St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

On 20/08/2020 at 22:17, ali_91 said:

I didn’t think McCrorie played well at all first half, although improved after the break. 

Thought Ojo was the best in red tonight. 

As an unashamed McCrorie fanboy I had a keek at the thread, having watched the game, to see how posters thought he did and your summation was pretty decent.

You lost all respect when it came to Ojo.  The guy's a fucking charlatan and was dreadful for the whole time he was on the park.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Clark, Davidson, May and possibly Booth.

Booth ahead of who?

All the stattos claim Hendry is miles ahead of May.

Clark is poor IMO and don't think Parish could be blamed for the goal.

Davidson is decent but it's not like Craig and McCann are reserves?

Edited by Merkland Red

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Booth ahead of who?

All the stattos claim Hendry is miles ahead of May.

Clark is poor IMO and don't think Parish could be blamed for the goal.

Davidson is decent but it's not like Clark and McCann are reserves?

Booth possibly ahead of Tanser depending on the gameplan. Booth's a bit better defensively whilst Tanser provides more going forward. Hendry's best performances came either from the bench or as part of a strike partnership with Stevie May towards the latter stages of the season. May was latterly showing signs of becoming a consistent goal threat again after a slow start to the season. Neither of our goalkeepers are outstanding, but by virtue of the fact that Parish seems to struggle communicating with the defence at this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if Clark was straight back into the starting line-up after injury. We have massively missed Davidson and his style brings out the best in McCann. Like many other Saints fans, I am in love with Liam Craig. However, I don't think he's the best foil for McCann. For Hendry and McCann to succeed, May and Davidson must start IMO.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Booth possibly ahead of Tanser depending on the gameplan. Booth's a bit better defensively whilst Tanser provides more going forward. Hendry's best performances came either from the bench or as part of a strike partnership with Stevie May towards the latter stages of the season. May was latterly showing signs of becoming a consistent goal threat again after a slow start to the season. Neither of our goalkeepers are outstanding, but by virtue of the fact that Parish seems to struggle communicating with the defence at this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if Clark was straight back into the starting line-up after injury. We have massively missed Davidson and his style brings out the best in McCann. Like many other Saints fans, I am in love with Liam Craig. However, I don't think he's the best foil for McCann. For Hendry and McCann to succeed, May and Davidson must start IMO.

That's fair enough. I can't say any of them stand out to me aside from Davidson but I'm not the one watching St. Johnstone every week either.

I enjoyed reading an Aberdeen fan claiming Clark, Booth, and May wouldnt be regular starters for us, while being happy to accept everyone claiming Aberdeen missing Bruce Anderson and Ryan Edmundson is a massive blow.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I enjoyed reading an Aberdeen fan claiming Clark, Booth, and May wouldnt be regular starters for us, while being happy to accept everyone claiming Aberdeen missing Bruce Anderson and Ryan Edmundson is a massive blow.

Exactly.

And even if Clark, Booth, May, Kane and Davidson had all been on the bench (they wouldn't, at least a couple would have started),  it was the subs that made the difference in what should have finished as a turgid 0-0.  We had so few options available.

Having said all that, still a dreadful performance and result for us.

On 23/08/2020 at 08:11, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, because we didn't look much better playing with a striker yesterday...

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yes, because we didn't look much better playing with a striker yesterday...

My point was people were somehow claiming two players with about 5 combined appearances were bigger losses than 2 cast iron starters for us.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yet you were improved yesterday without them and were unlucky not to win never mind lose.

We had one shot on target yesterday from our full back and lost to a late goal after a Liam Gordon error.

How is that different to the Aberdeen game?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had one shot on target yesterday from our full back and lost to a late goal after a Liam Gordon error.

How is that different to the Aberdeen game?

You literally had a goal disallowed unfairly and then had at least two guilt edged opportunities that rolled along the face of the goal...

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You literally had a goal disallowed unfairly and then had at least two guilt edged opportunities that rolled along the face of the goal...

The goal from our one decent cross in 180 minutes, and the two "gilt edge chances" just demonstrate the problems, as twice nobody was near the rolls across the box.

I think we only looked better because Hibs are worse defensively than Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The goal from our one decent cross in 180 minutes, and the two "gilt edge chances" just demonstrate the problems, as twice nobody was near the rolls across the box.

I think we only looked better because Hibs are worse defensively than Aberdeen.

Now you're just being awkward.