Motherwell v Dundee United

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

:lol: ok m9 

What's funny? Another loss against arguably two of the weaker teams on paper in the league isn't top 4/6 form so he'd be under pressure to turn things around.

Not suggesting his job would be under pressure, far too early for that obviously, but it'd be a poor start to the season.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Someone's desperate to start a Next Motherwell Manager thread :lol:

It's boring not having football! Ill be stinking out the Prem forum for another while yet! 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Note the Motherwell TV page has 'Live Audio in United Kingdom' detailed under the match caption, while the official club site states "Our first pay-per-view fixture will come against Dundee United at home on Saturday, 8 August. Kick-off is at 3pm BST."  

I'm confident we'll be able to view the match, however. It'd cut out a revenue stream if that isn't possible.

Yeah, the service they are using to live stream the match is the same streaming platform for overseas fans. Before the whole COVID-19 Situation, UK and ireland would only get audio commentary of games while the rest of the world got the full stream. They are using this full stream for season ticket holders and PPV customers so you should be fine.

Going by last night, I'm predicting we'll play half the team out of position to accommodate one player, who will then produce nothing, and then we'll wonder why it's not working for us.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Just Butcher and Harkes in the middle? I don't see it.

You don’t like the formation or you don’t see Mellon going with it?

Bolton and Appere wide with Shankland and Clark up front is about as good as we could do IMO.  Conventional four back line with Butcher sitting in front of them and Harkes slightly further forward linking play; hopefully the fullbacks overlapping on occasion.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Bolton and Appere wide with Shankland and Clark up front is about as good as we could do IMO.  Conventional four back line with Butcher sitting in front of them and Harkes slightly further forward linking play; hopefully the fullbacks overlapping on occasion.

Seems to me to be our strongest line up with 

Smith Edwards Reynolds Robson

As the back 4.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don't believe a two-man midfield of Harkes and Butcher is strong enough, and from how Micky has setup the team thus far I reckon he probably agrees.

Motherwell have put up an update for the match live stream. It simply is a matter of clicking the link and choosing the Pay Per View option.

Hope this helps for those who want to watch the match.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2020/08/05/next-up-dundee-united/

Edit i do believe you have to sign up for a MotherwellTv account (and cannot be bought right now)

Edited by Phillips455

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Motherwell have put up an update for the match live stream. It simply is a matter of clicking the link and choosing the Pay Per View option.

Edit i do believe you have to sign up for a MotherwellTv account (and cannot be bought right now)

Thanks for the info. I have signed up and bought my game pass using your link, so so far so good.

23 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I don't believe a two-man midfield of Harkes and Butcher is strong enough, and from how Micky has setup the team thus far I reckon he probably agrees.

The last United manager who disagreed with my views on formation and team selection is now managing a team in the league below us.  I am sure Mellon is well aware of this.

16 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Yup, account set up and pass bought. Interesting it has a "away team video" and "home team video" option. Would this mean United's commentary team on away feed?

Campbell and Turnbull to start in midfield with whoever Robbo thinks will provide a good balance playing with them. The front three is anyone's guess. I'd probably go Hylton, Hastie and Long but think Seedorf did enough on Monday to justify a start. Shankland gives me the fear.

4-2 Motherwell.