St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s Griffiths been up to now ??

Apparently threw a birthday party for his girlfriend (tbf not sure if he actively sorted it or she just invited people round) and photos went up on social media with folk clearly not keeping a distance.

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The Aberdeen players have been unlucky, really unlucky, that two of them are showing as positive for the virus. If that hadn’t happened then no one would ever have heard about this night out. So you would have to think , given the general IQs of footballers, that the probability is that almost every club in Scotland could have been in Aberdeen’s position this morning. 

What is unlucky about 8 players sitting round a table drinking alcohol in a crowded pub. There is nothing unlucky about it. 

These players, low IQ or not, have been stupid, irresponsible, selfish and reckless! They knew the rules and like that other idiot Leigh Griffiths, completely ignored them. 

These players decided  the rules that applied to everyone else didn't apply to them. Total arrogance on their part. The behaviour of the players has put lives at risk! That is unforgiveable! They deserve all the criticism they are getting and everything that's coming. 

No excuses! 

3 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

What is unlucky about 8 players sitting round a table drinking alcohol in a crowded pub. There is nothing unlucky about it. 

These players, low IQ or not, have been stupid, irresponsible, selfish and reckless! They knew the rules and like that other idiot Leigh Griffiths, completely ignored them. 

These players decided  the rules that applied to everyone else didn't apply to them. Total arrogance on their part. The behaviour of the players has put lives at risk! That is unforgiveable! They deserve all the criticism they are getting and everything that's coming. 

No excuses! 

I think you've wildly missed his point. If 100 people are to do something they're not supposed to do and 8 if them get caught then they're unlucky. Along with being stupid, selfish morons.

I'm not for awarding points but I do think Aberdeen should get a suspended points deduction.

In reality the 6 players who are isolating will be available the day before the rearranged game.

Will they be thrown in after no training for 2 weeks?

The 2 positive cases will be back before then.

Consodine will be free is suspension but so will O'Halloran.

So we could still face a slightly weakened team just not as much as could have.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The Aberdeen players have been unlucky, really unlucky, that two of them are showing as positive for the virus. If that hadn’t happened then no one would ever have heard about this night out. So you would have to think , given the general IQs of footballers, that the probability is that almost every club in Scotland could have been in Aberdeen’s position this morning. 

Unlucky?  How about “stupid”, or “ignorant”, or “selfish”?  All would be far more fitting.

These adjectives can also be ascribed to those who fail to condemn the players’ actions

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Unlucky?  How about “stupid”, or “ignorant”, or “selfish”?  All would be far more fitting.

These adjectives can also be ascribed to those who fail to condemn the players’ actions

The players are all of these things and can also be deemed unluckily, as the bar they went into was riddled with covid

There is no way these are the only 8 players in Scotland that have broken the rules. 

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye, it's just "really unlucky" when you get caught doing something wrong. 

As long as you get away with it, then it's perfectly fine. 

Is there not photos of a load of Hibs boys going out for food at a restuarant the very same night? 

Anyway, game rearranged for Thursday 20th. Is it to be shown on Sky? 

I think other players have been lucky, not to have tested positively, rather than Aberdeen’s having been unlucky.  Any player no matters who he plays for that has been sitting in a crowded pub, not socially distancing is thick as f**k and deserves any punishment he gets.

Is there not photos of a load of Hibs boys going out for food at a restuarant the very same night? 
Yes, its on the Sky.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There was an incident last year where a St Johnstone SKY game was postponed , I think maybe weather related? and the replayed fixture was not shown on TV 

The Live-Football-On-TV listing website is showing that Aberdeen match to be shown on sky though 

aberdeen.thumb.jpg.fc062790112121c0df15f2207595a465.jpg

Edited by Doctor

27 minutes ago, Bose said:

I think other players have been lucky, not to have tested positively, rather than Aberdeen’s having been unlucky.  Any player no matters who he plays for that has been sitting in a crowded pub, not socially distancing is thick as f**k and deserves any punishment he gets.

Thicker than everyone else in the pub?

1 hour ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'm not for awarding points but I do think Aberdeen should get a suspended points deduction.

In reality the 6 players who are isolating will be available the day before the rearranged game.

Will they be thrown in after no training for 2 weeks?

The 2 positive cases will be back before then.

Consodine will be free is suspension but so will O'Halloran.

So we could still face a slightly weakened team just not as much as could have.

I think this is a pretty fair post.