Championship strikers

Struck me this weekend that at least three teams are to a certain degree pinning their hopes on boys who've never really made an impact above the Championship before- Jordan White at Motherwell, Kevin Nisbet at Hibs, Lawrence Shankland and Nicky Clark at Dundee United.

How do folk think each of them'll get on?  If I'm honest none of them fill me with total confidence, White is presumably a backup for us but I wouldn't really be ecstatic with any of the others leading the line.  At a push I'll say Shankland is best placed to adapt to the top flight but I'll be surprised if any of the others reach double figures.

Anyone think one of them will do a  Greg Stewart/ Kane Hemmings/ Lyndon Dykes and push on another level or two?

Nisbet will probably take time to adapt, but thats fine as he is really just backup to goal machine Christian Doidge and we also have Jamie Gullan in the squad who will make a few appearances too.

As for double figures in the Premiership, these are the only ones that made it last season (appreciate it was shorter than normal);

image.thumb.png.2f00583e11670a51752e7b9518e39c68.png

Struck me this weekend that at least three teams are to a certain degree pinning their hopes on boys who've never really made an impact above the Championship before- Jordan White at Motherwell, Kevin Nisbet at Hibs, Lawrence Shankland and Nicky Clark at Dundee United.
How do folk think each of them'll get on?  If I'm honest none of them fill me with total confidence, White is presumably a backup for us but I wouldn't really be ecstatic with any of the others leading the line.  At a push I'll say Shankland is best placed to adapt to the top flight but I'll be surprised if any of the others reach double figures.
Anyone think one of them will do a  Greg Stewart/ Kane Hemmings/ Lyndon Dykes and push on another level or two?
Dykes was dreadful on Saturday I thought, on that form he ain't going to kick on but it was just 1 game. White reminds me of Ross Stewart and he did ok 1st season up. Are any of the names mentioned any more of a risk than bringing up a striker from the English lower leagues ?

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Nisbet will probably take time to adapt, but thats fine as he is really just backup to goal machine Christian Doidge and we also have Jamie Gullan in the squad who will make a few appearances too.

As for double figures in the Premiership, these are the only ones that made it last season (appreciate it was shorter than normal);

Obika was going to score hat-tricks in each of the final eight games, so it'd be unfair not to give him the golden boot.

Nisbet by a mile. He's the best all round footballer out of the four and I can't see him struggling to make an impact whether that be creating chances or finishing them. 

Was surprised Motherwell signed White as he is pretty fucking woeful, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Dykes was dreadful on Saturday I thought, on that form he ain't going to kick on but it was just 1 game. White reminds me of Ross Stewart and he did ok 1st season up. Are any of the names mentioned any more of a risk than bringing up a striker from the English lower leagues ?

Yeah i'd rather judge him on last season over 30 games than just the first one this season, our whole team were dreadful on Saturday, it isn't going to decide anything one way or the other where we finish, or how Dykes does, might even not be here the full season with the interest on him .

27 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah i'd rather judge him on last season over 30 games than just the first one this season, our whole team were dreadful on Saturday, it isn't going to decide anything one way or the other where we finish, or how Dykes does, might even not be here the full season with the interest on him .

Must admit was surprised you turned down a million unless it was instalments and performance related.  Good on you though England can pay silly money but expect to get players up here for buttons.

Football makes no sense.

Jordan White to outscore Nisbet and Shankland combined.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I think there’s more chance of the 2nd coming of Christ than White outscoring Nisbet.

Last season Polworth and White played together, White bagged 16 goals.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't think you've seen White play. 

I'll bow to your knowledge of the second tier.

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Must admit was surprised you turned down a million unless it was instalments and performance related.  Good on you though England can pay silly money but expect to get players up here for buttons.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

One million for Dykes is silly money in itself and if I were Livingston I'd be cashing in now before that bubble bursts. 

Peanuts compared to English prices though, 2M is what our valuation is, he's worth it. Supposedly that's Barnsely coming back with an increased offer.

k8FQAkSv_x96.jpg

RUMOUR - Barnsley are set to make an improved offer of £1.8m for Livingston striker Lyndon Dykes. #barnsleyfc #livingstonfc #transfernews

39 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Peanuts compared to English prices though, 2M is what our valuation is, he's worth it. Supposedly that's Barnsely coming back with an increased offer.

k8FQAkSv_x96.jpg

RUMOUR - Barnsley are set to make an improved offer of £1.8m for Livingston striker Lyndon Dykes. #barnsleyfc #livingstonfc #transfernews

Hope it goes through well done Livie for holding out. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nisbet by a mile. He's the best all round footballer out of the four and I can't see him struggling to make an impact whether that be creating chances or finishing them. 

Was surprised Motherwell signed White as he is pretty fucking woeful, tbh. 

^^^this