Livingston Designer Outlet FC v Hibernian FC

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm enjoying the thinly veiled aggressive postings between an Ayr fan heralding Shankland and a Dunfermline fan championing Nisbet. 

Hopefully it's to the death. 

#RIPitwasdrk. 

Oh m8

36 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Signed this evening for £3m. Not sure where Martindale got the cash from ??

I understand chicken shops are the favoured method at present. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

"On for a cap very soon" because he scored a hattrick against a dug meat Livi team?

Says an established league one club fan, who play in a 3 sided stadium. Doesn't get more ''dug meat'' than that.

Livi beat both sides of the arse cheeks last season and comfortably stayed up.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Says an established league one club fan, who play in a 3 sided stadium. Doesn't get more ''dug meat'' than that.

Livi beat both sides of the arse cheeks last season and comfortably stayed up.

And we played Efe Ambrose at LWB in a 51211 formation that should see us up for immediate demotion to the EoS league

We played essentially 8 at the back and conceded 4 goals

Edited by ATLIS

And we played Efe Ambrose at LWB in a 51211 formation that should see us up for immediate demotion to the EoS league

Imagine how many Nisbet would have scored if you'd play a more traditional 3 or 4 at the back?

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be honest I think your biggest issue might not be at the back but with your lack of attacking players (only on yesterdays evidence).

Its great to have Dykes, but the ammunition to the him was a bit on the predictable side and if the crosses from Robinson etc are cut off its either resort to the long throw or long balls (which is what Holt got you to do in the second half).

The crosses can be dangerous (there were a couple in each half that begged for someone on the end and one resulted in the pen) but setting up with so many defensive players makes getting an end result difficult.

Ambrose was pretty poor yesterday.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

To be honest I think your biggest issue might not be at the back but with your lack of attacking players (only on yesterdays evidence).

Its great to have Dykes, but the ammunition to the him was a bit on the predictable side and if the crosses from Robinson etc are cut off its either resort to the long throw or long balls (which is what Holt got you to do in the second half).

The crosses can be dangerous (there were a couple in each half that begged for someone on the end and one resulted in the pen) but setting up with so many defensive players makes getting an end result difficult.

Ambrose was pretty poor yesterday.

That, in my opinion, stems from not having enough attacking players close to Dykes which ultimately leads back to the formation and the 3/5 at the back.

I think we could all accept the loss of attacking threat if we were looking additionally solid at the back. We weren't. Full backs like Nicky Devlin standing off a good player like Horgan and three centre halves who were hopeless at defending their penalty box. All three first-half goals were avoidable and were so easy for Nisbet and Doidge who made it look like they were playing against one of our youth teams. 

Fourth goal was equally horrendous with Ambrose giving up tracking his man and Bartley clattering Halberg. It was all a pretty good example of the head's gone way we had approached the second half. We had 5 wingers/forwards at one point and probably would have conceded more if Hibs hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

Really concerning to lose so comfortably against a team who didn't have to work extremely hard for it. 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Because he's good at scoring goals and Scotland doesn't have many strikers who do that. 

If he was a centre mid he'd not have a sniff because we have a plethora of options, as it is who have we hot upfront? If Shankland is getting a call up I think it's a legitimate question to ask who is better between him and Nisbet. As a biased as f**k poster I'd say Nisbet. 

Aye I've seen games from players like that before, score a few yet achieve little else in the game. Obviously scori f goals is the most important aspect of the game but you aren't sure walking away, if they actually played that well? The raith player Vaughan scored a hat trick against Dunfermline, despite Raith being underwhelming for 75 minutes and Vaughan not doing much else, it's an odd one.

This hat trick doesn't mean he's made it, hopefully though it gives him a platform to go and do well, the confidence boost will do him good if nothing else. 

Add me to the Nisbet for Scotland club. Nisbet > Shankland every time. Although, the fact that the likes of Dykes, Nisbet and Shankland are seen as serious options at the moment is a pretty damning indictment on the quality of Scottish forwards. 

24 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

That, in my opinion, stems from not having enough attacking players close to Dykes which ultimately leads back to the formation and the 3/5 at the back.

I think we could all accept the loss of attacking threat if we were looking additionally solid at the back. We weren't. Full backs like Nicky Devlin standing off a good player like Horgan and three centre halves who were hopeless at defending their penalty box. All three first-half goals were avoidable and were so easy for Nisbet and Doidge who made it look like they were playing against one of our youth teams. 

Fourth goal was equally horrendous with Ambrose giving up tracking his man and Bartley clattering Halberg. It was all a pretty good example of the head's gone way we had approached the second half. We had 5 wingers/forwards at one point and probably would have conceded more if Hibs hadn't taken their foot off the gas.

Really concerning to lose so comfortably against a team who didn't have to work extremely hard for it. 

On the bright side its early season and a drubbing like that might see the last of such experiments and formation. 

3 hours ago, Bohemian said:

On the bright side its early season and a drubbing like that might see the last of such experiments and formation. 

That's my one hope for conceding so many goals, it'll make Holt bin this madness and go back to the formation that conceded only 5 goals at home up to the 30th Dec last season, over 10 games, playing 4 at the back. And that wasn't even with a regular back 4, Guthrie was the only player that played in the same position in all 10 games. 

I fear we're sticking with this shambolic back 3 with WB's though, and the team looking disjointed all over the pitch.

As good as Nisbet was getting in the positions to score, I don't think folk should get too carried away till they see how he does against the other teams, right now Livi's defence is a mess, not the best game to gauge how he'll do in the Premiership.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER