St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

So are you saying the players haven’t broken any rules?

Even though the Club, Government & SPFL say they have? 

The club and the SPFL have said that have they? Would you be so kind as to provide a link because that news isn't on my Internet. 

15 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Sorry but there is a bigger picture here 

professional sport was given compensation to restart if they followed certain guidelines 

to date a golfer and his caddie, a cricketer (who missed a test match) English Premiership footballers and a horse trainer atGoodwood have broken the rules and been dealt with

dont know what guidelines the Scottish government have put for football but if the players have breached them the book should be thrown at them.

if government can’t believe that professional sportsmen will follow the rules what chance is there of them letting fans into games ??? Or the season continuing 

please please remember this virus has not gone away ( seems to thrive in confined spaces ) and the winter has yet to come 

winter is coming GIF

p.s. its dispensation.............................

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The club and the SPFL have said that have they? Would you be so kind as to provide a link because that news isn't on my Internet. 

The JRG includes members of Government, the SFA and SPFL

The Club conceded last night it will need to remind players of their responsibilities, a fairly glaring admission rules have been broken

We can spend all day arguing over semantics but you are either being naive or deliberately obtuse if you really think the players haven’t fucked up here 

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

The JRG includes members of Government, the SFA and SPFL

The Club conceded last night it will need to remind players of their responsibilities, a fairly glaring admission rules have been broken

We can spend all day arguing over semantics but you are either being naive or deliberately obtuse if you really think the players haven’t fucked up here 

The players have fucked up quite hugely and obviously.  It isn't clear that they have necessarily broken rules by going for a drink. 

You are either being naive or deliberately obtuse if you really think the government isn't spinning this to absolve them of any responsibility. 

We are down another 6-8 players for three matches and two of the players have a potentially (but hopefully not) serious disease. What is the point of the government tutting publicly about young guys going to pubs. They are just being grandstanding hypocritical b*****ds (aka politicians) 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The players have fucked up quite hugely and obviously.  It isn't clear that they have necessarily broken rules by going for a drink. 

You are either being naive or deliberately obtuse if you really think the government isn't spinning this to absolve them of any responsibility. 

We are down another 6-8 players for three matches and two of the players have a potentially (but hopefully not) serious disease. What is the point of the government tutting publicly about young guys going to pubs. They are just being grandstanding hypocritical b*****ds (aka politicians) 

The government statement did say there had been a "clear breach of the rules".

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Can’t say I agree tbh

I think it’s a fair leap to blame the Government because Craig Bryson fancies a scoop in Soul 

I’ve been a couple of pubs since Lockdown eased and it’s been pretty sensible 

I think anyone that goes to a pub that’s rammed is a bit of a moron tbh 

Wonder what team Aberdeen can put out?

Lewis

Hernandez, Taylor, Hoban, Logan

McGinn, Campbell, Hedges, McLennan, Hayes

Edmondson

Subs: Cerny, Wright, Ross, Virtanen, Ruth, Barron, 

No doubt I've missed someone out but that team on paper is still quite strong .

Edited by betting competition

26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Can’t say I agree tbh

I think it’s a fair leap to blame the Government because Craig Bryson fancies a scoop in Soul 

I’ve been a couple of pubs since Lockdown eased and it’s been pretty sensible 

I think anyone that goes to a pub that’s rammed is a bit of a moron tbh 

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Wonder what team Aberdeen can put out?

Lewis

Hernandez, Taylor, Hoban, Logan

McGinn, Campbell, Hedges, McLennan, Hayes

Edmondson

Subs: Cerny, Wright, Ross, Virtanen, Ruth, Barron, 

That midfield is way too attacking. Del will probably put virtanen and cerny in there. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

f**k it, give Virtanen a start I reckon.

Sitting two of him and Campbell, Mcginn, Hedges, mclennan ahead of them. Get Hayes to LB.

Surely with a good few senior players out he'll go with the likes of Dylan McGeouch in midfield?

Unless he's one of the players on the naughty list?

Just thinking, McInnes has not had much luck with what you'd call "no brained signings" that *should* do well that just haven't produced. Bryson and Mcgeouch being 2 obvious ones.

7 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Surely with a good few senior players out he'll go with the likes of Dylan McGeouch in midfield?

Unless he's one of the players on the naughty list?

Just thinking, McInnes has not had much luck with what you'd call "no brained signings" that *should* do well that just haven't produced. Bryson and Mcgeouch being 2 obvious ones.

The list I read included young Dylan, but tbf I don't know definitively.