St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

I never tuned into Sportsound, what was the final score?

8-0 Aberdeen, they broke rules throughout but the ref refused to punish them. Be interesting to see if the SFA or SPFL step in.  Seems the government are unhappy at the Aberdeen performance. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It'blic s been said today that there is no 'bubble'. 

It seems I got that wrong then. So, now that I am aware of my error, each of the players involved should be knighted. Aberdeen should have 6 points awarded for services to the SPFL and to society 

Their statement should really had a direct apology to St Johnstone F C.

We seem to have been just brushed aside as not involved in this at all.

Can't blame Aberdeen F C at all but we are going to lose out at the end of the day.

Sporting thing would be for Aberdeen not to play any of those players when the game is played on the 20th.

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Just as well there's no fans allowed at the games as with St.Johnstone fans so hurt that Aberdeen's response hasn't all been about them a boycott would have been a certainty.

TBF its a bit poor that nobody from Aberdeen has thanked the club at all.

St Johnstone have fully complied with the game being postponed, helped swiftly agree to a new date even though it inconveniences the club, made zero fuss at all about it, and the only public comment on it refused to criticise Aberdeen and instead made the point this is a warning to every club.

A wee thank you for acting with dignity shouldn't have been beyond a club who have had good relations with St Johnstone for years now. 

A lot of other clubs would've been a lot less helpful in our situation.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone have fully complied with the game being postponed, helped swiftly agree to a new date even though it inconveniences the club, made zero fuss at all about it, and the only public comment on it refused to criticise Aberdeen and instead made the point this is a warning to every club.

A wee thank you for acting with dignity shouldn't have been beyond a club who have had good relations with St Johnstone for years now. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The government requested the game be called off due to public health concerns. It wasn't some grand gesture of goodwill on St Johnstone's part and of course they agreed to re-arrange it quickly. What are they going to do invent reasons to drag it out so the game is played at an even later date?

The game being played 12 days later when most of the players involved will either still be isolating or at best just back in full training a couple of days at most so still far from peak sharpness really isn't the loss that it's being made out to be.

Aberdeen's players fucked up, no doubting that but they were still ready to play the game before it was called off so the martyrdom some seem to be claiming for St Johnstone as the wounded party rings a bit hollow.

2 minutes ago, resk said:

I reckon there's a fair chance the two clubs have spoken to each other about it. Are you wanting an open letter from Cormack or McInnes to your chairman or manager?

Seemingly we're lucky St. Johnstone didn't refuse to abide by the games cancellation and then refuse to agree to re-arrange the cancelled game at a later date.

We could have easily had an Estonia v Scotland mk.2  situation here if they hadn't been so magnanimous.

5 minutes ago, resk said:

I reckon there's a fair chance the two clubs have spoken to each other about it. Are you wanting an open letter from Cormack or McInnes to your chairman or manager?

No. I'm expecting Aberdeen to acknowledge and thank another club that had a clear reason to slaughter them publicly, yet chose instead to absolve Aberdeen of blame and instead focus attention on the whole nations worth of players rather than just your eight.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The government requested the game be called off due to public health concerns.

Yes, but it still required the clubs to agree.

St Johnstone have admitted they refused to fight the decision to rearrange the fixture.

They could easily have done so and dragged the whole thing out/tried to enforce punishments on Aberdeen, as other clubs would've done.

No. I'm expecting Aberdeen to acknowledge and thank another club that had a clear reason to slaughter them publicly, yet chose instead to absolve Aberdeen of blame and instead focus attention on the whole nations worth of players rather than just your eight.
Cheers, I'll add that to the ever-growing list of seething drama queen demands that I'm keeping for my own amusement. Not quite as box office as "rip up their contracts!" TBH.

Just now, resk said:

Cheers, I'll add that to the ever-growing list of seething drama queen demands that I'm keeping for my own amusement. Not quite as box office as "rip up their contracts!" TBH.

It would've added a touch of class to your club to have done so, at a time when its coming across really, really, badly.

I've no doubt Aberdeen will have done it privately, as the two clubs are apparently close off the pitch (especially since McInnes joined you), but it would've good PR to do so publicly.

13 minutes ago, resk said:

I hope this has happened.  I thought Cormack may have mentioned Saints but he didn’t. If he has done it privately then that’s fine.  Saints have been negatively affected here but there are bigger issues at play.