.  Most spend the year talking about how shite the game is, and now they're all absolutely wetting themselves over getting their hands on the beta, to the point where some are offering to pay for a (non-transferrable) key.  And so the cycle continues.

Got a beta for Kick Off and Pro Clubs. shame nobody else to play clubs with.

Betas previously have always been great games and by the time the full game is out a couple patches later the game a has changed for the worst as they bow to folk who can't play the game.

Yeah, I've had the beta a couple of times and they don't represent the game on release or after updates anyway.

People also think they actually want feedback on passing, skills, shooting etc. EA are only looking for errors, major issues that don't work and crash the game etc. They don't care about gameplay feedback during the beta.

3 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Looks like a bit focus has been put on career mode, be interested if an hold my attention for longer than half an hour this year.
Not sure I can be arsed wi FUT this year (queue release day pumping in Fifa points)

I'll be getting it, but not going mad with FUT. Main thing will probably be a long term career with Saints on a harder difficulty, might pop in to Fut, but I've spent way too much time on it this year. Haven't really played any other games as any time on PS4 has been straight on to FIFA.

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks. My Son ploughed a lot of time into Fifa 20 FUT during lockdown, was regularly getting to Elite 3 so winning lots of packs, selling players, saving coins etc. Now has around 600K in coins in a bid to help him in Fifa 21 - only found out today at school he cant transfer over.

He’s totally p’d off about it. Any advice on how he can get a decent start in Fifa 21 ?

Just now, G-MAN said:

Right folks. My Son ploughed a lot of time into Fifa 20 FUT during lockdown, was regularly getting to Elite 3 so winning lots of packs, selling players, saving coins etc. Now has around 600K in coins in a bid to help him in Fifa 21 - only found out today at school he cant transfer over.

He’s totally p’d off about it. Any advice on how he can get a decent start in Fifa 21 .

Same for all sports games unfortunately but thsts how ea make their money! Staggering that people spend thousands on it each year.

There will be plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how best to start FUT. Best to check around the time the 10 hour trial gets released on console and they release the web app. 

On 31/08/2020 at 23:22, G-MAN said:

He’s totally p’d off about it. Any advice on how he can get a decent start in Fifa 21 ?

Aside from spending an insane amount of cash on Fifa Points there isn't really a sure fire way of getting a good team straight away.

Take the opportunity to have him playing video games that don't have this bullshit in them.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to FIFA. 

Good luck trying to convince him you don't need to spend money when you fire in on Day 1 and folk already have Messi.

As always, new ratings are farcical.

EhpY6gqXYAABrli.jpeg.f6f26088b2f74cc2120c0e374da36eb8.jpeg

Some have clearly been downgraded simply so EA can fire out multiple "upgraded" versions as special cards.

For me the ratings seem one of the more pointless things to complain about at this stage.  Whether they're "realistic" or "correct" or not, it all depends how they're going to play in game.  Having them perfect makes no difference in the inevitable case that the engine has specific weaknesses.

Decided I'd join one last weekend league after getting a few decent cards in the upgrades in the past few weeks.  Played 5 just there, won 1, and I think that'll be me.  Game's just devolved into seeing who can manouevre their 99-rated players into the best position to smash in an unstoppable shot, with slight variations depending on how many skill moves people can spam.