Jump to content
Golden Gordon

St. Johnstone v Aberdeen (The Massey-Ferguson Main Event)

Recommended Posts

On the plus side if the seasons called Hibs get champions league spot....

Edited by Bohemian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Your problem appears to be annoyed that you as a football fan don't own your club's players and get to determine what they do in their own free time. It is simply none of your business - the only issue would be if it affected their fitness to play, and even then that is down to the manager to decide, not you.

Well, it clearly has done! As result of their actions at least 2 of them have caught a highly contagious disease - there couldn’t be a more open & shut case of a decision they have made affecting their fitness to play. Even the other 6 who don’t seem to have caught it (as far as we know) will miss at least 3 games. Now, I’m no fan fan of cycling, but Team SKY always send in their own dedicated teams of cleaners to their riders’ hotel rooms to minimise the possibility of them catching illnesses like the cold & flu. I couldn’t imagine them being out in a pub in the middle of a pandemic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

On the plus side if the seasons called Hibs get champions league spot....

I'm looking forward to playing the likes of Real Madrid and Man City at Easter Road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

 

Clearly the players have fucked up by deciding it was safe to open the pubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junior_Arab said:

Well, it clearly has done! As result of their actions at least 2 of them have caught a highly contagious disease - there couldn’t be a more open & shut case of a decision they have made affecting their fitness to play. Even the other 6 who don’t seem to have caught it (as far as we know) will miss at least 3 games. Now, I’m no fan fan of cycling, but Team SKY always send in their own dedicated teams of cleaners to their riders’ hotel rooms to minimise the possibility of them catching illnesses like the cold & flu. I couldn’t imagine them being out in a pub in the middle of a pandemic. 

But that wasn't the problem the poster has - it wasn't them catching covid which was his issue, it was the fact they dared to go out for a drink after losing a football match.

In terms of Team Sky, I'd probably send my own cleaners in too if I had lots of vials of "asthma medication" lying around all the time which you wouldn't want an unsuspecting hotel maid to find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41190527

 

Quote

"Judging from my dressing room, we've got loads of players who don't touch it and who are very aware of the need to be at top fitness levels.

"You can't play at the levels that we demand if you are constantly abusing yourself through alcohol.

"There is a time and a place. We are not asking the players to live like monks. They are human beings like everybody else.

"They have a duty to enjoy themselves, but we want to make sure it's more in keeping with their job.

"It (the drinking culture) has changed. There's far better professionalism in the game of football in the last 10-15 years than there was maybe previously.

"The most important part is having that discipline, always being aware in the modern day and age, being at your best athletically, but also being aware of everything round about you when you're out.

Is that right Derek?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe it’s just me overreacting but I really don’t think people are getting it.

I had a close family member pass away in April. I had the choice to travel to the funeral. I didn’t go. So watched their funeral with my Son in a flood of tears, on a laptop, in my living room.

Few months on, I could have met friends or gone to the Pub, but so didn’t as I didn’t want to jeopardise the time I met my parents after their shielding ended.

All personal decisions made during the pandemic, abiding by rules and to protect the health of others.

Selfish, posing, “professional” athletes, who understood protocol to allow the football season to begin were faced with a choice of whether to go out on the piss on Saturday and they said “f**k it”. Doesn’t just jeopardise them, but staff, opponents and the season as a whole.

Sorry if that’s me overreacting.


You're giving the players too much intellectual credit, no way did they consider any risks, their only concern was a cheeky tequila and a night out with the lads lads lads.

Idiots are selfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocked and saddened to see a fellow member club being treated shabbily during a pandemic by our governing bodies. No club should be unfairly impacted during this time. I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...

Theyve already put a statement saying they will, and its the fault of the players so they can't complain.

Compare and contrast to Particks statements over the past 3 months, and your club would currently be posting a massive statement promising that the "Partick Thistle family will be avenged for such a disgraceful act against our club", while your owner PMs 15yo kids to try and get them to put up "f**k the SPFL" signs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Shocked and saddened to see a fellow member club being treated shabbily during a pandemic by our governing bodies. No club should be unfairly impacted during this time. I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...

Of course we will.

Why would we expect anyone to help us here exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Maybe it’s just me overreacting but I really don’t think people are getting it.

I had a close family member pass away in April. I had the choice to travel to the funeral. I didn’t go. So watched their funeral with my Son in a flood of tears, on a laptop, in my living room.

Few months on, I could have met friends or gone to the Pub, but so didn’t as I didn’t want to jeopardise the time I met my parents after their shielding ended.

All personal decisions made during the pandemic, abiding by rules and to protect the health of others.

Selfish, posing, “professional” athletes, who understood protocol to allow the football season to begin were faced with a choice of whether to go out on the piss on Saturday and they said “f**k it”. Doesn’t just jeopardise them, but staff, opponents and the season as a whole.

Sorry if that’s me overreacting.
 

You're not overreacting as such but you are projecting your own personal circumstances and risk calculation on a bunch of young athletes who probably aren't in contact with shielding parents or any other vulnerable groups much, if at all, once any given season starts. Their collective risk from contracting a virus that was not even disclosed as being spread in the community last weekend was therefore much, much lower than yours which is why they were okay with going out to a restaurant/bar. Literally tens of thousands of people are in a similar position choosing to do the exact same thing every weekend right now. 

We'd also incidentally be setting an extremely dangerous precedent for the rest of society if we determined that an employee's choice of (entirely legal) leisure activity outside of their working hours can suddenly be punished by the club or governing authority. Should all the other employers of people who were advised to self-isolate after going to a pub have a right to sanction them for it?

I'd be really surprised if the SG allows such a mixed message by letting the team travel to Perth for a football game while trying for the first time to convince one large population centre alone to stay in their box and not to travel unnecessarily. That's where I think a line should be drawn underneath the incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyve already put a statement saying they will, and its the fault of the players so they can't complain.

Compare and contrast to Particks statements over the past 3 months, and your club would currently be posting a massive statement promising that the "Partick Thistle family will be avenged for such a disgraceful act against our club", while your owner PMs 15yo kids to try and get them to put up "f**k the SPFL" signs...

That's because we don't have a fucking Karen as our chairman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

That's because we don't have a fucking Karen as our chairman.

An ex tory spin doctor Karen in the case of Partick Thistle. Despicable woman all round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Shocked and saddened to see a fellow member club being treated shabbily during a pandemic by our governing bodies. No club should be unfairly impacted during this time. I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...

This  was funnier on twitter last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Shocked and saddened to see a fellow member club being treated shabbily during a pandemic by our governing bodies. No club should be unfairly impacted during this time. I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...

🤣🤣

making a right tit of yourself here dude.

 Nobody at Aberdeen is complaining about the decision. Rightly the fans are pissed off with the players but nothing else.

Away back to the wee lassie club with the diet ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet365 have St. J at 8/15

Normally I'd be all for smashing the bookies but on Saturday it would give me great pleasure to see a few punters lose.

A great chance for the fringe players to show what they can do. (Probably not much).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shocked and saddened to see a fellow member club being treated shabbily during a pandemic by our governing bodies. No club should be unfairly impacted during this time. I guess Aberdeen will just have to suck it up and get on with it...
Desperate stuff. Not one of the Aberdeen lads thinks this is anything other than the right decision. It also might not be the last time this season this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...