Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Golden Gordon

St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Recommended Posts

Lots of journalists and footballers outing themselves as Unionists recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They wouldn't have had the chance to make that call if your players hadnt been fannies.

I'll blame both your players and them, tbh.

Of course it’s the players fault ultimately, but as the saying goes, shit happens. Anyway, personally I would hope that Aberdeen would voluntarily not pick any of the eight players or Andy Considine for the rescheduled match. That’s not going to happen but it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course it’s the players fault ultimately, but as the saying goes, shit happens. Anyway, personally I would hope that Aberdeen would voluntarily not pick any of the eight players or Andy Considine for the rescheduled match. That’s not going to happen but it should.

Yep, The sheep are raging the game has been call off "social distancing or stand free"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The players involved of course should be disciplined but not just internally but make the consequences of their actions public.They have disgraced themselves the club the fans and been part of why this city is now in lockdown.

I am still angry at what has happened because all the great work and plaudits the club and fans have rightly received through community trust has been undone by these 8 players.Football in this country has been put in jeopardy by their actions so the punishment should be severe enough to set an example to all players of all clubs.

If it were my decision i would tear up their contracts and show them the door.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course it’s the players fault ultimately, but as the saying goes, shit happens. Anyway, personally I would hope that Aberdeen would voluntarily not pick any of the eight players or Andy Considine for the rescheduled match. That’s not going to happen but it should.

The more that comes out, the less it seems like its any fault of your club. If anything you should just withhold bonuses from the players for the game or something, your club shouldn't be punishing themselves by forcing themselves to be weakened.

Seems like St Johnstone players have been spotted around Perth pubs, and youve got Leigh Griffiths posting photos up of him hosting a house party with rakes of folk squeezed into one room.

The players are absolutely to blame, and need strict guidelines enforced on them all before they kill the game up here.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yep, The sheep are raging the game has been call off "social distancing or stand free"?

Willy's off his meds again.

4 minutes ago, ken es said:

The players involved of course should be disciplined but not just internally but make the consequences of their actions public.They have disgraced themselves the club the fans and been part of why this city is now in lockdown.

I am still angry at what has happened because all the great work and plaudits the club and fans have rightly received through community trust has been undone by these 8 players.Football in this country has been put in jeopardy by their actions so the punishment should be severe enough to set an example to all players of all clubs.

If it were my decision i would tear up their contracts and show them the door.

 

 

Good idea. Let's have million pounds worth of talent walk out the door and pay them off while we're at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The more that comes out, the less it seems like its any fault of your club. If anything you should just withhold bonuses from the players for the game or something, your club shouldn't be punishing themselves by forcing themselves to be weakened.

Seems like St Johnstone players have been spotted around Perth pubs, and youve got Leigh Griffiths posting photos up of him hosting a house party with rakes of folk squeezed into one room.

The players are absolutely to blame, and need strict guidelines enforced on them all before they kill the game up here.

What’s Griffiths been up to now ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The more that comes out, the less it seems like its any fault of your club. If anything you should just withhold bonuses from the players for the game or something, your club shouldn't be punishing themselves by forcing themselves to be weakened.

Seems like St Johnstone players have been spotted around Perth pubs, and youve got Leigh Griffiths posting photos up of him hosting a house party with rakes of folk squeezed into one room.

The players are absolutely to blame, and need strict guidelines enforced on them all before they kill the game up here.

The Aberdeen players have been unlucky, really unlucky, that two of them are showing as positive for the virus. If that hadn’t happened then no one would ever have heard about this night out. So you would have to think , given the general IQs of footballers, that the probability is that almost every club in Scotland could have been in Aberdeen’s position this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yep, The sheep are raging the game has been call off "social distancing or stand free"?

Did you read that back before hitting the “Submit Reply” icon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They presumably followed the "return to training protocol" by saying they had symptoms, staying at home and getting tested, and then isolating.

The Aberdeen players, by most accounts, didnt follow those procedures, so returned to training without informing the club they attended the pub, and were training while infected.

This sounds about right, from my understanding.

I suspect there’s actually more to it, which we’ll likely see over the next week or so. If the players were back in group training after two positive cases then the club, league and government are probably terrified the whole team is at risk and currently testing negative.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that number goes up, but who knows. It’s annoying but IMO it’s right to cancel the game and keep them all locked inside the Soul Bar until they know for sure who’s actually got it.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

The argument that the players are being harshly treated or didn't do anything wrong is a nonsense. 

They know it and they knew it as they did it. In all probability they discussed it before they headed out.  

I guarantee there is nothing in Aberdeens guidelines and procedures as a club that makes it  seem that going out mob handed to the boozer is ok.

They've certainly made a total c*nt move here. 

Simply put and has exposed the release system.

We expect everyone to do their bit.

Players are professional and only earn a decent living from playing games and entertaining the supporters. Many people are likely to lose their jobs as a result of the lockdown. So Aberdeen and all of Scottish football require players to comply with the rules.

Let this be a warning to all players for the league to be played out this season the rules must be complied with.

It is correct that this Saturday's match is not played allowing everyone at Aberdeen to address the  risk to their team and the SG the risk to the general public and in turn how games v Aberdeen can be safely played.

The game should not be postponed but in fact abandoned, there is little room in the programme for fitting in games of this nature.

Score awarded St Johnstone 3 v 0 Aberdeen.

The consequences of this are the attendance at matches gets less likely and that control measures at pubs should be scrutinised closely. My experience was taking my name and Mob was a after thought. Require drinkers to key in on line ensuring contact details are real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LiamDFC said:

This sounds about right, from my understanding.

I suspect there’s actually more to it, which we’ll likely see over the next week or so. If the players were back in group training after two positive cases then the club, league and government are probably terrified the whole team is at risk and currently testing negative.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that number goes up, but who knows. It’s annoying but IMO it’s right to cancel the game and keep them all locked inside the Soul Bar until they know for sure who’s actually got it.

Thank you.

Yup. To me they should he postponing all of Aberdeens games over the 14 day window from first positive test (Thursday?). Otherwise they cannot guarantee there won't be more of a spread.

Maybe that'll happen later in the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Aberdeen players have been unlucky, really unlucky, that two of them are showing as positive for the virus. If that hadn’t happened then no one would ever have heard about this night out. So you would have to think , given the general IQs of footballers, that the probability is that almost every club in Scotland could have been in Aberdeen’s position this morning. 

300px-Oof_Size_Large.jpg

Breaking rules, arrogantly ignoring their privilege, yet you are spinning it that it's just fickle fate. Something that couldn't be avoided.

You've said in other comments that the players should be punished in some form, but trying to use the "but other players have been fucking idiots, so ours shouldn't be judged too harshly" argument is giving them a free pass. It's a situation that could have been avoided, and it is entirely the fault of the players who failed to do so. Don't use "luck" as some sort of metric in that.

Edited by Ric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unconnected to my previous comment, and just in the round, it seems that that quite a few people have been really annoyed that the SG and Sturgeon have been seen in a positive light throughout this and are seeing an opportunity to fire in. That's politics, so you know, Johnson's clown-like shambling through this whole debacle has equally come into focus, and the SNP aren't perfect (no party ever is), but some of the jibes towards the SG can be seen for the transparent petty point scoring that it is.

Edited by Ric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Willy's off his meds again.

Good idea. Let's have million pounds worth of talent walk out the door and pay them off while we're at it.

They may be worth "millions" when they can actually do their job. They very quickly become worthless when they can't do their job as a result of their own foolish actions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Aberdeen players have been unlucky, really unlucky, that two of them are showing as positive for the virus. If that hadn’t happened then no one would ever have heard about this night out. So you would have to think , given the general IQs of footballers, that the probability is that almost every club in Scotland could have been in Aberdeen’s position this morning. 

Aye, it's just "really unlucky" when you get caught doing something wrong. 

As long as you get away with it, then it's perfectly fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

They may be worth "millions" when they can actually do their job. They very quickly become worthless when they can't do their job as a result of their own foolish actions. 

So you think Aberdeen should entertain releasing them?

The day they're released McKenna and Ferguson will be in talks with old firm teams and Cosgrove will be off to England. What a great idea that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Just listened to the Sportsound podcast - Stephen O'Donnell is a fucking muppet

I had to give up on it 

Friday podcasts are rarely great, will tune in for the grown ups today 

Edited by Frank Grimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...