St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not been convinced by performances at all, jury is still out on the new system. But .... results have been OK and it's early days, the result at Ibrox had a lot of caveats. 

Absolutely no idea about injuries but if May was 50/50 on Saturday then you have to imagine he'll be available. Expect Tanser to be out given the way the injury happened.  If McCart is still out we're looking really thin on the left. 

Parish

D.Mac  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Booth

McCann  Spoony

MOH    Hendry   May

Issue is if Booth has to cover for McCart, in which case I'd go with a back four and play Craig in the midfield between McCann and Wotherspoon. I expect that Callum will want either or both of Craig or Conway in the starting line-up.

If we lose Booth does that not mean we're down to our emergency left back cover options of Spoony or Craig? You know, the 'worst case scenario' that we were talking about only last week. Squad depth really playing part. 

Can't see us winning this. 1-1 I expect, Stevie May. Ali McCann to give Matty Kennedy a wedgie in the tunnel. 

McCart will be OK 

He was held back with hip knock and not risked on AstroTurf

May and Kane back in training 

No mention of Booth or Tanser so would imagine they are both fine to play

Source: Saints Twitter 

If we lose Booth does that not mean we're down to our emergency left back cover options of Spoony or Craig? You know, the 'worst case scenario' that we were talking about only last week. Squad depth really playing part. 

Whilst I agree with this, not once last season did we lose both left backs and it’s not like we’re ever in a position to have more than that.

I think what will be interesting is whether Callum Davidson will be forced to adapt and change his formation. In a way this might show us how fluid he is as a manager very early on.

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

Whilst I agree with this, not once last season did we lose both left backs and it’s not like we’re ever in a position to have more than that.

I think what will be interesting is whether Callum Davidson will be forced to adapt and change his formation. In a way this might show us how fluid he is as a manager very early on.

Yeah I'm not saying we need 3 left-backs, more pointing out that it just takes a wee run of bad luck and suddenly you're struggling. 

However it does look from the post above we're looking back to full strength, or close at least.

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Tbf he did on Saturday.

Set up with a midfield 3, seen it wasn't working and changed it at half time. Then a further change with Wotherspoon off, then another after the equaliser.

Only worry would be it took him until half to change the initial set up. Follows on from his refusal to sub MOH off on the opening day until half time aswell.

I think the MOH point is a touch harsh @RandomGuy.

If we take it at face value that he was coming off at HT ... the red card came in the 46th minute. 

My bigger concern is that we don't necessarily have the squad for either of the 3 up front formations and the team don't seem to be playing the tight football they were before the end of last season. 

Still very early days though. I'll take unconvincing performances and decent results rather than the other way round. If you'd have said before the first game we'd be playing a totally different formation with a number of 1st team players missing and Parish* in goal I think we'd all be happy with where we are. 

*Think we'd all agree Parish hasn't been, so far, quite the bombscare we expected. He's got some kick on him too. 

40 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Yeah I'm not saying we need 3 left-backs, more pointing out that it just takes a wee run of bad luck and suddenly you're struggling. 

However it does look from the post above we're looking back to full strength, or close at least.

Where are you reading  that both full backs are out .

Haven't seen anything saying such,and as above post from twitter I posted  no mention of either so would imagine both ok .

1 minute ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Where are you reading  that both full backs are out .

Haven't seen anything saying such,and as above post from twitter I posted  no mention of either so would imagine both ok .

I wasn't reading it anywhere, but McCart was out on Saturday and Tanser's injury looked like it could be nasty. 

Just pointing out that would leave us thin on the left side of defence with only Booth available. 

I don't read Twitter so hadn't seen that post, so thanks for that. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not like him to come out and announce we're looking at a specific position and hopes to get something done soon.

I suppose there's no point being cloak and dagger as we won't have a fit, proper first team, striker for a while. He'd be negligent if he wasn't looking. 

I still hope Anderson can take his chance. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The sheep's starting 11 should be interesting any idea's?

Couldn't tell you Willy. A lot will depend on how the guys who returned yesterday looked.

Lewis, Taylor, Ferguson, Ojo, McGinn, Hayes and McCrorie the only nailed on starters for me.

Just now, coprolite said:

I suppose there's no point being cloak and dagger as we won't have a fit, proper first team, striker for a while. He'd be negligent if he wasn't looking. 

I still hope Anderson can take his chance. 

In his interview yesterday Derek McInnes said that four of the eight were back in training, so Cosgrove and Devlin and two others not available. I hope that McKenna and Anderson are two of the four back. 

Not been convinced by performances at all, jury is still out on the new system. But .... results have been OK and it's early days, the result at Ibrox had a lot of caveats. 
Absolutely no idea about injuries but if May was 50/50 on Saturday then you have to imagine he'll be available. Expect Tanser to be out given the way the injury happened.  If McCart is still out we're looking really thin on the left. 
                         Parish
D.Mac  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Booth
                McCann  Spoony
             MOH    Hendry   May

Issue is if Booth has to cover for McCart, in which case I'd go with a back four and play Craig in the midfield between McCann and Wotherspoon. I expect that Callum will want either or both of Craig or Conway in the starting line-up.
Can't see us winning this. 1-1 I expect, Stevie May. Ali McCann to give Matty Kennedy a wedgie in the tunnel. 
Wouldn't have Spoony in a middle two.